Proposal: JVR + Nylander for Ekblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Ekblad is overrated. The above deal is equal value. Maybe a small add by the leafs, but not much. A 2nd rd pick or a top 12 protected 1st.

Sure.

I agree. Ekblad is overrated and overpaid for that matter. But that is because people rate him on what he is projected to be and not what he is.

But hey, isnt that the same for Matthews who hasnt even played a single NHL game yet?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jvr and Nylander offer is bad for Florida, big time. Leafs would have to offer Austin or gtfo. Florida laughs at OP offer.

Neutral fan here

member 157595

Jvr and Nylander offer is bad for Florida, big time. Leafs would have to offer Austin or gtfo. Florida laughs at OP offer.

Neutral fan here

I'm a Leaf fan and even Matthews won't get it done for Ekblad from Florida's end.

There is absolutely nothing to discuss here.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Ekblad is untouchable for Panthers. There's nothing to discuss. He's their franchise D-man and while I think their next years D-group is excellent, they're nothing without Ekblad leading the way.

I wouldn't offer up all the Leafs have for him, I'd rather continue our build through the draft and free agency. We have time and many, many options to fill the last spot of the potential top-4 (Rielly - xxx, Gardiner - Zaistev)

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I don't think Leafs would consider two of their blue chip prospects/Rielly for Ekblad. It would create huge holes and depth/cheap contracts are so important.
No way I'd add Nylander or Marner to Rielly. I don't think the difference between the two defenseman is a top 5 prospect in the league.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
I don't think Leafs would consider two of their blue chip prospects/Rielly for Ekblad. It would create huge holes and depth/cheap contracts are so important.
No way I'd add Nylander or Marner to Rielly. I don't think the difference between the two defenseman is a top 5 prospect in the league.

Better to draft and develop rather than overpay for an elite player.

I think the Leafs learnt that lesson after the Kessel-Seguin/Hamilton trade.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Ekblad is overrated. The above deal is equal value. Maybe a small add by the leafs, but not much. A 2nd rd pick or a top 12 protected 1st.

Every Dman that doesn't play for the leafs is overrated right bud?

The above deal isn't even close.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016

Especially for someone who was just sent home from the World Cup with what is suspected to be his third concussion in 2 years.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Nope. Just the overrated ones.

And yes, the above deal is close

Now quick ignore all context, logic and everything else and tell us why exactly Ekblad is overrated? Make sure you don't include that Nylander would be overrated for the same reasons or anything either.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
faceofhorror.org
(cue "but ekblad had a concussion scare so take this before he never plays again")

Not even close. Matthews or more valuewise and Florida doesn't even need centres

Normally I would say "the concussion scare comment is trolling".
This time However, the concussion came as a result from the Matt Hendricks hit last season. Ekblad may actually have this problem in the future.
That being said, Nylander plus JVR is still a no go. It would take Mathews +

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Don't understand this Matthews + talk. I wouldn't deal Matthews straight up. I'm fine with Florida not wanting that because of their depth down the middle, but I fail to see how Ekblad has more value in a vacuum.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Don't understand this Matthews + talk. I wouldn't deal Matthews straight up. I'm fine with Florida not wanting that because of their depth down the middle, but I fail to see how Ekblad has more value in a vacuum.

:help: WOW

Maybe because Ekblad has actually played a game in the NHL and has looked very good so far?

Maybe because Ekblad looks to be a true #1 Dman which are the toughest player to find in the NHL?

Or maybe because Mathews has NOT proven anything at the NHL level yet?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Maybe it's because Ekblad already has 159 games under his belt, And Matthews has yet to play a single game at the NHL level.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
:help: WOW

Maybe because Ekblad has actually played a game in the NHL and has looked very good so far?

Maybe because Ekblad looks to be a true #1 Dman which are the toughest player to find in the NHL?

Or maybe because Mathews has NOT proven anything at the NHL level yet?

Matthews is far more highly thought of as a prospect than Ekblad was. Not sure why this is so shocking.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Mathews for Ekblad will never happen.

What is Toronto's screaming need since Sundin/Gilmour? We have Reilly, so I just don't see it. Ekblad's concussion doesn't help. Yes, Toronto needs a Tanev(steady number 2 D) type guy but not as much as we have to have that number one C. It is a trade Toronto can't afford to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad