Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
It's not ALL his fault. But his loss on the draw contributed to the goal.

Just as his WIN on the power play draw led to the Leafs goal. He didn't score it but he contributed to it.

Good and bad… just say it with me… it is conceivable

Yeah, clearly just saying "I'm not saying he has no faults" when you go on the attack for any and all criticism of the player shows that you aren't 100% biased in any way.

Fact is, all of the current centers on this team are garbage and they all need to go ASAP.

Not sure how I can make this any more clear. I've said multiple times now that he has part blame in the goal. Again he has part blame in the goal. But the goal is not just his fault. Lots of things happened on the play involving many players. He played a great game tonight. Why the focus on this play is happening shows a biased against him in picking straws to discredit him. We are talking about an empty net goal. I hope Kadri continues to play like this. If so he is in for a really good season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not his biggest fan but credit where credit is due Kadri looked good tonight but can he keep that up

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Not sure how I can make this any more clear. I've said multiple times now that he has part blame in the goal. Again he has part blame in the goal. But the goal is not just his fault. Lots of things happened on the play involving many players. He played a great game tonight. Why the focus on this play is happening shows a biased against him in picking straws to discredit him. We are talking about an empty net goal. I hope Kadri continues to play like this. If so he is in for a really good season.

It does not show a bias against him in the slightest. Throughout the entire game (the entire last season and beyond) people, yourself included, tore Bozak apart for everything. This is no different. One is apparently acceptable, one is not. Kadri, imo and others, did NOT play a great game. He had a lot of good points, but also many bad points. He took a stupid penalty, caused an offside, lost too many important face offs etc, etc.

I will say he was one of our better players, but nowhere close to great when he contributed nothing and was on for 2.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone that watched Kadri play a excellent game should just not respond to the nonsense by some posters. They do it to get attention I'm pretty sure.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Leafs lost, no point pointing the finger of whose to blame. If anything, What if JB didn't let in that first goal, or Boyes and Holland actually scored on those two chances on Price, or what if JB didn't make that save in the third period and the list goes on and on.

What I am trying to say is that, Kadri and the Leafs as a team played much better than most expected. The defence were much more organised than last few seasons, forwards did more back checking than ever, more shots on goal, more time in the offensive ends, PK and PP were solid. The only thing I didn't like was the score.
Honestly, this is pretty much the best case for me, the team competed, the younger guys improved their play and the vets did well, and lastly, Lupul stays healthy, Leafs didn't get a point. What's more can you ask in a year where we all want the Leafs to have the best odds for Matthews.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
It does not show a bias against him in the slightest. Throughout the entire game (the entire last season and beyond) people, yourself included, tore Bozak apart for everything. This is no different. One is apparently acceptable, one is not. Kadri, imo and others, did NOT play a great game. He had a lot of good points, but also many bad points. He took a stupid penalty, caused an offside, lost too many important face offs etc, etc.

I will say he was one of our better players, but nowhere close to great when he contributed nothing and was on for 2.

Yup. No bias at all. Just ignore that...

- he basically scored our only goal (I suppose you could give credit to JVR for standing there, in which case, he set-up the only goal), and point to his +/- which includes an empty netter, and a goal scored after a bad change by another line.

- Ignore that he drew a penalty.

- Ignore that he won a few key faceoffs, including one that produced a goal, during which the goalie was actually on the ice.

I don't think he played great. That may be laying it on thick. I thought he was very good. Probably our best forward overall.

But please spare us your contradictions. I honestly don't think your post could be more biased against him. It's comical.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

... He contributed by assisting on the Leafs only goal, off a won faceoff by him no less.

Some of these criticisms are dumb. He caused an offside? Wow, how many players don't do that every now and again? He took a penalty but drew one as well.

Don't just say "etc" if there were many bad points. Put your money where your mouth is and list them.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Anyone that watched Kadri play a excellent game should just not respond to the nonsense by some posters. They do it to get attention I'm pretty sure.

Think you're right on this. Their arguments don't even make sense. Not worth it. Every analyst and every poster except the usual Kadri bashers have said that he had a really good game.
Way to go Kadri, keep showing them how its done :yo:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
... He contributed by assisting on the Leafs only goal, off a won faceoff by him no less.

Some of these criticisms are dumb. He caused an offside? Wow, how many players don't do that every now and again? He took a penalty but drew one as well.

Don't just say "etc" if there were many bad points. Put your money where your mouth is and list them.

Well said, some fans just want to be negative.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Unfortunately, same here. Plus, I really don't care anymore. I'll just keep shaking my head in the background as people anoint this guy the savior of the Leafs... even though I think there's a good chance he's gone in a year or so. I'll just shake my head in the background and wonder why Leaf fans are so desperate to have a top 10 pick work out that they'll ignore any and all deficiencies in said pick's game.

That is some strong hyperbole and strawman-ing right there. Maybe you're shaking your head because of all the fallacies you're committing.

Like Christ yes, he lost the faceoff, but considering he was over 50% on the draw tonight I'd consider it an improvement considering faceoffs have been a favourite talking point for his detractors.

He lost it and granted it was a big one, but there are other points where you can point and isolate an incident and say "that player lost us the game." Berniers horrific first goal against, Spaling and Holland missing glorious chances.

Frankly, if this is the only real incident where people can point to and say he had a bad game, that just tells me he was good at everything else on the night.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Did not see the whole game, saw parts of it this morning (in Sweden) but Kadri looked good. At least showed signs of realising this is his one shot or one opportunity to seize everything he ever wanted in one moment... :)

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
His skating has really improved. It's impressive to see that from the offseason work. Doesn't look like he's chugging to get going any longer.

He also didn't try to do anything flashy. Looks like he's maturing and taking seriously his coach's admonishment to use his wingers.

A really good and responsible game.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He’s got to get better defensively so he plays more time on offence. His first period was a little loose in that area.

Last edited:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
And ended -2 on the night… well JVR was -1… Boyes and Kadri -2

Assist for Kadri though and really good on face-offs…

Phanuef allowed himself to be danced around again and Bernier whiffed on the first shot of the season!

Empty netter is empty netter.

Why is +/- still a debate here?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I thought Kadri was out best forward last night by far. Seems as though we had a scoring chance every time he was on the ice.

Very much so. Played an excellent game, not perfect but no player is.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Phanuef allowed himself to be danced around again and Bernier whiffed on the first shot of the season!

Empty netter is empty netter.

Why is +/- still a debate here?

Did Bernier make any good saves while the #1 line was on? Stop any chances?

The plus minus thing isn't a debate as far as I'm concerned. It's a fact.

Dismiss or accept it as relevant. Your call.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Did Bernier make any good saves while the #1 line was on? Stop any chances?

The plus minus thing isn't a debate as far as I'm concerned. It's a fact.

Dismiss or accept it as relevant. Your call.

Kadri 63% CF%. Bozak 39% CF%.

Who allowed more scoring chances?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri 63% CF%. Bozak 39% CF%.

Who allowed more scoring chances?

Based on that? Probably Bozak allowed more.

Based on ice time and who he played against, who had the stronger game defensively in the eyes of the coach? Probably Bozak.

Kadri had a good game but had some work to do as well. Not sure how else I can say that without offending the narrative of perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad