Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Don't ruin the cliche talk!

I LOL'd. And you have a point.

Kadri over or under 65?

I'll take the over. He's going to have his best year in the NHL.

I think he'll have his best year also but that could just as easily mean 52 points. I'll take the under.

I'd rather lose with him and Boyes on our first line than with Bozak and Boyes on the first line. It can't be anymore painful than watching Bozak on the first line for like the 7th season in a row.

QFT. If we started the year with Bozak as our #1 I just might have lost my mind.

Thank god Babcock is here!!

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I would too.

I'm looking for him to have a great year. Don't really care how many points he gets.

There's a lot more to player evaluation than sorting by points.

Not when you're the #1 centre. Either he puts up numbers this year, or we ship him out. I believe the talent is there, but if he needs a change of scenery to showcase it, and we get a good enough return, let's cut him loose.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
I think the same can be said for every single player on the team.

But I thought I was in a thread about a specific individual..

Either way, I think Babcock, and management, is looking for growth both on the ice and off of it, and to relatively different degrees depending on the individual. Is it the same for every single player? I don't think so. For some players? Yep.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Better late than never. I would've liked to see what he can do alongside Kessel but we never got a real look at that unfortunately. Anyway, it seems as though he has the tools to be a legit #1 centre. Looking at his HERO chart, he's already knocking on the door of doing a lot of the stuff it takes for him to be a #1.

5eHCrri.png

This is a make or break season for him and I think he's going to step his game up and own it. 60 points is possible and it would certainly be nice to see him hit that total.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Immature? I don't recall him drinking and driving and crashing into a tree. :laugh:

What are your opinion on Ryan O'rielly's and Zack Kassian maturity level?

He was suspended last season for being immature. Not a battle you're going to win.

The fact you're bringing up those 2 as comparisons tells me you can't win that argument as all 3 have shown immaturity.

All 3 have had a clean slate since camp opened though through new teams or coaches. Immature people are able to mature.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
The Bozak bashing is disgusting.

Guy was undrafted and works his ass off.

Still going to play 15-18 minutes every night for us in a key role.

So lets **** on him because Kadri gets the imaginary '1st line center' role before game 1 even though it could change 20 times between now and November 1st.

Makes you wonder why some cheer for the team with so much hatred toward a player thats done nothing but do what he's told since coming here. Never a problem child, only a team player who gives his all, so lets **** on him....typical Toronto.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Funny that Babcock has him as his number 1 center and Bernier as his number 1 goalie.....it's like he knows how to evaluate players!

Of course he does but since 0 real games have been played even he admits his opinion could change numerous times over the next few weeks.

He's going with the best 'on paper' lineup but even he may change his view on some of these players rather quickly if he doesn't like what he sees in real game action.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

So lets **** on him because Kadri gets the imaginary '1st line center' role before game 1 even though it could change 20 times between now and November 1st.

Makes you wonder why some cheer for the team with so much hatred toward a player thats done nothing but do what he's told since coming here. Never a problem child, only a team player who gives his all, so lets **** on him....typical Toronto.

That's why we suck. Because players like Bozak are playing key roles. If Babcock is as good as I think, no way Bozak will play in key roles as the season goes on.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
That's why we suck. Because players like Bozak are playing key roles. If Babcock is as good as I think, no way Bozak will play in key roles as the season goes on.

Exactly.

I think he are going to see Bozak and Phaneuf being slowly phased out and eventually moved. We have a smart management team now.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014

Agreed. Babs is starting to realize just what he has in Bozak and it shows. Bozie started on the top line at the beginning of training camp and he didn't even last he pre-season in that spot as Babs realized he wasn't cut out for that position in the lineup.

This will continue until Bozak is playing an amount of time and a position in the lineup where he looks like he belongs. Or until he's moved. Which should've happened already.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

How does Babcock being good create organizational depth?

Babcock being good will be shown in how the team plays, not whether Bozak is playing 3rd line because Babcock managed to develop someone else into a better player.

I agree that's why we suck, but it's not Bozak's fault nobody has been able to find more then 1 C better then him over 6 entry drafts, free agencys, multiple GM's, and trades of multiple assets for 1st round picks or equivalent in value.

You can **** on Burke, Nonis, Wilson, Carlyle, hell even Shanahan but Bozak? Only done what he's paid to do. Should be praised and appreciated for his effort, not trashed on because he's not a "#1 C".

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not when you're the #1 centre. Either he puts up numbers this year, or we ship him out. I believe the talent is there, but if he needs a change of scenery to showcase it, and we get a good enough return, let's cut him loose.

Isn't it common knowledge that Kessel is thought to be nowhere near as good as he would be if all we looked at was point totals? I would have thought that experience would have taught people once and for all that there is more evaluation than point totals (no matter what position you play), I guess I was wrong.

No problem, you're of course entitled to do it your way. I'm pretty sure Babcok gets it, even if you don't.

Kadri is better than Bozak, he has been better than Bozak for years and should have got a shot at the #1C centre job 2 years ago. I hope this isn't what you mean by Bozak "bashing" - he's not responsible for coaching mistakes and I hope he does well.

Having said that, I do think he is overpaid. If he proves me wrong and some other team wants him, is willing to take on his contract and give us something of value in return, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised. Feel free to do the old "I told you so" routine if that happens.

As far as working his ass off - wasn't he always the 2nd off the ice after Kessel at practice?

Mar 26, 2010
Going to be a long season and season's to come!

This is just a reflection of how bad this team really is.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Isn't it common knowledge that Kessel is thought to be nowhere near as good as he would be if all we looked at was point totals? I would have thought that experience would have taught people once and for all that there is more evaluation than point totals (no matter what position you play), I guess I was wrong.

No problem, you're of course entitled to do it your way. I'm pretty sure Babcok gets it, even if you don't.

Kadri is better than Bozak, he has been better than Bozak for years and should have got a shot at the #1C centre job 2 years ago. I hope this isn't what you mean by Bozak "bashing" - he's not responsible for coaching mistakes and I hope he does well.

Having said that, I do think he is overpaid. If he proves me wrong and some other team wants him, is willing to take on his contract and give us something of value in return, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised. Feel free to do the old "I told you so" routine if that happens.

As far as working his ass off - wasn't he always the 2nd off the ice after Kessel at practice?

They're hockey players, they're all over paid.

In terms of 'market value' I don't see Bozak @ 4.2 at this crazy unheard of amount. It may be slightly above market value, which is where almost all players who hit UFA status reach.

I also think Kadri's earned and lost the right to play the role so many times that Bozak pretty much being a model citizen gets overlooked because of the relationship with Kessel.

Bozak never asked or was signed to be the #1 C....it's just where he ended up because we literally had nobody better suited for the job.

Hell we still may not if Kadri can't handle it. But I think Kadri having a Bozak in front of him allowed him to make those mistakes and come back stronger from them because if Kadri makes those mistakes as the #1 C he's already moved at half the price and we're down another asset.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

We **** on him because he isn't very good and when you suck that's what happens

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

No he will because Babcock doesn't have a choice as of October 6. 2015 but that will change soon enough

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Agreed. He will have an overall good season, with a couple downs throughout that Babcock will straighten out.

If he can score 50-55 points be a 45% faceoff guy and have a plus minus close to par...i'll be thrilled.

I don't think he gets above 45

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
We **** on him because he isn't very good and when you suck that's what happens

23 goals and 49 points as an undrafted UFA while winning more then 50% of his faceoffs....yeah he's awful.

There's certainly much worse then him. Bozak is the least of our worries, honestly. He's an ideal top 9 forward who can play in the middle. Not exactly easy to find in the NHL.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

That's news to me.

All I've seen is a guy who shies away from going into the corners and battling for pucks, who is lazy on at backchecking, and who doesn't work to keep his man tied up in defensive zone coverage.

And reportedly he was usually one of the first two players off the ice after practice along with his bud Kessel.

Not buying this hard worker stuff at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad