Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
That's fine. I too think he is a 2C. We still need to keep searching for a 1C.

Let me ask you this. JVR got a bump playing with Kessel. That's fine. Shouldn't we assume though that if some of these Kadri stats guys are correct, that JVR-Kadri will be better for JVR than JVR-Bozak?

People focus on Boyes-Kessel but if Kadri really is the better Centre, then that isn't a full step backwards.

Just seems like some are lining up the excuses before the season begins. Maybe not you… but pick a theory and go with it.

Better player, more ice time, more opportunity, better attitude… 60 should be a target if all these things are true.

Sort of a like when a sales manager comes to me asking for resources. So you give them resources based on the potential that they say they can go out and get. A few weeks later, you give them a target commensurate with the investment and the opportunity and they give you every reason under the sun why he doesn't think he can make his number.

WTF @ Bolded

Are you forgetting who happens to be on the right wing.

JVR-Bozak happened to have had our leading scorer for 6 years on the other wing.

JVR-Kadri happens to have a PTO washed up old player on the other wing.

What games are you trying to play here? You've pretty much tried every rabbit hole possible to berate Kadri.

Nobody's calling him a #1C. Nobody's predicting he's a lock for 60+ points. Nobody's even calling him a future lock for our top-6. You misrepresent everybody's argument and twist it into something that's easier to refute rather than addressing it directly.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
The Kadri detractors are out in full force now that their boy Bozak is out. :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Nobody's calling him a #1C. Nobody's predicting he's a lock for 60+ points. Nobody's even calling him a future lock for our top-6. You misrepresent everybody's argument and twist it into something that's easier to refute rather than addressing it directly.

No one?

So there weren't multiple Kadri threads over the summer, stats presented, fan boys vs haters as it was called and not one person proclaimed him to be a 1C in the NHL?

Okay then.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
WTF @ Bolded

Are you forgetting who happens to be on the right wing.

JVR-Bozak happened to have had our leading scorer for 6 years on the other wing.

JVR-Kadri happens to have a PTO washed up old player on the other wing.

What games are you trying to play here? You've pretty much tried every rabbit hole possible to berate Kadri.

If nobody is calling him that or saying hes a lock for 60 plus, whats the argument?
What has you so up in arms then?

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I find it amazing that the Bozak supporters have now raised the bar on what a 1c should produce, now that Bozak is no longer in that role.

Moving the goalposts, at its finest.

I'm most excited to see Bozak off the 1st PP unit. He was awful on it.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I find it amazing that the Bozak supporters have now raised the bar on what a 1c should produce, now that Bozak is no longer in that role.

The Bozak 'supporters' are applying the same standards to Kadri that the Bozak detractors have used again him for years.
Apparently those rules dont apply to Nazem though.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

I'm a neither supporter.

What I find funny is the idea that 43 is better than 42. That's fine. But Now 43 will have his chance. Yet the sandbagging goes that we shouldn't expect more from him.

Not even more than what Bozak did but what's really strange is that we shouldn't expect any more than he himself did 2 years ago with less ice time and inferior line mates.

I am sure someone will claim we never had the debate about Kadri's line mates... Winnik, Santorelli, etc. But we did.

Some have admirably taken a stand and said he should be expected to be better. Produce more.

I am sure Babcock wasn't thinking about Kadri's production from 2 years ago when he said he expects more out of him. Pretty sure he meant more... More than a 2C did with less time.

Some of his backers wanted this opportunity for him. He's got it and now they are selling lowered expectations and/or excuses.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
It will always be #43's line mates fault.Unless of course he succeeds then it will be all his fault.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It will always be #43's line mates fault.Unless of course he succeeds then it will be all his fault.

You need to stop being purposely obtuse. That argument is only used when people point out Bozak's numbers in comparison to Kadri.

Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that Bozak playing with JVR and Kessel and Kadri with whomever hasn't had an affect on their point totals? Or the fact that Bozak has gotten more powerplay time?

Even ignoring that it's these two specific players, if it were two random guys from another team the answer would be the same.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
You need to stop being purposely obtuse. That argument is only used when people point out Bozak's numbers in comparison to Kadri.

Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that Bozak playing with JVR and Kessel and Kadri with whomever hasn't had an affect on their point totals? Or the fact that Bozak has gotten more powerplay time?

Even ignoring that it's these two specific players, if it were two random guys from another team the answer would be the same.

Of course Bozak's numbers are better and Kadri's worse given their linemates and opportunity.The thing is that some posters are already playing the less than perfect linemate card to make excuses for Naz before the season even starts.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Of course Bozak's numbers are better and Kadri's worse given their linemates and opportunity.The thing is that some posters are already playing the less than perfect linemate card to make excuses for Naz before the season even starts.
Excuses being his best full-season to date and better numbers than Bozak has ever put up?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

These are the same people who think Kessel playing with Crabb vs Seguin with Benn is even stevens.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
So far Bozak has more toi and took opening draw. Obviously doesn't mean he's the #1, but it's not clear that Kadri has it yet definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad