Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yup, one of the few guys who seemed to give a **** tonight. He's the only forward from the old regime worth keeping around, everyone else can **** off.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
One of maybe 3 players who showed up today to play. Hey team, play more like Kadri and things should be okay.

Out of the remaining 4 players from Game 7(Kadri, Komarov, JVR, Gardiner), Kadri shows up in the big moments.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm proud of Kadri, he's setting a great example for our kids to follow, now they just need to follow is all.

Hey all you haters who were saying trade Kadri while asking sarcastic questions such as "is he the kind of player we want setting an example for our prospects" - the answer is a resounding YES!!

Babcock should be pointing to Kadri today and telling the kids that this is how you play the game this time of year.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Remember when people thought Peter Holland, Cody Hodgson were better centres than Kadri?

Those were some good times.

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
I'm proud of Kadri, he's setting a great example for our kids to follow, now they just need to follow is all.

Hey all you haters who were saying trade Kadri while asking sarcastic questions such as "is he the kind of player we want setting an example for our prospects" - the answer is a resounding YES!!

Babcock should be pointing to Kadri today and telling the kids that this is how you play the game this time of year.

This is exactly why I'd want Kadri to be captain. He's stepped up his game on and off the ice, he's a terrific leader for the kids, and he can take the heat off of them by carrying that load himself.

Kadri has really grown as a player and as a person in the past few years from everything I've seen of him.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This is exactly why I'd want Kadri to be captain. He's stepped up his game on and off the ice, he's a terrific leader for the kids, and he can take the heat off of them by carrying that load himself.

Kadri has really grown as a player and as a person in the past few years from everything I've seen of him.

:thumbu::thumbu:

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Beautiful goal last night.

Incredible how short-sighted some folks here can be. Kadri's had some very vocal critics these past few seasons and it's been an absolute pleasure to see them silenced.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Kadri had 6 shots on goal the last game. None in the 3rd period though.

It was tough when the Leafs fell behind against Tampa. All Tampa did was play 5 guys on defense, and the Leafs attack was 1 against 5 or 2 against 5.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
Out of the remaining 4 players from Game 7(Kadri, Komarov, JVR, Gardiner), Kadri shows up in the big moments.

Carlyle benched Komarov in that game 7 before we collapsed. I wouldn't blame him, because from the bench there isn't that much you can do. His one of our best penalty killers this season, so he might have helped.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 9th highlight-montage for .. Nazem Kadri..., who plays Center position with the 2016-17 Toronto Maple Leafs..
and who has also just finished a career-high, regular season... Congrats, Naz..!

kadri2.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x674.jpg

Nazem Kadri
Center -- shoots L
Born Oct 6 1990 -- London, ONT
26 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 192

RECENT STATS:
(*Up To April 9th 2017)

2014-15 Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
73 Games... 18 Goals... 21 Assists... 39 Points... -7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
76 Games... 17 Goals... 28 Assists... 45 Points... -15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
*2016-17 Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
*82 Games... 32 Goals... 29 Assists... 61 Points... -7 *6 G.W.G.'s

Clips include: All 32 of Nazem's 2016-17 season goals, with the Toronto Maple Leafs... and a few other 2016-17 season photos & clips....

Razama-Naz: *All 32 Nazem Kadri 2016-17 Reg.-Season Goals - TML (HD)

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Moved the discussion in the GDT here:

Try reading again, I gave him props that hes puts up his points and gets his goals. Maybe read my sarcastic "Hurray" next time. Yes he can shut down some players like McDavid congrats, he still takes stupid penalties and you cant deny that. If Caps scored and won the game because of that penalty would you be defending Kadri then?

You're reiterating your position so I'll just repeat my counter here. You said you are on the fence about him, which means that when you balance all the good he does against the bad penalties you aren't sure which weighs more heavily. That's what I was flabbergasted by, nothing else. I don't deny he sometimes takes bad penalties, I'm not saying you don't see or give him credit for the good he brings, I'm saying that I don't understand how you can add that up and end up in a position where you're on the fence.

What you are basically saying is "Yes he does a lot of huge, important things, great for him. But look at this detail, I don't like that so I'm not sure I like him."

If Kadri took a bad penalty in OT and Caps scored, I'd say that was a tremendously stupid thing of him. I don't change my opinions on a player based on one event in one game, so other than that it wouldn't change anything.

I am likely communicating somewhat out of emotion, but it really feels like his dumb penalties happen at the most critical times. There is absolutely no excuse, especially in a playoff game, to do what he did in game 2. I'm sorry, but it shows just how selfish he is. Playing for the name on the back of his jersey rather than the crest on the front. I really want to cheer for the guy, and I do see the good that he brings, but the timing and type of his penalties is what irks me the most, and that throws all of the good out the window, IMO.

It's hard to really say or prove the timing of his bad penalties, so I'm not going to argue that. I'm not even sure I disagree. But I would cautiously suggest that you might be right that it's an emotional position.

I'd also suggest that it might be hard to ask a guy to play a physical game, against the very best, with the goal to get them off their game and still expect him to be composed at all times. That's a tall order.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I was pretty drunk and tired during the game so TBH, I don't even remember Kadri taking a bad penalty. :laugh:

Babcock said today that they can't take bad penalties and I'm sure he had a talk with Kadri about it. Hopefully Kadri controls his emotions better and that's the last bad penalty he takes in this series or even better, the last penalty he takes in these playoffs, our magical Cinderella run to the final.

I'm 100% behind every player on this team and that includes Kadri. He makes mistakes (as do all our players) but on balance he's a huge asset. This is a big game tonight, I look for Kadri to rise to the occasion and have a big game.

I'll be wide awake and stone sober tonight, make me proud Naz!

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
That was awesome watching kadri get the fans back into the game. I'm pretty sure orpik has some size on nazem so props to him for not backing down.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri's willingness to battle Orpik should be an inspiration to the kids, especially since that big hit that opened the game for the Matthews goal. Everyone should take the body emphatically.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He was like a monster - what a game, he carried the team on his shoulder

What a game by Kadri

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Kadri started the rally with that big hit in the first .. And he ended it by setting up the winner.

He's made for the playoffs.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Where are the whiners now? He was a monster tonight and all over the ice. This is playoff Kadri folks.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
That was awesome watching kadri get the fans back into the game. I'm pretty sure orpik has some size on nazem so props to him for not backing down.

Orpik was his ***** tonight. He destroyed him twice in the same shift and then scored a goal by shooting the puck off his ass later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad