GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Habs vs Marlies+ 7 PM Est TSN2 ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
I will not panic until after game 1 of the season.

But I did buy myself a panic button, air raid siren & panic kit.

1727543173072.jpeg

Go Habs?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why waste our time with Farrell anyway? The guy is small and soft and has no futur with us.

Adam Nicholas’s pet?

Farrell had a very good first season in the AHL outside of the injuries.

I disagree that he has no future with us, though it becomes difficult for many players to have a future due to the large prospect pool we have and so many performing well.

But the truth is that he came into camp with better skating, made a lot of very good plays in his first pre-season game and set Beck up 3 times with grade A scoring chances.

He's had a history, and did it in the pre-season as well, of killing penalties and defending leads. He has a two-way game due to his smarts and has done that at the World and Olympic levels.

If Domi is playing for them, I want blood.

Send the message loud and clear, so everyone can see it, you touch our young players and you’ll pay the price.

He didn't do anything that warranted a reaction.

f***ing Farrell on the fourth line.

Would have been way better to put Tuch there. At least Tuch has a future with us. Especially on a fourth line.

Adam Nicholas’s pet.

Tuch has played 2 games already and Farrell only 1.

It's sad.

Remember when we had hope for Farrell?

We still do - not everyone gives up on prospects after one shift like you. The beauty of Hughes and Gorton is that they actually build through the draft and develop, so Farrell not panning out has very little consequence to the future of the organization, where under Bergevin it would be criplling.

Weird that I am one of those who doesn't think Mailloux has had a bad camp. I think he came to camp to show that his defensive game is improving. He will eventually figure out how to manage both sides of the game.

He can't make Farrell bigger or faster

Farrell came in with improved skating, he's still not a burner but he clearly worked on it. The organization still likes Farrell a great deal.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think if you want your farm club to play quality hockey, you need guys like Farrell. Where I'm not sure I agree is the need to draft them, but I suppose if you don't, others will and you lose priority on signing them to AHL deals later.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I mean, how hard would've it had been for MSL and Berube to try and coordinate NHL vs NHL and AHL vs AHL seeing it's same opponent 2 games in a row
Habs Agenda and Leafs Agenda is not the same right now

We're assessing where some of our kids are at currently, following a structured build plan

While they're hoping someone who makes 900k can shine enough to make a Salary Capped roster

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
He might not make it, but this would be a very rash and impatient decision to dump him at this point of his career.

Honestly, when you can't cut it in your D+5. Its all but very rash and impatient.

Its the honest truth.

I mean, how hard would've it had been for MSL and Berube to try and coordinate NHL vs NHL and AHL vs AHL seeing it's same opponent 2 games in a row

Pre season is meant to remove the rust, get the lines and special teams going.

Each play their stars in their home game and their prospect in their away game.

Perfectly fair and also understandable.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It would be huge if Barron figures things out this season and Mailloux can further refine his game in Laval. I still don't 100% feel he is ready. My other concern is Xhekaj, I am starting to think that he may not be part of the top 6 longterm.
I think MSL far and away brings mostly good, but there are cons. So I have hated the coaches, basically every one that wanted players to not use judgement and be robotic in their play. MSL is the opposite of that.

But Anderson isn't a guy to use judgement. He just needs to skate on the wing as fast as he can and hopefully score. Up and down up and down.

I think Marty tells guys to play to their strengths initially and then he tries to work on their game, as opposed to putting a straight jacket on them from the 1st. Thinking Barron was thrown off having to focus on the D game after he could free wheel it more. Xheraj was more physical at the start than now for same reason perhaps, MSL has him switching focus and that maybe has thrown him off somewhat for the time being.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, when you can't cut it in your D+5. Its all but very rash and impatient.

Its the honest truth.

Pre season is meant to remove the rust, get the lines and special teams going.

Each play their stars in their home game and their prospect in their away game.

Perfectly fair and also understandable.

That's why I'm putting things in context. He has 40 some ahl games under his belt, because simply saying d plus 5 without looking under the hood is painting an incomplete picture.

Again, not saying he's going to make it. He has had setbacks that are going to make things even more challenging, but yeah, it would be rash to make a final decision right now and cast him off.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Well, it’s pretty obvious.

Full top 9 except for him. Apart from 4th line, the only incumbent being sat in favour of the challenger.
Realized you said top 9 but Dvorak did play last game. I don't think it is much of message but more of just rotating different players during preseason

Reactions: lombrek and Jaynki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad