Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part III (Traded to Oil Kings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gord Miller, who has been very vocal that prospects should never be rushed (and spent the last three years saying that KK should have never started in the NHL right away), approves of the Guhle cut:

Miller also said right after the draft KK was a “stretch of a pick” and would need a few years to develop for best case

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Tied his OHL production from last year in half the games :naughty:

God what I would of given to see him play 9 with us at the NHL level to start the year while Eddy's hurtin

He COULD NOT of looked any worse than what Romanov looked like last night, because at the moment the word Romanov triggers the word "concern" in my brain

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure how to compliment Guhle other then saying he's 90% certainty to be the next Weber.

He's got the leadership, bad dandruff and shot to be Weber and after breaking a few jaws, may the Holy Grail as the next Big Bird V.2.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I'm not sure how to compliment Guhle other then saying he's 90% certainty to be the next Weber.

He's got the leadership, bad dandruff and shot to be Weber and after breaking a few jaws, may the Holy Grail as the next Big Bird V.2.

Even has the Weber injuries. ;)

Jokes aside, there is no guarantee at all. Given the Habs draft history, he is a bust until proven otherwise at NHL level.

Reactions: PKWeber

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
God what I would of given to see him play 9 with us at the NHL level to start the year while Eddy's hurtin

He COULD NOT of looked any worse than what Romanov looked like last night, because at the moment the word Romanov triggers the word "concern" in my brain

Every prospect playing in Montreal is a concern. We haven't develop anyone since Pacioretty. I'm really concern about Suzuki and Caufield. Romanov keep getting worst since he came here. KK was a skill player when he arrived and left completely lost Primeau is regressing every year since his stellar year in college. The problem is probably all the bozos from Bergevin to Lapointe. I used to stand for Bergevin but I'm done. Win or loose I don't mind but seing nobody stepping up never is enough for me. It took Drouin a medical absence and 5 yeas to finally play some good hockey and I'm pretty sure it's his maturity that rise above the incompetence of the coaches and staff here. Molson need to wake up.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Miller also said right after the draft KK was a “stretch of a pick” and would need a few years to develop for best case

Gord Miller is not a source to be quoted, he is a broadcaster with no expertise in the game whatsoever. Seems like a nice enough guy but is just your average fan with a broadcasting degree.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Gord Miller is not a source to be quoted, he is a broadcaster with no expertise in the game whatsoever. Seems like a nice enough guy but is just your average fan with a broadcasting degree.
I don't agree with this statement. He's done the WJHC for decades, seen first hand and up close different prospects coming up in different organizations and how they've done etc as a living for god knows how long. He's on the ice, in the locker rooms and with the organizations and has plenty of close relationships. He isn't some random poster lurking in the shadows making comments behind a keyboard and anonymity.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don't agree with this statement. He's done the WJHC for decades, seen first hand and up close different prospects coming up in different organizations and how they've done etc as a living for god knows how long. He's on the ice, in the locker rooms and with the organizations and has plenty of close relationships. He isn't some random poster lurking in the shadows making comments behind a keyboard and anonymity.

Also, some people may not know all the strategies and details about the game but still have very good perception of the game and how players might develop. Some might know all the details, but put emphasis at the wrong place and are wrong more often. It's all very subtle.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

In hindsight the habs could have played him 20 minutes a night for most of those games and laughed off any mistakes, but I doubt that they would have done so. He would have played a few sheltered minutes and, if they follow their habits, been benched for expected mistakes, with no explanations or focused coaching. Safer to let him dominate lower levels before promoting him, that is dominate the AHL before he gets to the NHL.

I'd support adding an NHL coach specifically for the young guys to allow for trials like this among other things.

He could well be AHL ready now...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Weber is probably a future hall of famer....

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

If he wants to talk about things that go on around the rink and the personalities behind the scenes that is one thing but he is just a broadcaster. Like 99% of broadcasters who were not athletes he doesn't have the slightest clue about the game relative to professional scouts. He is a likeable personality but even he doesn't take himself too seriously and referencing him as an expert in order to cherry pick a point is laughable.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We live in a post '' I guess Kevin Lowe was a hall of fame caliber player'' world now , Weber is 100% going in.

Weber is a legit hall of famer and maybe the 2nd best dman to come out of bc.

Kevin Lowe was a Clarke Gillies type of selection...... He was in the right places at the right time, and got cups.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He watches games lol.......my dog could watch brain surgery for a decade but wouldn't understand it.
What an awful comparable, hockey isn't brain surgery and I'd be willing to bet Gord has a more in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of the hockey world than the collective knowledge of this site and more than you care to admit. He does more than just watch the games and if that's all he's doing then what are the scouts doing?. Gord sees behind the curtain of not just one team but nearly all, he talks with players and can find out information that the fans cannot and hears directly from the players what helps them grow.

On Kaiden, He's been quite vocal on the reasons why he should go back, from letting him dominate to more anecdotal which I agree with "going from 9 games of charter flights, big money and restaurants in some of the continents biggest cities to Prince Albert, the Bus and Maggies Diner is not good for anyone, people should feel there moving forward not sideways or back".

Reactions: JAVO16

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What an awful comparable, hockey isn't brain surgery and I'd be willing to bet Gord has a more in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of the hockey world than the collective knowledge of this site and more than you care to admit. He does more than just watch the games and if that's all he's doing then what are the scouts doing?. Gord sees behind the curtain of not just one team but nearly all, he talks with players and can find out information that the fans cannot and hears directly from the players what helps them grow.

On Kaiden, He's been quite vocal on the reasons why he should go back, from letting him dominate to more anecdotal which I agree with "going from 9 games of charter flights, big money and restaurants in some of the continents biggest cities to Prince Albert, the Bus and Maggies Diner is not good for anyone, people should feel there moving forward not sideways or back".

Gord isn't remotely in my league let alone the rest of the board. Assigning this much credibility to a broadcaster is an indictment on one's understanding of the game.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Gord isn't remotely in my league let alone the rest of the board. Assigning this much credibility to a broadcaster is an indictment on one's understanding of the game.
Well.. I generally agree with your comment regarding broadcasters not being the most knowledgeable but I think given his experience covering the best prospects in the world for over 20 years, he has a lot more credibility/knowledge you're giving him credit for.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Well.. I generally agree with your comment regarding broadcasters not being the most knowledgeable but I think given his experience covering the best prospects in the world for over 20 years, he has a lot more credibility/knowledge you're giving him credit for.

I have watched him enough to confidently conclude that he is very much a layman with regards to scouting acumen. I have no issue at all with the guy and people should just take him as he is ...a broadcaster with zero hockey credentials. I am not going to say much more on this as it is a silly conversation that shows how little some fans on this board understand the game and why they say the things that they do (not referring to you).

I agree that Guhle should have been sent back to junior but that is just basic common sense. I am sure Gord and I agree on many things such as a flat earth, aardvarks exist and hats are worn on heads but they are equally as indisputable as the fact that Guhle had to be returned to the WHL.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Wait are people arguing against Gord Miller saying prospects should dominate at another level before going to the NHL?

He's unequivocally right. You wouldn't force your kid to go into grade 12 physics when they are barely passing grade 6 math.

He's right when it comes to highly skilled player but i don't think a 3rd line player absolutely has to dominate the AHL to graduate as a 3rd line or 4th line player in the NHL. As long as he is a solid depth player in the AHL it's fine to give him a shot. Many good 3rd line NHL players never dominated the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad