Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I agree. I think Suzuki's first few strides may be quicker. But I'd give the edge to Slaf in top end speed.
We’ve seen 14 zip ip the ice too… I think he just choses not to Lol

I’ll say Slaf seems easily above average nhl speed and looks real confident. He’s cutting the ice real nice on rush coverage and his reach is huge. Isn’t that stuff tracked somehow with ai magic machines nowadays? I saw someone post top skater speeds this year which I don’t understand.

Suzuki is also good at using his mass to shield the puck and not freak out; good guy to emulate.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
For me Slaf reminds me a bit of John Leclair. His coming out in 1993 cup win and then the stupid trade. I'm super happy for Slaf and hope he keeps building his game. I'm getting old 1993 was so long ago lol. Some players games are more suited for the NHL rather than the AHL and Struble is a reminder of that. I remember when a young Chris Chelios played his first season in 1984 and was a big part of 1986 cup win. It's too early to make any comparisons for Struble but he does seem to have some offensive flair. Its been 30 years since we had some young kids to be excited about. As I type this Lane Hutson had a sick assist for 1st goal against Canada. Future is looking good if they keep developing.
I was fortunate enough to be in Fredericton during their 91-92 season and Leclair got sent down for a bit- Leclair was an absolute beast in the AHL during his time there.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We’ve seen 14 zip ip the ice too… I think he just choses not to Lol

I’ll say Slaf seems easily above average nhl speed and looks real confident. He’s cutting the ice real nice on rush coverage and his reach is huge. Isn’t that stuff tracked somehow with ai magic machines nowadays? I saw someone post top skater speeds this year which I don’t understand.

Suzuki is also good at using his mass to shield the puck and not freak out; good guy to emulate.
It's tracked by NHL Edge tech and the data is available online: NHL EDGE Puck and Player Tracking Statistics - Home

Reactions: Naslundforever

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
IMG_2539.png

For fun
IMG_2540.png

edit _ Juraj ahead of Newhook who clocked a 22.2mph

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
For Slaf to have a 50 point ceiling with his size, skating and skill he’d have to be dumber than RJ Umberger’s face
I predicted that he would be a 50-60 point player and many experts said that he would be a good second-line player so I'm not sure if it's me you are throwing shade at here. If he does end up being more than that it would be great for the team and the fanbase but if he is a 50-60 point forward that is hell to play against and wears down the opposition that is also a win.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I predicted that he would be a 50-60 point player and many experts said that he would be a good second-line player so I'm not sure if it's me you are throwing shade at here. If he does end up being more than that it would be great for the team and the fanbase but if he is a 50-60 point forward that is hell to play against and wears down the opposition that is also a win.

You might be in there a bit but trust me you certainly aren’t the only one. People were saying 40 points if we’re lucky awhile ago.

And more so I meant ceiling. I should’ve used that word specifically. He could cap out at 50. It’s possible. I wouldn’t bet on that myself but it’s possible.

But if you or anyone is saying 50 his ceiling then that’s nonsense. Plus 50 points isn’t what it used to be. People seem to be projecting like 10 years ago totals. 50 would be abysmal. Sure he brings more than points but never exceeding 50 would not be optimal.

Playing in men’s leagues in draft years and after makes projections tricky. But this guy would’ve destroyed any CHL league and we wouldn’t be saying 40-50 point ceilings

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You might be in there a bit but trust me you certainly aren’t the only one. People were saying 40 points if we’re lucky awhile ago.

And more so I meant ceiling. I should’ve used that word specifically. He could cap out at 50. It’s possible. I wouldn’t bet on that myself but it’s possible.

But if you or anyone is saying 50 his ceiling then that’s nonsense. Plus 50 points isn’t what it used to be. People seem to be projecting like 10 years ago totals. 50 would be abysmal. Sure he brings more than points but never exceeding 50 would not be optimal.

Playing in men’s leagues in draft years and after makes projections tricky. But this guy would’ve destroyed any CHL league and we wouldn’t be saying 40-50 point ceilings
I just predicted 50-60 points in the same way I predicted that Caufield was a 30-40 goal scorer, my words mean nothing on a message board just like yours or any other poster here. I like to temper expectations when it comes to any young player, if they exceed my expectations I'm happy, and I'll leave it at that. I am enjoying what I am seeing from Slaf and many of our young players right now and heres to hoping it continues.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I just predicted 50-60 points in the same way I predicted that Caufield was a 30-40 goal scorer, my words mean nothing on a message board just like yours or any other poster here. I like to temper expectations when it comes to any young player, if they exceed my expectations I'm happy, and I'll leave it at that. I am enjoying what I am seeing from Slaf and many of our young players right now and heres to hoping it continues.
Amen

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Went to bed early before the 5-goals and missed the Slafkovsky parade. Nice surprise to wake up to! It's not a coincidence Suzuki is heating up at the same time Slafkovsky's getting stronger.

Before the season, I was hoping for 30-points in Slaf's first full year. After his slow start, I lowered my expectations to 10 points by the end of 2023. He's at 12 and counting. Since November he's been at a .5 PPG pace and is absorbing the game like a sponge. He's back on pace for that 30-point season and might even surpass it.

The kid is still a mystery box, but I'm feeling a lot better about him becoming part of our future core.
He will surpass 30 pts with ease. Only needs to roll at a 0.57 PPG pace to reach 40 pts. Would need to be demoted on another line or getting bumped from the top PP unit to not reach the 40 pts mark, or getting injured of course.

Reactions: Pomee

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

That’s totally fine. I don’t necessarily temper mine if I believe in a player. If I’m wrong and overshoot it, it’s not the end of the world to me. And trust me I’ve done it plenty lol. But what I found that is that I lived another day despite it.

It’s fun being enthusiastic about prospects. But sure that’s my bias or fault. I’ve overrated plenty and probably still do.

I meant no disrespect to you as a person but again I wasn’t singling you out. Plenty of people have echoed your projection.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
This guy scared the crap out of me. The first year and a bit had me convinced we messed up the pick and did him no favours with development. I’ve never seen a 1st overall show not even glimpses of the player he was suppose to be over a period of time that long regardless of age. He’s figuring it out now and it’s relieving. I’ve been super hard on him when it comes to production but it seems that’s starting to come too. It’s nice to exhale.
Joe Thornton

Reactions: calder candidate

boxbox

Sep 8, 2022
I am not saying this because of the recent back to back multi-point games nor do I consider my self to be some kind of expert but if he shows willingness and continues to improve and develop as he has its hard to consider his ceiling to be that of 2nd line player or 50-60 point player. I mean Juraj is still in his teens and far from a finished product ; I legit laugh everytime I read that just because how big he is all around for a kid his age ; very likely not done growing considering males in general reach their peak muscle development around age 25...

The HABS are a work in progress. Its a young team with some skilled players but hardly oozzzing with talent top to bottom. 24th goals for, 25th goals against, 24th PP, 28th PK. Like I said work in progress.
The players and the team as a whole will improve and with that so will the players production....The HABS are in good hands with K. Hughes as the GM. As the saying goes "good things come to those who wait". Kudos to the coaches and the oragnization for being patient and showing patience with him and his development.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Where the advanced statistician who had the pretty graphic predicting that Slaf had a 2% chance of being a star, or whatever it was?

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If someone sees @ReHabs somewhere, PLZ tell him that his posts are being missed alot over here, this thread has become too optimistic, needs more negativity and spices to make things interesting... :sarcasm:

The sad fail of the rational based on flawed analytic models. Analytics are great and help scouts to make some parts of their job easier, but those datas are only complementary to exhaustive players evaluations.

As much as Ive been bothered by Rehabs posts, I still have faith that the Habs fan in him will eventually range on the positive side of the force. :nod:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad