Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part III (Traded to Oil Kings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Intensity will still go up a notch or two before the end of camp; I like what I saw so far but I am still in wait and see mode.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
I'm a huge fan of Guhle , I think he is one of the best prospects the Habs have in the system right now. However, I think he would really benefit from another full season in the Juniors..
There is no need to rush him, as much as i'd enjoy watching him suit up this season for the Habs!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
What the comparison Nicolas Cloutier and Anthony Martineau give to Kaiden Guhle? I don't watch.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Let him play his last year in the dub aswell as one year in the Ahl, after that he should be ready. Hopefully management has learned not to rush prospects after seeing how KK and Mete are looking like they are gonna settle as players far below what they had potential to be.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Let him play his last year in the dub aswell as one year in the Ahl, after that he should be ready. Hopefully management has learned not to rush prospects after seeing how KK and Mete are looking like they are gonna settle as players far below what they had potential to be.

Every player is different. Quite a few recent examples of 19 year old defensemen in this league. It is a case by case decision.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Maybe someone should start a poll? :huh:

Coach should have a good idea. Not sure we have enough information for an educated guess. If coach sees Guhle in his top 4 he stays. If marginal top 6 back to junior or a few NHL games. Poll would change nothing except showing how traumatised we are with some players development.

Reactions: KKforprez

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I wouldn't mind Guhle going back for one more year just to work out any potential kinks he may have from missing most of last season (even though he definitely looks ready, there's no need to rush him)
If he is one of the top 5 D on the team, there is no need to send him back. However, if he needs to be sheltered, then rushing him is questionable.

Reactions: HankyZetts

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Habs have D to fill the 5/6 spot and I can't see him being trusted enough to play top 2 pairs now. It was an early exxy game.

Played very well by all accounts ( I didn't see but D take time to mature) I'd be against throwing him to the wolves so early.
Really wish the A was an option. I think the OHL is allowing 19 yr olds to play AHL as an exemption this year if they played 20 games last year. That would be perfect but probly not an option.
If I had the keys to the office I may give him a few games with the squad but in the press box. Give him an op to experience the show without the pressure of performing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think if he can be top 4, you keep him.

For me, that's where the debate begins, but doesn't end.

If he can grow his game offensively in Junior, that has to be counterbalanced against what he can do right now as a primarily defensive dman in the NHL. You don't want to stunt his growth.

Reactions: NewDef

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Guhle is an intriguing prospect and I d love to see him in a Habs Jersey outside of preseason. However, he did not play last year and I don t think an additional OHL season would hurt his development.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Hopefully that didn't also happen with Poehling and Fleury.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Send him back to juniors. He barely played any hockey last year because of COVID and his injury. Let his confidence grow and allow him to become dominant in the WHL.

I'm really excited for next season to be honest. We'd have potentially Guhle, Norlinder, Harris and Struble all fighting for spots on defence. All between 20-22 years old and better suited (physically and mentally) to compete for a spot on the roster.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Send him back to juniors. He barely played any hockey last year because of COVID and his injury. Let his confidence grow and allow him to become dominant in the WHL.

I'm really excited for next season to be honest. We'd have potentially Guhle, Norlinder, Harris and Struble all fighting for spots on defence. All between 20-22 years old and better suited (physically and mentally) to compete for a spot on the roster.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris play games after signing his ELC. Struble they'll bring along slowly, and they'll have the luxury because it's very possible next year we have Romanov, Norlinder, Guhle and Harris on the blueline with Petry, Edmundson and Savard. Allowing us to move Norlinder, Guhle and Harris to the AHL in a rotation, etc.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think if he can be top 4, you keep him.

The problem is we can't predict a 82 game season. It appears he is ready but we also thought KK would be ready too. Remember the "He don't look out of place" narrative. I won't complain too much with Guhle if he makes the team but there is no doubt about it, it's a risky road to take when Guhle was not allowed to dominate a development league prior to the NHL.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad