Proposal: JVR + Nylander for Ekblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto has a good chance @ the top 5 in the draft which sets themselves up nicely to draft a dman - it won't be Ekblad but it's a preferable alternative to the ransom that FLA would be asking for.

I'm not a Leaf fan but they're advised to continue with their plan.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I'm a leafs fan and any trade for Ekblad that doesn't involve Matthews is scary...real value differing from hfboards value aside, it starts with Reilly + Marner and still an add.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Remember that this was a rumored day on draft day, obviously if it didn't happen then it wouldn't happen today, just wondering how a couple years later this proposal holds up?

Is this a joke ? If that was offered on draft day and wasn't accepted why would it be accepted now ?

Got to think draft day Ekblad was a prospect , JVR had more years of control . Now Ekblad value is gone thru the roof . JVR value has gone down base on years left on his contract . If he was available I would of offered Draisaitl , Nurse , 2017 1st ++ . The pluses being prospects or picks . Still do the trade Hall for Larsson

Ekblad Larsson
Klefbom Sekera
Davidson Fayne

Lucic McD Eberle
Maroon RNH Puljijarvi
Pouliot XXX Versteeg Yakupov trade for a 3rd line C Or Maybe Cagguila makes the team and slot in the 3C spot

Raven I

May 9, 2011
Im as big of a Nylander fan as anyone and I think he's going to be a special player for sure but at the end of the day defenceman of ekblads skill are pretty much untouchable the value of a franchise defensman is astronomical so from torontos pov it would be too much to give up what florida would have to ask for.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'm not convinced the difference between Ekblad and Rielly is as big as this board goes on about. At this point it's all hype and Ekblad certainly has that.

Now, I am not saying he is equal to him, but the difference here is not Rielly + Nylander + first or whatever. I certainly think Matthws is worth far more. Big, two way franchise C's are the most valuable thing in hockey.

This thread is idiotic though, just an excuse for fans to trash each others fans and players.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
The conversation would begin and end with Auston Matthews. Willie and JVR aren't even close to Ekblad's current value.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
and toronto laughs and tells florida to never call back.

At least it's more realistic then the OP one here, That's pretty close to what it would take to land a player of Ekblads talent. You're easily looking at Matthews at least for Ekblad and no way does Lou trade Matthews for Ekblad. So more then likely no deal to be made here.

Catmando

Nov 22, 2015
FL
Is this a joke ? If that was offered on draft day and wasn't accepted why would it be accepted now ?

Got to think draft day Ekblad was a prospect , JVR had more years of control . Now Ekblad value is gone thru the roof . JVR value has gone down base on years left on his contract . If he was available I would of offered Draisaitl , Nurse , 2017 1st ++ . The pluses being prospects or picks . Still do the trade Hall for Larsson

Ekblad Larsson
Klefbom Sekera
Davidson Fayne

Lucic McD Eberle
Maroon RNH Puljijarvi
Pouliot XXX Versteeg Yakupov trade for a 3rd line C Or Maybe Cagguila makes the team and slot in the 3C spot

I wouldn't make that trade since we aren't rebuilding, but value was looks pretty fair depending on the +. That trade oilers looks pretty good on the backend that would be a really great top pairing.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
nah, pretty sure that was the panthers ask and the leafs balked
JVR was coming off a 30/30 year and the top of the draft was considered to be weaker than normal.

the leafs may have taken reinhart/bennett in that spot.
would they move JVR + Nylander for either of those guys? not a chance.

EKblad is the only guy at the top of that draft that has that kinda value

Considering Vancouver offered 6, 24, and their previous first round selection and got turned down by the Panthers I doubt your speculation. The top of the draft had a drop off after Ekblad, the Sams, and Draisaitl so in hindsight maybe able to say you wouldn't move JVR + Nylander but not predraft. I wouldn't sleep on Reinhart either that kid is going to be a stud.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Some players are untouchable. Ekblad is one of them.

I really hate these kinds of threads because they just turn into an excuse to dump on Leafs prospects.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
so this thread is people laughing at the op and saying Ekblad would take a lot more like Matthews+ and then leafs getting offended and saying Matthews is going nowhere and this and that and both fanbases countering with things but we all know both don't want to move either player so I don't see why this thread is still open.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Some players are untouchable. Ekblad is one of them.

I really hate these kinds of threads because they just turn into an excuse to dump on Leafs prospects.

I think the leafs have some wonderful pieces.

We dont have anyone that can finish like JVR could. Our team is a score by committee moreso than give it to one guy and let him finish...

Matthews is nice, but really, we dont need someone like him either.

I like Reilly, but we have a "version" of him in Matheson. Maybe not as touted as him, but he is projected to be Ekblad's LD.

I dont like threads like these because it is literally impossible to reach a deal.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Have the Panthers ever had a superstar defenseman? They've had some good ones, but no superstars on the blueline that I can recall. Now that they have one, why would they even consider trading him?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Ekblad is overrated. The above deal is equal value. Maybe a small add by the leafs, but not much. A 2nd rd pick or a top 12 protected 1st.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
EKblad> Rielly at this point.

you dont give up Marner, Nylander and a shot at patrick/liljegren to make up that difference. this isnt Doughty we are talking about.
Mclellan has already said Rielly has been their best player so far.
50 pts with 1st unit PP time this season

lol

Ekblad>>> Rielly at this point and probably their whole careers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad