Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

badi

Jan 21, 2008
He Changed The Game for you guys ,,,

Amazing Performance in a crucial Game

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Cant wait to the off season, can trade Kadri and Gardiner at their peaks!!!:sarcasm:

There were crazy people here wanting to trade Kadri and Gardiner for ROR and Avs fans thinking we were trying to fleece them lol. It was funny that Doug Maclean wanted the Leafs to trade this duo or Kessel and Rielly for Rick Nash.

What a disaster either of those trades would have been.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
Kadri deserves to be the captain. That performance last night is the stuff I want to see from my captain.

Go out and take charge of the god damn game!

And he did.

Matthews can get his captaincy eventually but Kadri deserves it now.

Kadri for captain please. Let the kids be kids.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Kadri deserves to be the captain. That performance last night is the stuff I want to see from my captain.

Go out and take charge of the god damn game!

And he did.

Matthews can get his captaincy eventually but Kadri deserves it now.

Kadri for captain please. Let the kids be kids.

Agree, Matthews in the future
Kadri deserves it now

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Kadri might get a bit hot headed here and there, but every team needs a guy like that even if it has some shortcomings like a bad penalty.

Kadri & Komarov have been outstanding and really set the tone of "fight back" for the Leafs. Everytime we needed a hit they were ready to hit someone.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Kadri may have a temper and take some penalties he shouldn't at times, but he is nowhere near as bad as a guy like Byfuglien, who every team would also love to have.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Matthews-Hyman-Nylander are the top possession line in the playoffs.

But yeah, Babcock will break that up to satisfy the people who hate Hyman :laugh:

P.S It's by a large margin too, essentially 4% higher than the next line in the league

RLF

May 5, 2014
Kadri might get a bit hot headed here and there, but every team needs a guy like that even if it has some shortcomings like a bad penalty.

Kadri & Komarov have been outstanding and really set the tone of "fight back" for the Leafs. Everytime we needed a hit they were ready to hit someone.

Yep, controlled aggression is key. Kadri lost his cool in game two and took a bad penalty that should have cost us but didn't. He has learned control over the past two seasons and playing for the team more than himself. Playing excellent hockey the past two seasons.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
That's the way Kadri needs to play to be more effective. He knows he has it in him.

Man those hits almost reminded me of Tucker and Corson days.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I gotta say Kadri completely redeemed himself last night, and more.

The selfish penalty in game 2 is now forgotten. I wonder if Babs had a good chat with him after game 2 to get him focused for last night. Whatever it was, Kadri seemed a lot more determined and played with more more focus and purpose, and the Leafs would've likely lost without him.

Well done Naz.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
That entire line is filled with players that wouldn't look out of place with a letter on their jersey...this type of line was sorely missing from this team.The Leafs' biggest hurdle now are the zebras--can't let Washington keep getting 5-on-3's. Also worth noting that Kadri and Komarov are performing at such a high level in front of Winnik...kinda bittersweet.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The team was sleepwalking through the game and the fans were quiet until Kadri gave them something to get up and cheer for.

Almost immediately Matthews legs were pumping full throttle through the neutral zone and he scored the first goal.

Coincidence? Maybe, but Kadri got the crowd fired up and I'm sure his teammates fed off it as well

January

Jun 29, 2016
The team was sleepwalking through the game and the fans were quiet until Kadri gave them something to get up and cheer for.

Almost immediately Matthews legs were pumping full throttle through the neutral zone and he scored the first goal.

Coincidence? Maybe, but Kadri got the crowd fired up and I'm sure his teammates fed off it as well

Definitely not a coincidence. Momentum is a real thing

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
That entire line is filled with players that wouldn't look out of place with a letter on their jersey...this type of line was sorely missing from this team.The Leafs' biggest hurdle now are the zebras--can't let Washington keep getting 5-on-3's. Also worth noting that Kadri and Komarov are performing at such a high level in front of Winnik...kinda bittersweet.

Hope he gets an A this year.

Under rated has been Komarov, the guy been bring it every shift the last few weeks.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Can't help but think back to his draft+2 and draft+3 years, when so many people here were writing him off as a bust, because wasn't:

1) A 1st line center
2) Good defensively
3) Hard and strong enough

I remember Burke being quite harsh on him in an interview with Fan 590 as well.

Makes me so happy to see where he's come.

Keep the C away from him. Let him play his unassuming style, away from the spotlight. That's when Naz does his best work

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Naz thrives in the spotlight though.

He craves it and he always has.

I'll be disappointed if Shannyco doesn't reward him next season with an A at the very least, provided Matthews gets the C.

If they hold off on Matthews for a few more seasons, while he matures, then Kadri should wear the C for a time.

His leadership has become unmistakable.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
That's the way Kadri needs to play to be more effective. He knows he has it in him.

Man those hits almost reminded me of Tucker and Corson days.

Very tucker like for sure. Running around pissed off trying to get his team into the fight. The game got going because of him and ended because of him. Amazing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably one of (if not the) most complete and best games as a Leaf last night I feel.

I've been to two this year where he dominated like that. The other he slapped McDavid around all night then scored the OT winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad