Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm a neither supporter.

What I find funny is the idea that 43 is better than 42. That's fine. But Now 43 will have his chance. Yet the sandbagging goes that we shouldn't expect more from him.

Not even more than what Bozak did but what's really strange is that we shouldn't expect any more than he himself did 2 years ago with less ice time and inferior line mates.

I am sure someone will claim we never had the debate about Kadri's line mates... Winnik, Santorelli, etc. But we did.

Some have admirably taken a stand and said he should be expected to be better. Produce more.

I am sure Babcock wasn't thinking about Kadri's production from 2 years ago when he said he expects more out of him. Pretty sure he meant more... More than a 2C did with less time.

Some of his backers wanted this opportunity for him. He's got it and now they are selling lowered expectations and/or excuses.

Is that why you predicted 45 points for Kadri and what, 30-35 for Bozak was it?

You're funny. :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri's line looked great tonight. Had a ton of chances and controlled the majority of the play. :handclap:

And ended -2 on the night… well JVR was -1… Boyes and Kadri -2

Assist for Kadri though and really good on face-offs…

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Did you read the "that's fine" part?

Who am I kidding… never mind, I know the answer.

Sure I read it. A sentence consisting of two words, it wasn't difficult.

And your point is?

Who am I kidding… never mind, I know the answer. :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Sure I read it. A sentence consisting of two words, it wasn't difficult.

And your point is?

Who am I kidding… never mind, I know the answer. :laugh:

The Cliff's Notes version is that the funny part is the sandbagging.

I can draw a map next time.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
And ended -2 on the night… well JVR was -1… Boyes and Kadri -2

Assist for Kadri though and really good on face-offs…

:laugh: Let's ignore the fact one was an empty net goal and the other one Bozak line gives away the puck than Bernier lets in a stinker. Way to mislead the facts. Everything in context. One of the many reasons why +/- should be taken with a grain of salt.
Would you not agree that they were our best line tonight?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
:laugh: Let's ignore the fact one was an empty net goal

… well speaking of facts and ignoring... he lost the draw in their zone that directly led to the goal with under a minute to play.

Didn't mention that as I thought he was strong on the face off for the most part which is an improvement.

I honestly liked the Spaling line the best of the bunch tonight. Surprised at the end to see that Bozak led the Centres in Ice Time and Lupul led the forwards.

I don't think we really have a #1 line. It will be who is going the best on the night.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
… well speaking of facts and ignoring... he lost the draw in their zone that directly led to the goal with under a minute to play.

Didn't mention that as I thought he was strong on the face off for the most part which is an improvement.

I honestly like the Spaling line the best of the bunch. Surprised at the end to see that Bozak led the Centres in Ice Time and Lupul led the forwards.

I don't think we really have a #1 line. It will be who is going the best on the night.

It was a scrambled draw where the Montreal player ended up getting it. Thats what your going off of? Really reaching there.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It was a scrambled draw where the Montreal player ended up getting it. Thats what your going off of? Really reaching there.

I see, goals scored when he's on aren't going to be partly his fault?

Sure the draw was scrambled. He went on with under a minute to play. One goal game. Draw in their zone. Rested after a time out. He didn't win it clean. He opted for that strategy. And lost. And they scored.

Seems pretty factual there doesn't it?

Not sure what you are worrying about. There wasn't going to be a long term contract offer tabled (or taken off the table) based on the results here.

He skated well, improved his face offs and as Babcock says, he's a work in progress.

Take the positives and run. He had an assist didn't he?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
:laugh: Let's ignore the fact one was an empty net goal and the other one Bozak line gives away the puck than Bernier lets in a stinker. Way to mislead the facts. Everything in context. One of the many reasons why +/- should be taken with a grain of salt.

You'd think a Bozak booster wouldn't want to hang his hat on the +- stat but you never know how some people's minds work.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

Sure the draw was scrambled. He went on with under a minute to play. One goal game. Draw in their zone. Rested after a time out. He didn't win it clean. He opted for that strategy. And lost. And they scored.

Seems pretty factual there doesn't it?

Not sure what you are worrying about. There wasn't going to be a long term contract offer tabled (or taken off the table) based on the results here.

He skated well, improved his face offs and as Babcock says, he's a work in progress.

Take the positives and run. He had an assist didn't he?

Not saying he has no fault, but come on. An empty net goal is not the same as a regular goal with a goalie in. That is what I was getting at. Not all goals are the same, one of the many problems shown with the +- stat. Why using it by itself to evaluate a player is silly.

member 147413

Personal attacks all throughout this thread

10/10 Would read again :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Not saying he has no fault, but come on. An empty net goal is not the same as a regular goal with a goalie in. That is what I was getting at. Not all goals are the same, one of the many problems shown with the +- stat. Why using it by itself to evaluate a player is silly.

Being selective with your pros for this player is what amuses me.

He lost a key draw. It's unfortunate. It led to a goal and most importantly took away a chance for the Leafs to tie the game.

You seem to dismiss that altogether as luck and dismiss the resulting goal as an empty netter and not the same as a regular goal… even though it effectively ended the game.

Yet, what would you say if he won the draw and the Leafs tied the game? A key contributor to the hypothetical goal, with a +1 and maybe even a point too.

--

IMO, despite his failure to win a key draw… he also played pretty decent through the game. Improved his face offs overall and showed hustle.

There's good and room for improvement. I'd still keep looking for a 1C.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

You're doing it wrong. To be a follower of the Church of Nazem, you have to remember that nothing is ever Kadri's fault. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

He lost the draw, but it's actually the rest of the players who are at fault for not bailing him out. The goal was a broken play, but the followers will claim he planned the whole thing.

Just remember, Kadri is perfect. Therefore, it has to be someone else's fault. If it's no one on the ice, it's one of the other centers (99% of the time Tyler Bozak, but Peter Holland takes blame sometimes, and I fully expect blaming of Spaling coming as the season wears on).

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Being selective with your pros for this player is what amuses me.

He lost a key draw. It's unfortunate. It led to a goal and most importantly took away a chance for the Leafs to tie the game.

You seem to dismiss that altogether as luck and dismiss the resulting goal as an empty netter and not the same as a regular goal… even though it effectively ended the game.

Yet, what would you say if he won the draw and the Leafs tied the game? A key contributor to the hypothetical goal, with a +1 and maybe even a point too.

--

IMO, despite his failure to win a key draw… he also played pretty decent through the game. Improved his face offs overall and showed hustle.

There's good and room for improvement. I'd still keep looking for a 1C.

Read above. I said he has part fault in it, but to try to slam him for that goal is just silly. It was a scrambled draw, Montreal player ended up getting it. Boyes missed the puck, the Montreal defenseman passed it down were our two defenseman left Pacioretty wide open to shoot it in an EMPTY NET. He has part fault in it but to say that goal is Kadri's fault is ridiculous. Lots of things happened. He had a really good game, and now we are just grasping at straws to find fault.
Not sure why its so hard for people to say well done when someone has a good game. Doesn't make a person any less of a man/woman to do so. Can't believe this conversation is even happening.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
You're doing it wrong. To be a follower of the Church of Nazem, you have to remember that nothing is ever Kadri's fault. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

He lost the draw, but it's actually the rest of the players who are at fault for not bailing him out. The goal was a broken play, but the followers will claim he planned the whole thing.

Just remember, Kadri is perfect. Therefore, it has to be someone else's fault. If it's no one on the ice, it's one of the other centers (99% of the time Tyler Bozak, but Peter Holland takes blame sometimes, and I fully expect blaming of Spaling coming as the season wears on).

Read my post above. :shakehead

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Read above. I said he has part fault in it, but to try to slam him for that goal is just silly. It was a scrambled draw, Montreal player ended up getting it. Boyes missed the puck, the Montreal defenseman passed it down were our two defenseman left Pacioretty wide open to shoot it in an EMPTY NET. He has part fault in it but to say that goal is Kadri's fault is ridiculous.

It's not ALL his fault. But his loss on the draw contributed to the goal.

Just as his WIN on the power play draw led to the Leafs goal. He didn't score it but he contributed to it.

Good and bad… just say it with me… it is conceivable

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Read my post above. :shakehead

Yeah, clearly just saying "I'm not saying he has no faults" when you go on the attack for any and all criticism of the player shows that you aren't 100% biased in any way.

Fact is, all of the current centers on this team are garbage and they all need to go ASAP.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

;) I'm going to pass the torch to you. Time for sleep

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
;) I'm going to pass the torch to you. Time for sleep

Unfortunately, same here. Plus, I really don't care anymore. I'll just keep shaking my head in the background as people anoint this guy the savior of the Leafs... even though I think there's a good chance he's gone in a year or so. I'll just shake my head in the background and wonder why Leaf fans are so desperate to have a top 10 pick work out that they'll ignore any and all deficiencies in said pick's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad