Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Well, at this point in time, by any objective measure, the over the top celebration is premature. It’s completely fair to say Slaf has improved but he’s not yet arrived.

Its exactly why we are totally excited and the over the top celebrating.

Its because he is that good, physical, excellent two way impact.

And has yet to arrive.

Please note ReHabs that i tagged you in a meeting with the hockey historian in a kind and respectuous manner. I always appreciate reading and debating with you.

Reactions: Guess

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
3 goals 14 assists 17 points, - 12 in 33 games

3 goals 9 assists 12 points, - 3 in 33 games

One of them is the superstar we should've drafted (say the same people who would've apparently drafted Wright anyways) and the other is the guy we drafted.

Even if we were just stat watching... it ain't a big difference

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
You may call it a sloppy goal, I call it Slaf going hard to the net and creating chaos. Yeah, he got a lucky bounce but it doesn't happen without him crashing the net. I love these kinds of goals because it shows his willingness to get dirty and fight. He's showing much more of that lately which is one of the most encouraging signs imo. He's gonna be a beast
Slaf absolutely needs to be an agent of chaos. He’s 6’3, 250, fast and strong. His meal ticket in the NHL is not being Gretzky, Bedard or Hughes. He’s not cute. He’s a monster. He needs to behave like a monster around the net.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Slaf absolutely needs to be an agent of chaos. He’s 6’3, 250, fast and strong. His meal ticket in the NHL is not being Gretzky, Bedard or Hughes. He’s not cute. He’s a monster. He needs to behave like a monster around the net.
230 lbs not 250 lbs.................the kid is very much a work in progress, but is working his way forward.

Great to see him fill that spot on the top line, that no one else could this year.

Reactions: HabsQC

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well, at this point in time, by any objective measure, the over the top celebration is premature. It’s completely fair to say Slaf has improved but he’s not yet arrived.

Unless you have a predetermined bias towards Kent Hughes — like you do — and think everything he does is correct and the best way to do it — like you do — and will ignore and dismiss any argument that challenges your priors — like you do — there is no need to announce the Slafkovsky project complete and start handing out ribbons and medals.
Are you sure you are a habs fan?
Did Hughes kick your puppy?

Are you related to Debbie Downer??

Can you at least be a little happy that things are progressing somewhat better in the Habs world these days?
Or do you clamour for more Bergevin Rinse and Repeat years?
LOL.................Merry Christmas !!

Reactions: habdynasty and 417

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
3 goals 14 assists 17 points, - 12 in 33 games

3 goals 9 assists 12 points, - 3 in 33 games

One of them is the superstar we should've drafted (say the same people who would've apparently drafted Wright anyways) and the other is the guy we drafted.

Even if we were just stat watching... it ain't a big difference
Now lets talk about the physical aspect defensive aspect strength along the boards aspect of the players and one of them LEAPS OUT at me as having a huge advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goalfield13

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Unless you have a predetermined bias towards Kent Hughes — like you do — and think everything he does is correct and the best way to do it — like you do — and will ignore and dismiss any argument that challenges your priors — like you do — there is no need to announce the Slafkovsky project complete and start handing out ribbons and medals.
Dude it's incredibly rich for someone who has easily posted 1000+ critical posts of Slafkovsky this year to indicate that other people's celebration is premature. What about your shitposts which make up about 1/4th of the posts in this thread? Were those not premature?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Well, at this point in time, by any objective measure, the over the top criticism is premature. It’s completely fair to say Slaf has improved but he’s not yet arrived.

Unless you have a predetermined bias towards Kent Hughes — like you do — and think everything he does is wrong and the worst way to do it — like you do — and will ignore and dismiss any argument that challenges your priors — like you do — there is no need to announce the Slafkovsky project done and start handing out cristicism and bad grades.

Seriously.....you've been criticizing EVERYTHING Hughes has done since he didn't draft Michkov.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
230 lbs not 250 lbs.................the kid is very much a work in progress, but is working his way forward.

Great to see him fill that spot on the top line, that no one else could this year.
Yeah, exactly. He’s totally just 230 pounds. Wink, wink, nod,nod

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The biggest issue I have had with Rehabs is that he said we drafted wrong. He said that we were developing wrong. He doubled and tripled down on those assertions. He has spoken like he was the authority on this subject. Repeatedly bashed Hughes, MSL and whoever else in Habs management. I am okay if someone wants to go against the grain and offer a contrary opinion, but he has taken it a little too far. He is coming around and softening his stance on Slaf, but still hasn't crossed that line of humility and admitted that we were right to draft Slaf, and our team is developing him just right.

Side note, who ya got for 2024 Goldenhands? You are my most trusted draft predictor after the past two years!
Its too early at this point hehe, we dont really know where we are going to draft, What I can tell you is that the top 10 is going to be really strong and we should be in position to grab a really good young player.

Reactions: Guess and waitin425

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The single point losses have killed us from that perspective.
Goaltending has been unreal too, rolling 3 goaltenders who play like their life depended everytime they are in the net has been brutal for the tank. Allen cant be traded soon enough, it should settle down once Monty and Primeau have higher workload...

Reactions: Guess

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Goaltending has been unreal too, rolling 3 goaltenders who play like their life depended everytime they are in the net has been brutal for the tank. Allen cant be traded soon enough, it should settle down once Monty and Primeau have higher workload...
It’s crazy that with a three man rotation that the goaltending has been as good as it is.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It’s crazy that with a three man rotation that the goaltending has been as good as it is.
Yep, Marty St-Louis working his magics, he is a players coach and the players delievers without complaining. That team lacks skills, they shouldnt be where they are, but they are working pretty hard and never give up. Apparently MSL isnt a big fan of tanking, cant really blame him, he is trying to develop a winning culture.

Reactions: Shred and HabbyGuy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The single point losses have killed us from that perspective.
I remember NJD talking about how many games they were in the 2021-22 season yet ended up miles away from a post season spot.
FF to the following year they break out for 100+ points. That's how fast things can happen when young teams remain in games while rebuilding.
We don't have their talent quotient but if we hang around .500 all year that's a huge win for me.

Yep, Marty St-Louis working his magics, he is a players coach and the players delievers without complaining. That team lacks skills, they shouldnt be where they are, but they are working pretty hard and never give up. Apparently MSL isnt a big fan of tanking, cant really blame him, he is trying to develop a winning culture.
Yeah he wasn't last season either and it hurt. It's not his job to tank anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabbyGuy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I remember NJD talking about how many games they were in the 2021-22 season yet ended up miles away from a post season spot.
FF to the following year they break out for 100+ points. Thats how fast things can happen when young teams remain in games while rebuilding.
We don't have their talent quotient but if we hang around .500 all year that's a huge win for me.
I thought we’d be bottom ten at the start of the year. When Dach went down I thought… top five. And honestly that’s how we’ve played.

Goalies have been great and we’ve pulled points out from losses. I don’t expect that to continue but we’ll see.

We have so much talent that isn’t even on the roster yet. And we’ve had two top sixers we traded for get hurt just as they were heatIng up. Add in CC’s slump and it’s incredible we’re not bottom five already.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
FF to the following year they break out for 100+ points. Thats how fast things can happen when young teams remain in games while rebuilding.

Yeah he wasn't last season either and it hurt. It's not his job to tank anyways.
And we’re where we are with a stopgap goalie rotation, key injuries and CC and Anderson MIA.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
And we’re where we are with a stopgap goalie rotation, key injuries and CC and Anderson MIA.
Cc is still playing really well and getting points. Huge disappointment on the goals but he’s at least playing well. Glad Slaf has had a spurt of points, he deserved it.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Speaking of humility (@waitin425) , since Slafkovsky is soaring and enjoying exponential, parabolic growth (@Jaynki) and solved any questions there might be for his production (@Goldenhands) — defying my wrongheaded, and frankly a bit evil, expectations — there’s no harm in waiting a few months before celebrating Slafkovsky, Hughes, and everything Habs. Right? We’re on the right track (@Lafleurs Guy) so no harm in waiting until there’s even MORE success, in an even more definitive manner. Perhaps Slafkovsky will be on pace for over 29pts in a few weeks, then we can really start crowdfunding the statue to Kent Hughes for his genius.
No, you have no moral right to call for 'waiting...' ;)
You sentenced Slaf based on his Liiga numbers.
Pure dishonesty, right? :D

Reactions: Heffyhoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad