Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part III (Traded to Oil Kings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Send him back to juniors. He barely played any hockey last year because of COVID and his injury. Let his confidence grow and allow him to become dominant in the WHL.

I'm really excited for next season to be honest. We'd have potentially Guhle, Norlinder, Harris and Struble all fighting for spots on defence. All between 20-22 years old and better suited (physically and mentally) to compete for a spot on the roster.

The back end certainly looks promising in the years to come... I do like how guys like Norlinder, Romanov, Harris, and Brook can play both sides. No doubt some of them will bust or disappoint but man... look at that list of guys. I included Niku cause he's only 24 and could be a piece for us moving forward.

Guhle / Norlinder
Romanov / Niku
Harris / Mailloux
Fairbrother / Brook
Struble, Kostenko, Trudeau, Sobolev

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can he play 9 games then go back to junior? If he can let that happen to be sure he’s not ready.

That is very possible but we would have to play him in Edmundson's spot where that might work out cause they don't want to rush Eddy back and then have him deal with a nagging injury all year. 9 games would take us to Oct 30th. That's another month for Eddy to get 100% healthy.

The other thing we would need to do is clear cap... Wideman and Paquette put on waivers?

wb6aBi7.jpg

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I wouldn't mind Guhle going back for one more year just to work out any potential kinks he may have from missing most of last season (even though he definitely looks ready, there's no need to rush him)
If someone is actually "ready", then by definition it is not rushing.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
This so much. Who cares if he can hand as a bottom pair D right now? We want him to be much more than that. Playing D aint easy in the NHL for 82 games.
And that's the thing with most young prospects. They can handle the first few games, but they can't handle the grind. That's what happened with KK. It kills confidence. I'd rather have Guhle play junior hockey this year and AHL next year if need be. Let him take his time. It's a huge step from junior to NHL. Not everyone can handle it like Suzuki or Caufield (to some extent), especially at defense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The competition Guhle faced in his last game will progressively increase and it will be interesting how he responds to playing against in shape top 6 players.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would send Guhle back to Junior. After mistakes made on KK or Galchenyuk. The extra year doesn't hurt. More complete player when we do get him here and extra year on other end of ELC.

The way I would bring him up is if we had a big hole in team. But at 19, doubt he is much better than Kulak or Wideman. Whom he would replace

If a good training camp was final decision Latendresse would have been greatest Hab to ever lace them up.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
9 games will be very benefit to him if he come back to junior. If he play like a veteran for 9 games, that's no question he is going to make the team. This kid is very speacial.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would send Guhle back to Junior. After mistakes made on KK or Galchenyuk. The extra year doesn't hurt. More complete player when we do get him here and extra year on other end of ELC.

The way I would bring him up is if we had a big hole in team. But at 19, doubt he is much better than Kulak or Wideman. Whom he would replace

If a good training camp was final decision Latendresse would have been greatest Hab to ever lace them up.
His maturity level seems way higher than KK or Galchenyuk however.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like how I went from seeing so many posts about hating the pick to now seeing posts about him being untouchable...MTL baby.
:snide::snide::snide:

Most people didn't like the pick because our defensive prospect pool was stacked while our offensive pool was missing players, and the draft had a lot of good offensive talents in it.. nothing against the player, though there's still development needed on the offensive side of the puck (his first pass is great and he can find ways to get his shot off, but he doesn't set players up in the offensive zone for shooting opportunities at a high enough level yet)

Though if you told me we'd get Mysak (who I saw as a first rounder) in r2 and Guhle in r1, I would have been completely fine when the Guhle pick was announced.

Reactions: Sagikev

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
His maturity level seems way higher than KK or Galchenyuk however.
I don't think anyone had issue with Kotkaniemi's maturity at the time.

Let's not take the same path with Guhle.

Our very own Shae Weber played two seasons in junior after being drafted, followed by a very successful 40+ games stint in the AHL.

Guhle has already missed a full season of development. There is absolutely no reason to have him in the NHL this year.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If Eddy is not ready to start the season, Ghule is going to get an opportunity to fill the void and seeing how well the guy can play, I would bet that he never return to the CHL.

This is not what I wish tho, I believe one more year in PA would be beneficial for him

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really think that Guhle and Romanov in the same team will transform that defensive group. The transition will be much better, the passing will be much better, a forward like Drouin will benefit that.

Guhle will make this team better this year, 30 points in 82 games is pretty possible projection for him, he can already shoot the puck, he can already create play, he can defend, he can hit... like Romy, he is going to make some mistake, but he looks already know how play he is own zone.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I like how I went from seeing so many posts about hating the pick to now seeing posts about him being untouchable...MTL baby.
:snide::snide::snide:
I'm a proud Guhle stan since Day 1, or if you wanna get techincal, 3 years before the draft :laugh:

Really stood out to me at the WHL Cup. Kid is crazy good. Reminds me of Ekblad. Plays like a veteran.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I liked Virtanen in the D-1 season, looked like a big kid with a good shot.. then when I looked at him critically in his draft year, you could see there was literally nothing between his ears.
Statement is true both on and off the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad