Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Lots of parallels to the beginning of last season. Also looked promising in preseason but once the season started the bulk of his confidence abruptly ceased to exist. It’s almost like he’s terrified to be good. I no longer having lofty expectations for either him or Laf but I thought by this point at least one of them would have become something more than middling complimentary players. I think it’s about time to acknowledge that it’s not the lack of opportunity holding them back but their inability to impact the game holding them back from greater opportunity

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lots of parallels to the beginning of last season. Also looked promising in preseason but once the season started the bulk of his confidence abruptly ceased to exist. It’s almost like he’s terrified to be good. I no longer having lofty expectations for either him or Laf but I thought by this point at least one of them would have become something more than middling complimentary players. I think it’s about time to acknowledge that it’s not the lack of opportunity holding them back but their inability to impact the game holding them back from greater opportunity
He’s legitimately such an awkward beta that I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually is legit scared of becoming a star player because of the attention it would bring, the media, going to the ASG, etc. Like watch the behind the scenes video of the draft, he’s berating his dad and yelling at him because he’s worried his dads knees are in the way of his path and he’s freaking out about whether he’ll be able to walk by him without bumping into him when his name is called. Then all the other players are shaking hands and talking to each other while Kakko follows several feet behind and pretends to use his phone yet he’s touching a black screen. This pic summed him up pretty well

scMJUbY.jpg

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He’s legitimately such an awkward beta that I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually is legit scared of becoming a star player because of the attention it would bring, the media, going to the ASG, etc. Like watch the behind the scenes video of the draft, he’s berating his dad and yelling at him because he’s worried his dads knees are in the way of his path and he’s freaking out about whether he’ll be able to walk by him without bumping into him when his name is called. Then all the other players are shaking hands and talking to each other while Kakko follows several feet behind and pretends to use his phone yet he’s touching a black screen. This pic summed him up pretty well
The language barrier was and might still be an issue, although he has gotten better. But I can guarantee you he's not some shy kid when he's in Finland. Rantanen recently said he's the most vocal of their training group during the summer.

Reactions: Rongomania

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

scMJUbY.jpg

Then again, your idea of an Alpha...

6313627434112-1024x576.jpg

yeah, I think we can take your fanfic with a grain of salt. :naughty:

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
so many year he have bin here floating around almost drowned in manure by team. only shit for him boubling up to save. what is he doing in freetime. hangin around video house or something. no. im so sorry for this youngman..he should demanding trade to team where are space for him...and happy shiny weather to help him coming over this manure time if possibles. west coast i say. easy making points in that division teams. lookin at anaheim roster looking like latvia beerclub team. never heard of players long list..kakko.you must coming out now. demanding trade.hungerstrike.anything.forget big manure apple

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

scMJUbY.jpg
i actually feel bad for kakko, does anyone remember that feature msg did on kakko coming to the city for the first time? they showed it once and then it disappeared bc it was so awkward. it is very possible he has anxiety issues which is just fine, many people do. i felt terrible for him those first couple of years and i am curious over more years what kind of org/coach nonsense continues to come out about his rookie year.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
so many year he have bin here floating around almost drowned in manure by team. only shit for him boubling up to save. what is he doing in freetime. hangin around video house or something. no. im so sorry for this youngman..he should demanding trade to team where are space for him...and happy shiny weather to help him coming over this manure time if possibles. west coast i say. easy making points in that division teams. lookin at anaheim roster looking like latvia beerclub team. never heard of players long list..kakko.you must coming out now. demanding trade.hungerstrike.anything.forget big manure apple

sir avgard hockeyprofessor
Read the first sentence w/o seeing who posted it first, but correctly deduced it was sir avgard.

Thank you, sir.

From now on the Ducks will be known as the Latvian Beerclub Team @Leonardo87

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm at the point where I'll be satisfied if he's a significantly better and bigger Fast. Anything more would be a bonus. Not what you hope for from a #2 but unlike #1 overall I feel like #2 overall players have been more of a mixed bag.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Kakko needs to trust his shot, it's one of his biggest flaws. He is always looking to get closer to the net or to dish it to someone else. Rip it more and good things will happen. He needs to get that move that Jagr and Nash used to use coming out of the corner where he bump stops the player and exits the corner straight to the net instead of going around in circles.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Kakko needs to trust his shot, it's one of his biggest flaws. He is always looking to get closer to the net or to dish it to someone else. Rip it more and good things will happen. He needs to get that move that Jagr and Nash used to use coming out of the corner where he bump stops the player and exits the corner straight to the net instead of going around in circles.

He did that two years ago in the playoffs (and a few other times) and they called that bullshit call on him. He has that move in him. He's 22.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How dare you mock Alain Vigneault and his "AV Squad" television program on MSG?!

What annoys me more is that for some reason the Rangers fully capitalised on Chytil's nickname, using it in social media posts to the point where fans call him "Filda", but Kakko's nickname "Kaapeli" is just foreign to them and all he gets is a lame "KK"

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
What annoys me more is that for some reason the Rangers fully capitalised on Chytil's nickname, using it in social media posts to the point where fans call him "Filda", but Kakko's nickname "Kaapeli" is just foreign to them and all he gets is a lame "KK"

'Big Kak' is maybe the dopest nickname in all of sports. 'Drago' is also quite dope.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

scMJUbY.jpg
Nice photoshopping job.

Little tip: Use the clone tool or healing brush to patch up the mis-matched arena background ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad