Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
In all seriousness, I was speaking for both threads. There's maybe 1 or 2 overly optimistic Kadri supporters that make outlandish comments. Same goes for Bozak, and pretty much every player on HF.

Most of the Bozak criticism has been fair though, from what I've seen.
There is nothing fair or rational about the other thread.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
We are going in circles. Let's just leave it as is.

See Bozak thread. Issues my friend. Issues.
Last post on this I promise.

Pointing out what Bozak does right is perfectly ok. As is pointing out what Nazem does wrong. This isnt a high school turf war here. I love both players. I think both bring great things to the team. I dont often have to point it out with Nazem because many already have. Bozak on the other hand never seems to get any credit and is often on the other end of the irrational LN hatred spectrum therefor i (and others) often need to point out when it goes overboard.
If you cant see how irrational the comments on Bozak are and how insanely defensive some are of Kadri (Gardiner/ Rielly/ Bernier), I have nothing further to discuss. Back to the Jays boards I go.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
See Bozak thread. Issues my friend. Issues.
Last post on this I promise.

Pointing out what Bozak does right is perfectly ok. As is pointing out what Nazem does wrong. This isnt a high school turf war here. I love both players. I think both bring great things to the team. I dont often have to point it out with Nazem because many already have. Bozak on the other hand never seems to get any credit and is often on the other end of the irrational LN hatred spectrum therefor i (and others) often need to point out when it goes overboard.
If you cant see how irrational the comments on Bozak are and how insanely defensive some are of Kadri (Gardiner/ Rielly/ Bernier), I have nothing further to discuss. Back to the Jays boards I go.

What you mean. Many point out when Bozak has a good game, myself included. And I point out when Kadri has screwed up, like I made mention of his mistakes last game. The simple fact is that Bozak did not have a good game, as I'm sure Kadri will soon enough have a bad game. And guess what, I'll say the same thing for him as I did for Bozak tonight. No point trying to paint over a bad game when everyone can see it. Hopefully the next game goes better.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bozak seemed like the one player who just couldn't keep up/understand the new system. The possession numbers are staggering.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
i wanna see kadri with marner next year, or kadri with nylander would be sick too...maybe later in year we can see some kadri and nylander games

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I can't believe you're including that Kadri lost a face-off that "led to a goal against". It was a highly contested face-off, and our net was empty. Furthermore, Montreal executed an impressive set-play, performed by the two best skaters on their team, to execute it. It's not his fault. At all.

In any other situation, that goal doesn't get scored. It's absurd to consider that as a negative on his night. Sad part is, all of the negatives you mentioned include that empty-netter as a factor.

You didn't read it did you?

Typing out all those facts and observations and "he lost a key draw that led to a goal scored against" is the one you focus on.

Can't change what happened.

There are quite a few positives. I get the sense this is like the Censor board.

Some go through posts, whizzing over the positive, searching for the negatives and trying to ban any discussion around that so as to keep their preferred and impossible to attain storyline going.

I can't change the fact that he lost a draw at a key moment in the game. It happened. We all saw it happen. It was an observation on his game just like the observation and fact that despite that he was the best leaf on face offs that night.

Not sure what you want from us here? A completely censored opinion on the player that includes no observations that refute a theory of perfection?

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
You didn't read it did you?

Typing out all those facts and observations and "he lost a key draw that led to a goal scored against" is the one you focus on.

Can't change what happened.

There are quite a few positives. I get the sense this is like the Censor board.

Some go through posts, whizzing over the positive, searching for the negatives and trying to ban any discussion around that so as to keep their preferred and impossible to attain storyline going.

I can't change the fact that he lost a draw at a key moment in the game. It happened. We all saw it happen. It was an observation on his game just like the observation and fact that despite that he was the best leaf on face offs that night.

Not sure what you want from us here? A completely censored opinion on the player that includes no observations that refute a theory of perfection?

I did read it. I happen to think that blaming a player for losing a highly contested draw that occurred prior to an empty net goal 200 feet away makes no sense whatsoever. The idea of blaming any player for a single lost face-off is ridiculous.

I flipped a coin and it came up heads. It must be Kadri's fault that it didn't come up tails.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I did read it. I happen to think that blaming a player for losing a highly contested draw that occurred prior to an empty net goal 200 feet away makes no sense whatsoever. The idea of blaming any player for a single lost face-off is ridiculous.

I flipped a coin and it came up heads. It must be Kadri's fault that it didn't come up tails.

Obviously its Kadri's fault for the goal.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Agreed. Even the best face-off men in the business lose close to half of the face-offs they take. Blaming the guy for the goal (especially an empty net goal) is so ridiculous, anyone suggesting that obviously has an agenda.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Especially since faceoff wins are almost a coin toss.

He was over 50% on the draw and he drew more penalties than he took.

It's hard to fault him in these areas.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Agreed. Even the best face-off men in the business lose close to half of the face-offs they take. Blaming the guy for the goal (especially an empty net goal) is so ridiculous, anyone suggesting that obviously has an agenda.

And what agenda would that be Gary?

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Kadri had a great game against the habs, hope to see him continue such a pace.... I am not a huge Kadri fan, but if he works like that, I am open to change.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Faceoffs are one on one battle, if a player loses the battle how can he not be responsible? Flipping a coin is a luck of the draw, winning face offs is a skill of the draw.

The good thing is Babcock trusted Kadri to take the draw in the first place, even though Kadri lost it can still be a positive down the road. Kadri is the type of guy who will take that loss and learn how to be better next time.

Last edited:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
We're gonna have a lot of minus players this year.

Probably. I just know if the situations were reversed and Bozak was -4 through two games and Kadri was even certain posters would be using it as evidence he's not a top line center and "bozak suckz" and "awful defensively".

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Selke defense amiright?

CleverFrayedArchaeopteryx.gif

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
That isn't all on Kadri.

Certainly, he can't skate with someone like Larkin, but Bernier is just in over his head.

It's always a good play to have your back facing the guy skating up the wing with the puck.Must be Babs new system.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
That isn't all on Kadri.

Certainly, he can't skate with someone like Larkin, but Bernier is just in over his head.

The continuing Bozak vs. Kadri debate is just like the Bernier vs. Reimer debate.
Yes 2 are more skilled than the other 2, but none of them are consistent or "the guys".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad