Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part III (Traded to Oil Kings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
If someone is actually "ready", then by definition it is not rushing.

We can't know if he is ready based on preseason alone. We would know after the 82 games, which is not a risk I would be willing to take at this point. We can take that shot next year.

Reactions: dralaf

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If Sergachev could get 3 games as a 18 year old not even looking CLOSE to as good as Guhle (at 19) has been looking this training camp :

He'll get as many games as possible before 9 until Edmundson comes back
No sweat there

Lord knows we have a NUMBER of LD to plug temporarily

Last edited:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If Sergachev could get 3 games as a 18 year old not even looking CLOSE to as good as Guhle (at 19) has been looking this training camp

He'll get as many games as possible before 9 until Edmundson comes back
No sweat there

Lord knows we have a NUMBER of LD to plug temporarily
They have come a long way. I still remember when Morrow, Kulak, Alzner and Schlemko were on rotation.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Coach should have a good idea. Not sure we have enough information for an educated guess. If coach sees Guhle in his top 4 he stays. If marginal top 6 back to junior or a few NHL games. Poll would change nothing except showing how traumatised we are with some players development.
What role does he project to be? Because unless it's an offensive role expecting a 19 year old to be able to be a shut down top four guy is a big ask. If he can be a 40+ point guy sure, play him in a sheltered role but look at Romanov, not a guy who will rack up the points but not good enough to play the role he is best suited for

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
On a serious note, Jake Virtanen lol. The Canucks are so stupid
How are the Canucks stupid? Jake was a force in JR who had an amazing skill set, speed and size who was picked right around where he was in many mock drafts.
I mean a hab fan knocking vans drafting is a little on the nose no?

Reactions: cphabs

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
How are the Canucks stupid? Jake was a force in JR who had an amazing skill set, speed and size who was picked right around where he was in many mock drafts.
I mean a hab fan knocking vans drafting is a little on the nose no?
His game clearly wasn't going to translate to the NHL, and it didn't. Your typical WHL power forward one trick pony who relies too much on his size to dominate 16-year-olds and then hits a brick wall when they go pro. Also major attitude issues (even before the allegations)

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Give him a taste then send him back. 19 is very young to handle the pressure both mentally and physically
The part of the game without the puck, learning how to check it and working to get it back.
There were shifts when he was in the right position defensively, and then there were moments when he spent a good deal of time chasing the play.

Reactions: Hins77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Give him a taste then send him back. 19 is very young to handle the pressure both mentally and physically
The part of the game without the puck, learning how to check it and working to get it back.
There were shifts when he was in the right position defensively, and then there were moments when he spent a good deal of time chasing the play.
Keep him around until Edmundson is ready or he hits 9 games then he must go back.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Just watching him in his interview today he looks kind of small. He's a big kid but he's a bit lanky and could benefit from a year bulking up imo.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
What role does he project to be? Because unless it's an offensive role expecting a 19 year old to be able to be a shut down top four guy is a big ask. If he can be a 40+ point guy sure, play him in a sheltered role but look at Romanov, not a guy who will rack up the points but not good enough to play the role he is best suited for
My eyes tell me Guhle will push Romy down the cepth chart if Guhle can bulk up.

Reactions: MasterD

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Great move, he is going to develop his offensive potential at WHL. I really think that Guhle is a better prospect than Sergachev at the same age. Oustanding pick by Habs. We got Sergachev at 9. Guhle at 16, but i would take Guhle ahead of Sergachev if both are in the same class.

My favorite prospect, the best prospect, top pairing potential.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Great move, he is going to develop his offensive potential at WHL. I really think that Guhle is a better prospect than Sergachev at the same age. Oustanding pick by Habs. We got Sergachev at 9. Guhle at 16, but i would take Guhle ahead of Sergachev if both are in the same class.

My favorite prospect, the best prospect, top pairing potential.
2 completely different player, but at Guhle age, Sergachev had a 40 pts season in the NHL. Even if I like more Guhle game, it's hard to say that he was better then Sergachev at the same age.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My eyes tell me Guhle will push Romy down the cepth chart if Guhle can bulk up.

I rather look at it in terms of how our group of 6 looks like in the coming years. Tampa still has Sergachev playing on the bottom pairing with PP time. It don't have to be who is better and it can be how they all fit well together within the team strategy. Who was better between Petry and Weber over the last 3 years? Doesn't really matter when they both provide value in areas they are good at.

Guhle does have the potential to be a top pairing guy for sure. Romanov is more like a top 4D type. I really do like how our young D looks but it's going to take time for them to be fully matured.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I rather look at it in terms of how our group of 6 looks like in the coming years. Tampa still has Sergachev playing on the bottom pairing with PP time. It don't have to be who is better and it can be how they all fit well together within the team strategy. Who was better between Petry and Weber over the last 3 years? Doesn't really matter when they both provide value in areas they are good at.

Guhle does have the potential to be a top pairing guy for sure. Romanov is more like a top 4D type. I really do like how our young D looks but it's going to take time for them to be fully matured.
Yeah I agree on your outlook. I get caught up in the back and forth here and sometimes my opinions can come out rather offensive maybe even defensive. I totally agree that having both is a + !

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad