Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

but Babcock trust Bozak more, look at the ice time:sarcasm:

goes to show you that Kadri critics have no knowledge on stuff

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
If everyone wants Bozak to be traded, trying to push him down to the third-line (as a few people have suggested) is not going to be to our advantage.

I'm hopeful that he and Lupul excel playing against a team's second D and that one of them has value at the deadline. If Bozak has a good year away from Kessel, teams wouldn't balk at the ~$4M salary he's making and we might actually get something decent.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm not getting my hopes up for this with Naz but I am excited to see what he can do with more minutes, even if they are against tougher opposition (team's first pairings, etc.)

This move is not unexpected and smart management move.

Kadri is on a 1-year deal and is gearing up to head into negotiations on a big $$ and long term deal this summer.

Leafs management needs to see Kadri in a situation where he is playing #1C with good linemates and the PP#1 and going up against the oppositions best defenders and centres in order to properly evaluate him and have ammunition in contract talks.

I see this as a Prove It !!! opportunity for Naz controlling his own destiny and future contract with the Leafs. If he excels as a #1C then his $$ demands will be supported statistically, and if he struggles then he might have to lower his salary expectations.

Kadri & Agent also know Leafs have 2 young developing C's in the organization in Nylander and Marner in the system and where Kadri fits in the big picture long-term is also being tested here.

Last edited:

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if Bozak will even hit 10 goals and 20 points this season without Kessel.

If Bozak gets 10 goals and 20 points away from Kessel, I think that would be a career year for him.

He'd prove all the haters wrong. :sarcasm:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yup, good luck Tyler.

Bozak needs to go. He isn't a part of this team's future as they will be good when he is in his 30's.

Kadri needs to go too as keeping him is too risky. Decision on him is a two parter; long term deal or a trade.

And that decision has to be made either by the trade deadline or the summer. A bridge would make him UFA.

Shame he pissed away his opportunity thus far but 6 months isn't enough time to determine if his turnaround is long lasting or short lived.... assuming there is a turn around.

Too risky.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Big year for Kadri to see where he fits big picture.

Ideal Future View by MLSE

XXXX -- Stamkos --- XXXX
XXXX -- Nylander/Marner -- XXXX

This season its Kadri battling Bozak for the #1C and #2C positions to see where they're positioned until the next wave of recruits arrive.

Many look at this simple as Kadri verses Bozak battle for #1, but its really potentially a much bigger long-term vision, with even a potential pipe dream outcome above tossed in that might include neither.

Maybe Leafs are trying to increase Kadri's trade value by giving him the best opportunity to put up points?.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

XXXX -- Stamkos --- XXXX

This season its Kadri battling Bozak for the #1C and #2C positions to see where they're positioned until the next wave of recruits arrive.

Many look at this simple as Kadri verses Bozak battle for #1, but its really potentially a much bigger long-term vision, with even a potential pipe dream outcome above tossed in that might include neither.

Maybe Leafs are trying to increase Kadri's trade value by giving him the best opportunity to put up points?.

Yep. I don't think he fits into the big picture at all. Max value for him and Bozak.

If Bozak gets #2 mins and assignments he may be able to shine. People know what Kadri is as a #2 or 3, so get the points and get what you can for him.

Debate on the players aside, I wonder if we actually have a #1 line. Really, isn't a lot to choose from.

All due respect to him but Boyes is the #1 winger on a 1 year PTO near the league minimum.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

XXXX -- Stamkos --- XXXX

Just because trade value would come up doesn't mean a trade is on the horizon, unless it was a direct package trade for Stamkos.

Don't be a Darren Dreger. ;)

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Kadri is gonna struggle hard going up against the best of the best on a nightly basis. I'd be surprised if he scored more than 50 points.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Kadri has been given stints on the first line before, so to see him there is no surprise. I am looking at what happens when the points dont come quickly.

Carlyle used to play Kadri with Kessel and they would puts up points. However, the one game where neither Kessel or Kadri score he immediately reverted back to Bozak-Kessel.

So if Kadri can remain on the first line for more than 10 consecutive games than I will actually believe that he is the Leafs #1C.

With that said, I think that with the supporting cast the Leafs have that which ever line Kadri is on will be considered the #1 line.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This should be a good season for Kadri.

Looking at 60+ points, and 19 minutes a night in all roles, PK, PP, ES, 3v3.

60 points would put him around 25th. for centers, should be reasonable.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Bozak needs to go. He isn't a part of this team's future as they will be good when he is in his 30's.

Kadri needs to go too as keeping him is too risky. Decision on him is a two parter; long term deal or a trade.

And that decision has to be made either by the trade deadline or the summer. A bridge would make him UFA.

Shame he pissed away his opportunity thus far but 6 months isn't enough time to determine if his turnaround is long lasting or short lived.... assuming there is a turn around.

Too risky.

Too risky? Luckily that's not your decision to make. Good thing too as you have an obvious bias against him.

No, it's the Leafs that pissed away the opportunity to find out what they had in Kadri by not giving him a chance as the #1 two years ago like they should have. Kadri hasn't pissed away anything, he's been playing pretty good hockey here. The fact that some people seem determined to put him down no matter what doesn't change that fact.

So happy Babcock's here. Having Bozak start the year as our #1 centre (again) would have been just as disappointing as it has been the last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad