Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think it's more about the circumstances that got him into this situation in the first place that makes people upset.

nothing can be done about that 1st round pick now

I don't get why people think he can just trade to get that pick back as if Colorado is not going to ask for a return that's the equivalent of a top 5 pick

I don't see any way in which Karlsson is a Sens next year, and I feel for Sens fans there. But with VGK DAL and TBL all gunning for him and Karlsson's willingness to do a sign and trade, they really could not have hoped for better

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I wonder if there's a Karlsson signing a extension guarantee as a part of a trade. The return for Ottawa would be far better if there was. If not Yzerman is playing with fire. Karlsson will be just as big in free agency as Tavares was this year.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
NTCs are part of things. they're bargained to take less money.

if I talked to you today and said 'o.k. i'll give you a job for four years at $30 an hour and you and your wife and kids can settle into your house and the kids can got to school and your wife can meet friends and you can set down roots - or I can give you a job at $33 an hour and at any time over the next five years I can decide to ship you off to any of 30 different cities in North America without your say so on a days notice and your wife can pack up the house say bye to your friends and your kids can change schools.' - which one are you choosing.
You do realize though that it doesn't work like that. at 33 an hour or 30 an hour, a person is making 62-68k a year. That isn't enough to buy a house/settle in anywhere
the lowest an NHL player can make is 600k.

Could buy a nice house in city a, and rent in city b for the few months of the year, and still have more money than in either of your examples.
With most making way over 600k.
If you want to pay me what a player like Karlsson gets a yr( 6mil currently) and tell me I may have to up and move to 1 of 30 different cities on a moments notice, you best believe for that money, my wife and I would be packed and ready to go within a day.
Even to shit holes like Newark, Detroit, Flint, Chicago.
If i only got paid 30 an hour, or 33, I couldn't afford to move my stuff.
That said I'm in favor of NTC/NMC

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
You do realize though that it doesn't work like that. at 33 an hour or 30 an hour, a person is making 62-68k a year. That isn't enough to buy a house/settle in anywhere

Could buy a nice house in city a, and rent in city b for the few months of the year, and still have more money than in either of your examples.
If you want to pay me what a player like Karlsson gets a yr( 6mil currently) and tell me I may have to up and move to 1 of 30 different cities on a moments notice, you best believe for that money, my wife and I would be packed and ready to go within a day.
Even to **** holes like Newark, Detroit, Flint, Chicago.

You kinda missed the point. The precise monetary value wasn’t really what he was driving at.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
There's also the possibility that he doesn't look quite as good when he's one of many elite players rather than carrying a team on his own

Karlsson is one of the smartest players in the world and he's a playmaker at heart, the idea that he wouldn't still dominate with more talented players taking his passes and setting him up is crazy to me.

Most Norris winners over the last 20 years have been players who played on contenders. Karlsson is the glaring exception. Whichever team he goes to he is going to make a contender.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Dear lord so many people underrating Karlsson right now.

Karlsson is going to destroy in Tampa.

The only other time Karlsson played with elite talent he finished first in Olympic scoring while going the whole tournament without being on for a goal against.

He hasn't had another elite offensive talent to play with since Spezza. Their chemistry was so insane that a Spezza points highlight reel could double as a Karlsson points highlight reel.

He has dragged lottery caliber teams to conference finals. Now he is going to have Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Point(?), he's going to absolutely destroy and Tampa will become the Barcelona of hockey.
I'm still kind of convinced we'll wake up and it'll be Vegas as the frontrunner.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
not at all. As long as he stays out east I'd want him to be as good as he can be. If they will beat up on the eastern conference for the next decade that's fine with me.

Talent plays better with talent.

He’ll be better off not being paired with Borowiecki ES and not having to force-feed obvious passes on the PP to Hoffman who misses half his shots, trust me.

Playing with one of McDo or Hedman ES and with Hedman/Stamkos/Kucherov on the PP... he’ll be back to his PPG ways. Also he’ll be rested, healthy and with a summer’s worth of training.

Crow

May 19, 2014

Even to **** holes like Newark, Detroit, Flint, Chicago.
Lol @ Chicago.

Reactions: haveandare

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
NTCs are part of things. they're bargained to take less money.

if I talked to you today and said 'o.k. i'll give you a job for four years at $30 an hour and you and your wife and kids can settle into your house and the kids can got to school and your wife can meet friends and you can set down roots - or I can give you a job at $33 an hour and at any time over the next five years I can decide to ship you off to any of 30 different cities in North America without your say so on a days notice and your wife can pack up the house say bye to your friends and your kids can change schools.' - which one are you choosing.
The first bit of your post most people do not ever want to grasp. Players give up term, salary, bonuses, a mixture zig zag of all three to have destination control. This is why you see players go for far less in most cases, or rarer far more than they are valued because a team wants to move a player but the management are left with an A or B option. So few fans want to understand this. A huge group of fans believe value is ultimate.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson is one of the smartest players in the world and he's a playmaker at heart, the idea that he wouldn't still dominate with more talented players taking his passes and setting him up is crazy to me.

Most Norris winners over the last 20 years have been players who played on contenders. Karlsson is the glaring exception. Whichever team he goes to he is going to make a contender.
While I agree with you mostly here, we are yet to see how Karlsson will be after a proper offseason, where his foot has had the time to properly heal. In addition, as great as Karlsson is offensively, there are still flaws in his defensive game and that is one thing I will not miss when the Sens trade him. He's a great playmaker/scorer but many a time he's also a high risk/high reward type of player which has burned him and the Sens during games. I'm not saying he won't excel in TB, but you have to keep him incubated with a solid shut down, less mistake prone defensive partner (like he was with Methot). I wouldn't even have him as a top 25 defensive defensemen in the current NHL. He is what he is, a beast offensively and you have to live with his defensive mistakes.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Reading some of the Tampa Bay fans posts saying player x shouldn’t be moved for Karlsson. Karlsson will be the Lightning’s best player, there isn’t a player I wouldn’t move for him on the Lightning.

They like to have all the players

Reactions: haveandare

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
While I agree with you mostly here, we are yet to see how Karlsson will be after a proper offseason, where his foot has had the time to properly heal. In addition, as great as Karlsson is offensively, there are still flaws in his defensive game and that is one thing I will not miss when the Sens trade him. He's a great playmaker/scorer but many a time he's also a high risk/high reward type of player which has burned him and the Sens during games. I'm not saying he won't excel in TB, but you have to keep him incubated with a solid shut down, less mistake prone defensive partner (like he was with Methot). I wouldn't even have him as a top 25 defensive defensemen in the current NHL. He is what he is, a beast offensively and you have to live with his defensive mistakes.

Karlsson is a defensive beast. People harp on him for for playing risky, and thus making some mistakes. but these people don't understand that he was asked and needed to play this way because if Karlsson wasn't doing anything, chances were the whole team wasn't doing anything.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Tampa fans, can you fill me in on some of your prospects since Ottawa is likely getting at least one of them if this deal goes down. Who do you see Tampa including and can you tell me anything about them? Spank you kindly.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
honestly if rangers are involved I'm surprised teams don't have these type of tandem relationships more often when one is rebuilding and the other is contending

So many GMs in this league are so tremendously passive. Gorton is obviously working really really hard to get things done, but there are so few to ‘play’ with out there...

In a way, EDM and NYR had that relationship before 94’. The joke Rangers South or whatever Tampa is called here and there comes from that time, when the Rangers were referred to as Edmonton East. Mess, Beuke, Graves, McT, Tikk, Andersson and co.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Tampa fans, can you fill me in on some of your prospects since Ottawa is likely getting at least one of them if this deal goes down. Who do you see Tampa including and can you tell me anything about them? Spank you kindly.
foote: good all around dman should be a top 4 dude
katchouk: top 6 crash and bang winger potential
volkov: size and two way ability, underrated stickhandler
raddysh: size and can score goals, if he can get back to 16-17 form hes one of our best
cernak: near nhl ready defensive rhd, should be a 4/5

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad