Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Probably. I just know if the situations were reversed and Bozak was -4 through two games and Kadri was even certain posters would be using it as evidence he's not a top line center and "bozak suckz" and "awful defensively".

If you need more evidence that Bozak isn't a top line centre, you haven't been paying attention.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
If you need more evidence that Bozak isn't a top line centre, you haven't been paying attention.

I know he isn't, but neither is Kadri, and my point was Bozak would be getting roasted if he went -4 in these two games instead of Kadri. I doubt we'll hear a word about it though since it's the Leafs forum love child in Nazem Kadri.

Ultimately, I don't care much for either one of them. Neither is long for the team imo and neither is a top-6 center on a contender to me, so that makes both expendable in my eyes.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I know he isn't, but neither is Kadri, and my point was Bozak would be getting roasted if he went -4 in these two games instead of Kadri. I doubt we'll hear a word about it though since it's the Leafs forum love child in Nazem Kadri.

Ultimately, I don't care much for either one of them. Neither is long for the team imo and neither is a top-6 center on a contender to me, so that makes both expendable in my eyes.

The Leafs roster is filled with depth players.

I don't think anyone honestly believe Bozak or Kadri look like 1st. line centers.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
You guys are all absolutely insane, arguing about which midget is taller.

Neither of them are good but Kadri clearly has way more talent than Bozak, even though he can't string together more than 2 shifts utilizing his talent.

No team will ever win anything with Bozak in the top 6.

No team will ever win anything with Kadri in the top 6.

I could see a team winning with Kadri in the top 9 though, maybe Bozak as the water boy.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
It's funny that we're 4 coaches in and they've all come to the conclusion that Bozak is a better fit for the top line, minute-eating role than Kadri is.

These must be a bunch of absolute idiots to all think along the same lines!

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
It's funny that we're 4 coaches in and they've all come to the conclusion that Bozak is a better fit for the top line, minute-eating role than Kadri is.

Maybe fire them all.:laugh:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

At the moment Babcock isn't an idiot like previous coaches. The narrative is that it's all part of his diabolical plan to build up Bozak's trade value.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

Or both aren't worthy but you don't want to ice a #1 line without a center so you throw somebody there?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Or both aren't worthy but you don't want to ice a #1 line without a center so you throw somebody there?

Of course neither is worthy of a #1 spot. But one doesn't make changes for the sake of making changes and Babcock had Kadri as his #1 guy and seems to be changing his mind already.

That speaks for itself.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

The top line isn't a minute eating role.

Bottom line, kadri and bozak are both second liners forced to play on the first line because we have no one better. Not having a bonafide conventional number one centre isn't why this team is losing though.

You should be able to win with a well balanced lineup, but we don't have that either. Too much emphasis is going on who's a clear cut number one. They are both just the centres to their respecive teams. We don't have any first liners arguably, let alone centres.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Of course neither is worthy of a #1 spot. But one doesn't make changes for the sake of making changes and Babcock had Kadri as his #1 guy and seems to be changing his mind already.

That speaks for itself.

I don't know, I think a team that has been outscored 1-7 in 2 games certainly makes changes regardless of who is in the line up.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Hope Kadri weathers the storm and comes out a better player for it, think he can be a real good 2c moving forward (high hope for one of Nylander/Marner to seize the throne).

Have to admit I wasn't paying as much discussion through the 2nd/3rd (whiskey and family election talk) but I liked the Kadri that showed up in the first. Was driving play, hard on the back check, hard on the forcheck, physical. I think he can be a very valuable and versatile forward. Even the Larkin goal that people are trying to pin on him... Yeah Larkin "blew by"..
... Outside the dot where was met by the d and left with no passing lane and sniped on a low percentage bad angle shot.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Well, two of those coaches have been fired and are no longer employed in the NHL.

Ifor Babcock, I'd suggest we wait a bit longer than two games before we determine what Bacock's preferences are, especially when it comes to which centre he prefers.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Even though Kadri's line did really well 1st game? (Like over 60 CF% for the whole line, as opposed to Bozak's 40 CF% that game)

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I feel like a lot of Leaf fans don't watch other teams consistently enough to see how their top players play night in and out. We obviously know Kadri isn't on Tavares or other elite players levels, but even those elites have several terrible shifts and have wingers rotate in and out. We as hardcore Leafs fans, only watch the 'highlights' of these star players and then expect Leaf players to produce the same highlight reel every shift.

As far as a I see it right now, Kadri succeeded in impressing as the 1C 1st game but failed to look good in the 2nd game.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
hes looked good this year, kadri is a very good nhl player...not that legit 1C but hes still very good

and hes young, and will be part of the future with jvr, nylander, marner, and hopefully kapanen, brown, and guys like hyman and gauthier

its difficult to judge any player, may it be a forward, D, or goalie this year cus the team as a whole really sucks and lacks talent

Admiring Myself

Jul 21, 2015
slightly above average 2c that some homers on this board think is worth a 6x6 contract. reminiscent of burke era overpaying decent players cause we have no one better.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He's a good 2c that's forced to playing 1c on one of the worst teams in the league.

The -4 stat, I blame it on bernier, he's utter garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad