Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
once more time. he needet to grow into monster from beginning feedet with 25min playing time in games.like willow at meadowlands. instead here they making everything he not succeedet. not surprising if he alone in dark at some apartment complex by this time Atari video games a playing all day night long when not at icerink a suffering hard evidencely heavily downhill forcing trauma. anyboty believe it? it happen all times. especially for from small countryside leaving finnish boy for biggest metropol like big apple in the world. seem like coach here as accurate as til he sold or traded as manure pile. that were they seem to be aim. no icetime no points. no trust no grow.13min in game not enough. he needet 25min. zimbabwead needet 13min and panarin. my opinions.these guys no winners.they surf with large amount of icetime giving in personal numbers a rise

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
once more time. he needet to grow into monster from beginning feedet with 25min playing time in games.like willow at meadowlands. instead here they making everything he not succeedet. not surprising if he alone in dark at some apartment complex by this time Atari video games a playing all day night long when not at icerink a suffering hard evidencely heavily downhill forcing trauma. anyboty believe it? it happen all times. especially for from small countryside leaving finnish boy for biggest metropol like big apple in the world. seem like coach here as accurate as til he sold or traded as manure pile. that were they seem to be aim. no icetime no points. no trust no grow.13min in game not enough. he needet 25min. zimbabwead needet 13min and panarin. my opinions.these guys no winners.they surf with large amount of icetime giving in personal numbers a rise

What?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Vincent trocheck should not be on the pp in place of him. Big mistake #1 by lavi for me. We drafted this kid 2nd overall to give him PP1 time his rookie year then basically never again.

Trocheck is ass and by the footage I've seen from last night almost lost that game for us in OT when he blew coverage.

Troch gets to be on pp1 because Kreids / bread / Zibs / fox score regularly. The f*ck does he do?

Being T-second on the team in PPG last year wasn’t good enough for you? Num 4 PP% in the league since last year largely with this setup and yet this board cannot help themsleves but try to blow up the unit

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Being T-second on the team in PPG last year wasn’t good enough for you? Num 4 PP% in the league since last year largely with this setup and yet this board cannot help themsleves but try to blow up the unit

Oh geez, I'm sorry, I think 1 & 2 overalls should be on pp1. Not really a ridiculous thought IMO. They'll do just fine with no troch.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Vincent trocheck should not be on the pp in place of him. Big mistake #1 by lavi for me. We drafted this kid 2nd overall to give him PP1 time his rookie year then basically never again.

Trocheck is ass and by the footage I've seen from last night almost lost that game for us in OT when he blew coverage.

Troch gets to be on pp1 because Kreids / bread / Zibs / fox score regularly. The f*ck does he do?
Trocheck is on pp1 because he wins faceoffs.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Oh geez, I'm sorry, I think 1 & 2 overalls should be on pp1. Not really a ridiculous thought IMO. They'll do just fine with no troch.

The team is trying to win games. Not to force feed players because of where they were drafted four years ago. Not a single coach in the league would break up the PP unit that has the 4th best PP% over the last 90 or so games because of that - and the 2nd best PP% this year. It's a far more ridiculous suggestion to think they should break up the unit for the sake of one player who has shown no sign that he even deserves to be there.

Last edited:

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
With GG, I completely understood being pissed at everything. So far this year that isn’t the case. The kids are staying in the top 6 and the team is winning. Specials are a big part of it. Changing the PP would be insane right now.

Reactions: romba and artoor13

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
With GG, I completely understood being pissed at everything. So far this year that isn’t the case. The kids are staying in the top 6 and the team is winning. Specials are a big part of it. Changing the PP would be insane right now.

Yup. Give PP2 quality time whenever the opportunity is there so they can get their reps in, but PP1 is the game breaker.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
put kk in the pp1 ? whhhhhaaaatt? if the team was in rebuilding mode then yeah you'd entertain that idea no doubt.

kreider-zib-kk - how's that working out? dating back from last season until now? i would even argue that kk is an example as to why zib and kreider aren't doing better at ev. there may come a time down the road that lavi may have to put trocheck in at that right slot full time to increase zib and kreider's ev effectiveness. it's been since 21-22 when the last time the kreider-zib-kk unit worked well at a modest level.

kk is only consistent by his standards overall when he's with chytil.

is there a way of measuring kreider and zib's ev effectiveness when they were teamed up with tank, kane, or trocheck?

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The team is trying to win games. Not to force feed players because of where they were drafted four years ago. Not a single coach in the league would break up the PP unit that has the 4th best PP% over the last 90 or so games because of that - and the 2nd best PP% this year. It's a far more ridiculous suggestion to think they should break up the unit for the sake of one player who has shown no sign that he even deserves to be there.

I do not disagree that he greatly benefits from his bromance with Kreider and playing with studs.

I just don't think giving Kak a run there is a horrible idea.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
You don't mess with #1PP as long as it's working.
Yes yes I know. And Ryan strome worked great there too. Products of their own play, but mostly by playing with studs. When do these two get their chance at an extended run there? Next season I guess? Just seems wack given what we've invested in them.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
It’s an impossible conversation to have cause if you don’t get geometry what the hell is there to debate?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_4342.gif

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
That’s a terrible reason. Why do we need another RHS, we have no left hand shots on the PP. Kreider doesn’t count because he doesn’t shoot, only tips.
Can’t do it.

I wish there was a way to capture every poster’s aha moment when the PP1 geometry clicked in their brains. That would be a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yes yes I know. And Ryan strome worked great there too. Products of their own play, but mostly by playing with studs. When do these two get their chance at an extended run there? Next season I guess? Just seems wack given what we've invested in them.

Yes, and what's the similarity? A right handed shot in the slot. A PP has structure. It's not "put your five best players on the ice." If you want Kakko/Laf on PP1 you're totally blowing up the entire unit that has worked for years. Panarin now has to go back to the left. Zibanejad has to go back to the slot. Kakko/Laf need to go to the right half wall. Or you just put the lefty in the bumper and they will not accomplish anything because the structure does not permit it.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
we're not messing with the parts that work (Zib, Panarin, Fox, Kreider)
You're playing Wheel of Fortune and you have all the letters but 1 and you know the missing letter has to be a vowel but you are trying to jam consonants in there. Left handed shots are the consonant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad