Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It seems like the breathing and conditioning training he did in the summer really worked. Obviously he’s not getting winded halfway through his shifts anymore, and last year he seemed to have a quite obvious drop in play in the 2nd game of a back-to-back. He looked phenomenal both of these last games.
Can we send Gallagher to the same coach?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If the Slaf we've been seeing is here to stay - and I think he is... he's likely to just keep getting better - I don't think the playoffs aren't as far off as some would believe. He brings such a needed element to that top line. He makes Suzuki better. He makes space for Cole.

Having a legitimate - not elite albeit (yet?) - first line completely changes the look of the team.

I certainly look forward to see what they can do once Caufield’s shoulder is 100%.

Man it feels good to draft a player i actually enjoy watching in the top 3.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I have to admit, he’s coming around much faster than I thought he would 10-15 games ago.

He is beginning to look like that elite player we’ve been missing all these years. To see this much progress over a such a small sample is amazing. I hope he continues this path because I had a 30/30 ceiling on him and that’s looking like it could be way off if he continues at this rate.

He still needs to improve his release big time, but hopefully that will come with time.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Too bad, I can't watch games because of work. But I'm happy that Slaf play well like that and have points right now (4 pts in 2 games).

Great progression, but he have much more in him, this guy will be such a beast, in 2 years, he will produce big numbers!!

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
After last nights game....the only "busting" in this thread should be.......

Randy Marsh South Park GIF - Randy Marsh South Park Cum - Discover & Share  GIFs

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Too bad, I can't watch games because of work. But I'm happy that Slaf play well like that and have points right now (4 pts in 2 games).

Great progression, but he have much more in him, this guy will be such a beast, in 2 years, he will produce big numbers!!
I am reminded of the Peter Mahovlich progression! Would be lovely if Slaf turns out that way!!!!!

Reactions: Habs10Habs

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He creates ton of time and space for Suzuki/Caufield with his forecheck, board work, pucks retrievals and cover a large part of the ice with his skating, positioning, long reach, motor ect.. He is already a 200 ft. beast and a pain in the ass to handle for the opposition. His awarenesses are also getting better and better around the net.

We are watching a special powerfoward grows and develop in front of our eyes. At least, for those who can see it...

Or choose to…

Reactions: HabsMD97 and Pomee

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Went to bed early before the 5-goals and missed the Slafkovsky parade. Nice surprise to wake up to! It's not a coincidence Suzuki is heating up at the same time Slafkovsky's getting stronger.

Before the season, I was hoping for 30-points in Slaf's first full year. After his slow start, I lowered my expectations to 10 points by the end of 2023. He's at 12 and counting. Since November he's been at a .5 PPG pace and is absorbing the game like a sponge. He's back on pace for that 30-point season and might even surpass it.

The kid is still a mystery box, but I'm feeling a lot better about him becoming part of our future core.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I asked Slaf in this thread earlier to score a couple of points in the b2b, didn't expect a 4 point performance. He's learning to score net front goals which is awesome, hopefully his shot can be improved to add to his skill-set, because at this point he's basically improved in every other facet of the game.

Also, is it just me or is Slaf the fastest player on his line by a noticeable amount? I don't mean for his size.
Suzuki can skate faster than Slaf, but maybe not for as long and he might not do it as often. Caufield is the slowest of the 3.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Suzuki goal exemplifies what the kid understands of the game already: 1. D-zone exit to neutral zone, sees he’s getting boxed to the boards by the D, chooses the dump and chase (not every young player understands this); 2. Puck in the corner, good pressure by tit-cul, 22-14-20 boxing in the puck carrier (perfect triangle), who fumbles and passes it to…Slaf. Slaf has Tinordi (not a shrimp) and the puck fumbler on his back, protects masterfully the puck to pass it crisply to tit-cul. After the goalie save, Tinordi tries to regain his position in front of the net, but Slaf plays the man to a tee, blocking Tinordi (who even falls down) and Suzuki picks up the puck like a ripe fruit, easy peasy.

Kid understands the game. Pretty amazing for an 19 year old.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Montreal didn't help him any by throwing to the wolves too early. He could have been developing a high level of confidence over the last little while outside the NHL. Either way - I'm glad he's in a good little stretch (which he hadn't had in the NHL before now). Hopefully it continues, and he carves out a great career.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Montreal didn't help him any by throwing to the wolves too early. He could have been developing a high level of confidence over the last little while outside the NHL. Either way - I'm glad he's in a good little stretch (which he hadn't had in the NHL before now). Hopefully it continues, and he carves out a great career.
This is just double down talk.

It would be way more accurate to say that it was (some PTSD) FANS who were damaged by the decision to have him learn the game for 54 games or so in the NHL under MSL alongside the Suzukis and Guhles, and against wolves.

The Suzuki goal exemplifies what the kid understands of the game already: 1. D-zone exit to neutral zone, sees he’s getting boxed to the boards by the D, chooses the dump and chase (not every young player understands this); 2. Puck in the corner, good pressure by tit-cul, 22-14-20 boxing in the puck carrier (perfect triangle), who fumbles and passes it to…Slaf. Slaf has Tinordi (not a shrimp) and the puck fumbler on his back, protects masterfully the puck to pass it crisply to tit-cul. After the goalie save, Tinordi tries to regain his position in front of the net, but Slaf plays the man to a tee, blocking Tinordi (who even falls down) and Suzuki picks up the puck like a ripe fruit, easy peasy.

Kid understands the game. Pretty amazing for an 19 year old.
He needs to score three points per game to justify his 1OA status. Fire Bobrov!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad