Proposal: JVR + Nylander for Ekblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It would take Mathews + Gardiner to get Ekblad

Why would Florida accept that ? I think their depth at C is pretty good . It not like the need Matthews to become a contender . I think Florida are about to become a real powerhouse of a team . They are on the brink of becoming a prime Chicago type of team

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Why would Florida accept that ? I think their depth at C is pretty good . It not like the need Matthews to become a contender . I think Florida are about to become a real powerhouse of a team . They are on the brink of becoming a prime Chicago type of team

We wouldn't.

Center isn't a position of need for the Panthers.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada

Florida would no more accept than Toronto would but the value is close. Probably even a little skewed towards Florida. The Trade makes no sense for either team though. It is not skewed one way or another to say damned what we need can't pass it up

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
If we make Matthews untouchable, I think that Rielly + Marner would be fair value in a vacuum.

Still not sure if Florida would bite as they have some great young wingers and they're weak on the backend and Ekblad has a higher upside than both players.

As for Toronto, I'd be apprehensive due to both players having a greater upside than Ekblads current level and the trade having the potential to be disastrous.

On a personal level, I'd almost do it to hear the bigotry fueled Don Cherry rant about the Leafs having two of the best American players in the game in Matthews and Ekblad and never having a chance without "Ontario boys"

I doubt JVR +Nylander is feasible...

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
If we make Matthews untouchable, I think that Rielly + Marner would be fair value in a vacuum.

Still not sure if Florida would bite as they have some great young wingers and they're weak on the backend and Ekblad has a higher upside than both players.

As for Toronto, I'd be apprehensive due to both players having a greater upside than Ekblads current level and the trade having the potential to be disastrous.

On a personal level, I'd almost do it to hear the bigotry fueled Don Cherry rant about the Leafs having two of the best American players in the game in Matthews and Ekblad and never having a chance without "Ontario boys"

Ekblad is from Ontario...?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

I think the only player(s) that should be available from the leafs are players like JVR, Gardiner, etc. All those young guys, Marner, Nylander etc. I really hope your team keeps those guys and builds a contender, especially considering you will probably be able to draft a very good Dman in the draft next year.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Another case in point of Marner being ridiculously overrated.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I could care less about what most leaf fans would agree with. 75% of fan bases have absolutely no idea how to be objective when evaluating their own teams talent. There is an entire thread on this forum where over 80% of Leaf fans were trying to say that Kessel was better than Ovechkin 3 years ago. This assessment is not restricted to Leaf fans but you get a higher number on here because of the size of our fan base. % is similar Im sure

I like Nylander he is a great talent but Reinhart is a 2 way stud in the making and would fit our team perfect as a 2nd line center. Only players I wouldn't entertain moving for him on our roster are named Reilly and Matthews
Small issue though. Reinhart's biggest production came at wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad