Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Well, non of these other guys get their own thread tags for being wrong 100% of the time lol.

Absolutely, but a nameless twitter handle surely as unreliable. So at the end, if it's about posting unreliable rumours/sources, it shouldn't matter those nameless twitter sources don't have their own HF tags, they are still garbage.

That's what matters at the end, right?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Think of it from Ottawa's perspective. They'd be moving the best defense-man since Lidstrom for a promising kid. Point just doesn't have that value yet. If you're notgiving him up I don't see how you get Karlsson unless the add on Serg is huge.

I am thinking of it from Ottawa's perspective. They're not getting full value for Karlsson in a deal that's only happening because Karlsson has no intentions of resigning with them. So they have to turn Karlsson into the best assets THEY CAN, as opposed to what might be fair value. He has to go to the highest bidder. Otherwise, Dorion misses out on his chance to start the rebuild with good pieces, because he held out for a piece (Point) TB was never going to give up.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I am curious to see the Karlsson effect on Tampa. He seems more of a luxury than a necessity, with the Lightning being so potent offensively already. Their only issue last year was goals against, 236 (which was 4 more than Toronto), and I am not sure Karlsson helps with that. I wonder if he will be paired with Hedman or McD.

And that there is the big question IF (and YES it's still an IF until we see an official TBL tweet) we do end up with Karlsson. Do you put Hedman with Karlsson just because it would be so fricking cool to see? Or do you split them up so you have one of them on the ice for 50 minutes? Do you also possibly split them so that each is paired with a dependable partner who can hold down the defensive fort while allowing each of them to rampage through the opponent's offensive zone?

Since Sergachev is most likely the main piece that's going ( :::sad but understanding sniffles::: ) that would leave our top four for this upcoming season to be either:

Hedman-Karlsson Offensive juggernauts of DOOOM, hide your forwards and your d-men!
McDonagh-Strålman Shutdown defensive pair - did very well together until the Caps series.

OR

Hedman-Strålman Proven pair with oodles of chemistry that frees Hedman to roam freely.
McDonagh-Karlsson If they end up having any sort of chemistry, McD is waaay solid enough to let Karlsson roam freely as well.

#FirstWorldHockeyProblems :D

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
What was the last trade to be announced in the middle of the night? Serious question. I remember the Erik Johnson for Stewart, Shattenkirk trade being very late. But what since?
I remember when Vancouver acquired Brian Noonan years ago, it was announced after a Saturday night game in Vancouver, so approaching 10 here

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm sure the NHL offices are closed now. Probably won't be "official" until around 9:45am tomorrow

You are apparently unfamiliar with how and when Steve Yzerman makes trades. This is pretty much the norm.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Think of it from Ottawa's perspective. They'd be moving the best defense-man since Lidstrom for a promising kid. Point just doesn't have that value yet. If you're notgiving him up I don't see how you get Karlsson unless the add on Serg is huge.

You could get him for free in a year if he doesn't sign a contract. Karlsson's a good player no doubt, but I wouldn't tear apart my team to fit him on the roster. Point is a probably the best center on that team, and he's 22 and continuing to get better. Throw in the fact they probably have to unload other players like Johnson, not to mention prospects/picks and it becomes a question of is it really worth it. The NHL continues to move towards depth now, teams win with depth, not star players. This isn't the NBA where you can dominate with 2-3 stars on your team. You need a full 20 man roster+. That's why McDavid hasn't won a cup yet.

Reactions: AndreRoy

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Would you trade a young Bergeron still on his ELC for a past his prime, coming off a serious injury, impending UFA Lidstrom? When you already had a better defenseman on your roster?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Nobody gives up an elite blue chipper with two years left on his ELC for an impending UFA. It simply doesn’t happen. There’s a first time for everything and I’ll be incredibly pissed if it does but the fact that you think there would need to be any add-on to Serg, much less a huge one, is simply laughable.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not yet... But you did just rob Peter, somebody (most likely Nylander for D help) is going to have to go at some point. Of course pull that trade off correctly and all is good.

The idea of Karlsson to Tampa is hard to imagine. That is a NBA level amount of stacking that you just don't see in hockey in the Cap era.
This silly notion that because it’s the leafs we can’t afford to keep our talented players. Teams find ways to keep elite talents around. If that means cycling out cheap contracts throughout the remaining 7 forward spots and 3 d spots then so be it.
TML will be built around Matthews-Nylander Tavares-Marner with Kadri playing with the best of the rest and rielly and either a bounced back Zaitsev and either a re-signed or replaced Gardiner. That will be the backbone going forward.
I know other fan bases wanna see us make our own disastrous subban for Weber or hall for larsson but our gm is too smart for that to happen. Get used to us being dominant and for a while.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So this is really happening. Sucks for the Sens fans.

I know, I'm not an Ottawa fan but I'm still holding out the faintest hope that he can stay. Wouldn't wish losing a player of his ilk on a franchise. Islanders fans know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad