Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Kadri in game 3 reminded me a lot of Dustin Brown circa the Kings first cup win, which is a very good thing.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Hope he gets an A this year.

Under rated has been Komarov, the guy been bring it every shift the last few weeks.

Komarov's so underrated on here. He's huge on our team for player development.
Komarov, Kadri and Babcock all spoke about how Komarov shaped Kadri into the player he is today.

Would love for him to play beside another young developing C in Matthews or Willy next season.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kadri pound for pound the tougest player in te NHL

Watch Kadri play and the hits he makes and the way he will drop the gloves with players bigger then him. Pound for pound the toughest player in the League. He is fearless and is a huge part of the push back when the going gets tough.

Leaf management must be patting them selfs on their backs after each game, the contract he signed makes he one of the best deals in the NHL as well.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Finally someone mentioned what I've been saying to my buddies all year about Kadri and that is he plays a lot like and is comparable to Kesler. Think I heard Bruce Arthur say that today.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Watch Kadri play and the hits he makes and the way he will drop the gloves with players bigger then him. Pound for pound the toughest player in the League. He is fearless and is a huge part of the push back when the going gets tough.

Leaf management must be patting them selfs on their backs after each game, the contract he signed makes he one of the best deals in the NHL as well.

I still can't imagine they got him to that deal. They got so lucky with that bad 25 game start of his. Imagine if he had put up the 60 point pace he had in the last 50 games...

We would be paying Kadri 5.25 mill plus easily.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Komarov's so underrated on here. He's huge on our team for player development.
Komarov, Kadri and Babcock all spoke about how Komarov shaped Kadri into the player he is today.

Would love for him to play beside another young developing C in Matthews or Willy next season.

Komarov spoke about how he shaped Kadri into the player he is today?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I still can't imagine they got him to that deal. They got so lucky with that bad 25 game start of his. Imagine if he had put up the 60 point pace he had in the last 50 games...

We would be paying Kadri 5.25 mill plus easily.

Yeah it's hard to put into words how good a deal for us that Kadri contract is. If he was a UFA this season, I'd say off the top of my head that 6-7m would be more like it.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
considering all the circumstances

i'll argue that was the best game i have seen from any leaf in maybe a decades time

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
considering all the circumstances

i'll argue that was the best game i have seen from any leaf in maybe a decades time

Wow, that's pretty high praise. Then again, considering the history of this team, maybe it's not as high as it may sound. :laugh:

The last decade has been rough. Hell I've been following this team for close to 5 decades now and the entire ride has been rough. The next decade is going to be awesome though and it's going to make up for all that!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Wow, that's pretty high praise. Then again, considering the history of this team, maybe it's not as high as it may sound. :laugh:

The last decade has been rough. Hell I've been following this team for close to 5 decades now and the entire ride has been rough. The next decade is going to be awesome though and it's going to make up for all that!

Maybe them accusing you of saying he was a 7 million type player was bad after all. He has played like a 7 million type player so far;)

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Glad to see kadri is getting under their skin. I was worried for a bit about that "dive" but was happy to see it was a dirty slash instead.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
OV should be in a lot of pain next game. Good hit Kadri. We Ned more intensity from the rest of the team and better coverage.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Have enjoyed the energy he and his line bring, but hoping for a little more from them overall. Bozak's line is useless and Boyle's line while effective, lack overall skill. We need another line to put more pressure on the caps and also generate some offence, it can't just be the Matthews line.

Again love the energy, but this line has been rather weak at generating offensive chances, and the 3 of them have some offence in them. Need more.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri needs more offensive zone time. Before game 5, he took a total of four face offs in the offensive zone on ES.

I know he's doing great shutting down Backstrom line but he's a 30 goal scorer....give him a chance to produce.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He may only have 3ozone FO but that's what happens when you need to take up the slack for Bozak Marner JVR. That line need balanced out somehow but Babcock will ride it to the bitter end. He probably keeps expecting to have a great game but its not likely coming. No harm in it grand scheme wise and Kadri has just been a gem really. Nylander may be able to fix JVR and Bozak. Marner should be on the 4th, no question.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He may only have 3ozone FO but that's what happens when you need to take up the slack for Bozak Marner JVR. That line need balanced out somehow but Babcock will ride it to the bitter end. He probably keeps expecting to have a great game but its not likely coming. No harm in it grand scheme wise and Kadri has just been a gem really. Nylander may be able to fix JVR and Bozak. Marner should be on the 4th, no question.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...2017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=faceoffWins

Kadri has 20 D-Zone face-offs, Bozak has 45.

What is interesting is Kadri and Boyle are cleaning up in the O-Zone.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Only complaint could be his line has 3 even strength points, 1 even strength goal.

But as a shutdown line they're doing fine.

It doesnt help that brown has been invisible the whole series. The only time I notice him is on bad giveaways or getting out muscled.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
It doesnt help that brown has been invisible the whole series. The only time I notice him is on bad giveaways or getting out muscled.

Completely unfair. He's been second only to Hyman in terms of puck-battles and turnover creation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad