Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am not going to do any comparison but he was our best forward last - the line that created more offensive chances (thanks to Naz), spent more time in the offensive zone unlike our 2nd line, 54% on faceoff, responsible in defensive zone

Good overall performance by our 1st line especially our center

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Very good game by Naz, if he brings that effort every night, he's going to have his best season as a Leaf.

I've noticed a slight improvement in his skating this year, he looks a little faster.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kadri is a machine at drawing penalties- hopefully JVR will be able to capitalize on such opportunities as Kessel did.

That Bozak line is just a possession black hole - there was absolutely nothing to like about them defensively.

I strongly suspect Bozak is getting a fair amount of icetime to be showcased on the trade market - we already know management tried to offload him for a pick at the previous draft.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Kadri is a machine at drawing penalties- hopefully JVR will be able to capitalize on such opportunities as Kessel did.

That Bozak line is just a possession black hole - there was absolutely nothing to like about them defensively.

I strongly suspect Bozak is getting a fair amount of icetime to be showcased on the trade market - we already know management tried to offload him for a pick at the previous draft.

How about "0" goals against from the Habs top line when facing the Bozak line.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
How about "0" goals against from the Habs top line when facing the Bozak line.

Luck. Bernier made some huge saves to keep it that way.

The Bozak line got dominated, Bozak and Lupul especially. They did not perform well. If they perform exactly as they did last night all season, they will collectively have an awful season. You can't get out-possessed that badly.

But it's only one game. I'll give them at least 10 or 15 before passing judgment. I just don't agree that the line had a "good" game just because they didn't get scored on.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Bozak line has to take some of the blame for the first goal. Gave up the puck, half effort getting it back, than goes for a sloppy line change. By the time Kadri's is on the ice its to late. Kadri has zero blame for that goal as he was just coming over the boards. Watch here.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2015020001-17-h

Who's blaming anyone?I merely stated the line had "0" GA.A good stat considering that getting the goals against lower is what this team has needed to do for years.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
0 goals against doesn't cut it I guess if they can't win the game of Keep Away. Does Possession count as the tie breaker in this league?

Funny though, with Bozak clearly having such an awful awful showing… he and his line getting tapped on the shoulder for those 19 minutes. Babcock must be blind or something.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
It happens all the time with all teams and players.I might have even seen Mr.Kadri doing once or twice himself last season.it's a standard line change after a shift in the "O" zone.Getting fresh legs on for a "D" zone stand.

:facepalm: It was passed off how great it was that Bozak had "0" GA last night while hiding the fact he had shared responsibility for the goal. Than it was used as a negative against Kadri, as if he had blame for the goal. See the hypocrisy displayed? :shakehead

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It happens all the time with all teams and players.I might have even seen Mr.Kadri doing once or twice himself last season.it's a standard line change after a shift in the "O" zone.Getting fresh legs on for a "D" zone stand.

I hate to agree with you but you're right. I recall two instances last year where Kadri got off the ice just in time before a goal, giving Bozak a minus and keeping himself even.

Of course this is one of the reasons why +/- when isolated to one game is useless. It wasn't Bozak's fault back then and it wasn't Kadri's against the Habs.

Last edited:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
0 goals against doesn't cut it I guess if they can't win the game of Keep Away. Does Possession count as the tie breaker in this league?

Funny though, with Bozak clearly having such an awful awful showing… he and his line getting tapped on the shoulder for those 19 minutes. Babcock must be blind or something.

The shifts were 26 to 25. I know monstrous difference there. Never ends. Again trying to hide Bozak's part of blame for the goal.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I hate to agree with you but you're right. I recall two instances last year where Kadri got have the ice just in time before a goal, giving Bozak a minus and keeping himself even.

Of course this is one of the reasons why +/- when isolated to one game is useless. It wasn't Bozak's fault back then and it wasn't Kadri's against the Habs.

That is why +- is not a good stat to go by alone. It does not tell the story of what happened. +- is way to misleading. I believe Fraser lead all defenseman in +- a couple years ago. I'll let that sink in.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The shifts were 26 to 25. I know monstrous difference there. Never ends. Again trying to hide Bozak's part of blame for the goal.

Are you still going on about this goal?

And shifts? Really? That's what you are on about now? And here I thought you were a stats guy.

Here, check this out from JustAShadow and then we can chat about shifts:

Quality of Competition:

Bozak's line's 5on5 Time on Ice against all of Pacioretty, Plekanac, Gallagher, Subban and Markov* was over 11 minutes each (also for Phaneuf and Hunwick). The rest of the Leafs' other 3 lines (and defense pairings) was around 3 minutes in total for all 3 lines - edit - against Montreal's number 1 forward line. Bozak's line had its hands full.

Link: http://war-on-ice.com/game1.html?seasongcode=2015201620001

* 5 of Montreal's top 6 scorers last season

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
That is why +- is not a good stat to go by alone. It does not tell the story of what happened. +- is way to misleading. I believe Fraser lead all defenseman in +- a couple years ago. I'll let that sink in.

Nicklas Lidstrom once won a Norris after going -2.

And shifts? Really? That's what you are on about now? And here I thought you were a stats guy

You don't get to call people out on their stats usage after using +/- just a few pages earlier.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

And shifts? Really? That's what you are on about now? And here I thought you were a stats guy.

Here, check this out from JustAShadow and then we can chat about shifts:

You bring something up, than I respond to what you are talking about, and you say "That's what you are talking about now". What? :huh: That is how conversations work, a continuation of the subject being discussed. Like talking to a wall.

Nicklas Lidstrom once won a Norris after going -2.

Yup another example of how flawed this state is.

You don't get to call people out on their stats usage after using +/- just a few pages earlier.

Only acceptable when used by that poster. Anybody else uses stats, than no good.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
What? Huh? Did you not understand what I said?

Calling someone out for his usage of shifts totals just pages after trying to pass off +/- in an argument is just flat-out hypocritical.

I'm not calling him out for his use of shifts, I'm adding to the conversation by highlighting what another poster had to contribute by showing the quality of competition faced during those shifts.

Now, if you'd care to comment on that we can continue this conversation.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You bring something up, than I respond to what you are talking about, and you say "That's what you are talking about now". What? :huh: That is how conversations work, a continuation of the subject being discussed. Like talking to a wall.

I know right? Like talking to a wall exactly.

I don't know how or even why you are worried about the goals that Kadri was on the ice for. He had a positive contribution with a face off win that contributed to a goal and a negative contribution with a face off loss that lead to a goal against.

Done. What's left to debate?

If we want to now debate shifts… including that 0:03 second one you are counting for Kadri, check out that post from JustAShadow and we can have a go at that if you want.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I know right? Like talking to a wall exactly.

I don't know how or even why you are worried about the goals that Kadri was on the ice for. He had a positive contribution with a face off win that contributed to a goal and a negative contribution with a face off loss that lead to a goal against.

Done. What's left to debate?

Back and forth. Pointless to argue with someone who plays both sides of the same argument, looking to just get a rise out of people.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Respectfully, what's back and forth?

Not worth the time. Can't talk with someone who is looking for drama and plays both sides of arguments. Go try it with someone else. There are enough good posters on here to discuss things with. Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad