Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
No. Point does not make us lose the cup or lose being a "favorite".

Does it hurt? Yes. But we've been cup favorites for a few years now, and not until this year did Point really have a break out.

until? as if it wasn't only his 2nd year...after a very good rookie season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And not give up a single asset other than cap.

Not yet... But you did just rob Peter, somebody (most likely Nylander for D help) is going to have to go at some point. Of course pull that trade off correctly and all is good.

The idea of Karlsson to Tampa is hard to imagine. That is a NBA level amount of stacking that you just don't see in hockey in the Cap era.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
No. Point does not make us lose the cup or lose being a "favorite".

Does it hurt? Yes. But we've been cup favorites for a few years now, and not until this year did Point really have a break out.

TB would still be a top contender, but keeping Point and having Karlsson would make them the odds on favorite to win. Losing Point wrecks their center depth and frankly makes their overall offence go from exceptional to just above average imo.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Karlsson is a huge addition for Tampa, but they better hope Karlsson's ankle holds up. That is going to be a big, long contract, and a lot of assets out the door.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
My son started texting me like crazy and sent me this...lol

D91E52D1-99B2-41B4-AC02-157E646F5DCD.jpeg

For the record, this is fake.
I’m not posting this to start problems or rumours.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
until? as if it wasn't only his 2nd year...after a very good rookie season.

You mean the 40 point rookie season where we didn't make the playoffs?

I mean we didn't even make the playoffs. Clearly, if we didn't have him we wouldn't have been a cup favorite... Oh wait...

Don't get me wrong, Point is an incredible player but he's not the entire team. It'd be the equivalent of losing a high scoring top 6 for any cup contender.

Suck? Abso-f***ing-lutely. Cost us everything? No.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Hush, posting the trolls makes for a good laugh xD

Side note - I think EK is waiting for this to get to 100 pages deep before he releases the news. Let's go everyone, we've got work to do!!!!!!

Posting fake sources makes for a good laugh? Makes mods job much harder I would guess, we get 10 replies instantly stating the source is fake/untrustworthy.

At least with semi reliable sources, you can maybe have some conversation.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Vegas with the (un)surprising trade. They make the most sense, and f*** Serg, if Point isnt coming back Ottawa has a much harder rebuild coming. I hope they stick to their guns unless it's Serg+++

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's weird how everyone sighs (for good reason) at Eklund rumours, yet I've seen at least 5-10 different wanna be insider tweets posted as inside information. I want leaks as much as anyone, but at least post from semi creditable sources.
Problem is even the creditable sources seem to be slinging shit at the walls and hoping one sticks.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Pierre Dorion the next billboard face for the unemployment office.
nhl-draft.jpg

Ottawa Senators general manager Pierre Dorion.
“We feel very confident that we’re headed in the right direction,” Dorion said. “We don’t like to brand things here. We’ll have a younger team, and, watching development camp, there’s quite a few players that have impressed us and we know that were fighting for spots.
“We feel there’s going to be a change to our roster when October comes around and there’s going to be good, healthy battles.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
TB would still be a top contender, but keeping Point and having Karlsson would make them the odds on favorite to win. Losing Point wrecks their center depth and frankly makes their overall offence go from exceptional to just above average imo.

Karlsson is a better offensive player than Point though

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not yet... But you did just rob Peter, somebody (most likely Nylander for D help) is going to have to go at some point. Of course pull that trade off correctly and all is good.

The idea of Karlsson to Tampa is hard to imagine. That is a NBA level amount of stacking that you just don't see in hockey in the Cap era.
No Nylander does not have to go. It's been posted about and talked about to death.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Problem is even the creditable sources seem to be slinging **** at the walls and hoping one sticks.

Agree, it's that I can't even pretend to discuss anything seeing from BoltJoltz/etc or whatever as a source. At least with some other posts, there might be a chance since we're talking about REAL people, not nameless twitter sources.

That's what I'm mainly referring to, nameless/faceless twitter "sources".

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Pierre Dorion the next billboard face for the unemployment office.
nhl-draft.jpg

Ottawa Senators general manager Pierre Dorion.
“We feel very confident that we’re headed in the right direction,” Dorion said. “We don’t like to brand things here. We’ll have a younger team, and, watching development camp, there’s quite a few players that have impressed us and we know that were fighting for spots.
“We feel there’s going to be a change to our roster when October comes around and there’s going to be good, healthy battles.
Dorion will be unemployed when Melnyk sells. He should go back to being head scout.

Reactions: TCB

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You mean the 40 point rookie season where we didn't make the playoffs?

I mean we didn't even make the playoffs. Clearly, if we didn't have him we wouldn't have been a cup favorite... Oh wait...

Don't get me wrong, Point is an incredible player but he's not the entire team. It'd be the equivalent of losing a high scoring top 6 for any cup contender.

Suck? Abso-****ing-lutely. Cost us everything? No.

40 points in 68 games. Yes thats a very good rookie year.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I am curious to see the Karlsson effect on Tampa. He seems more of a luxury than a necessity, with the Lightning being so potent offensively already. Their only issue last year was goals against, 236 (which was 4 more than Toronto), and I am not sure Karlsson helps with that. I wonder if he will be paired with Hedman or McD.

KilPhessel

Mar 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I’m sure it’s been talked about already in here but genuinely curious why it was such a sticking point to trade Hoffman out of the division but then Dorian has no issues keeping one of the best defenseman in the game in his division? Very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad