Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
When you are surrounded by a group of veteran forwards who can't score no wonder Slaf only has 7 points. He is playing so much better than his numbers show.

I have never seen a more putrid group of forwards assembled on one team.
San Jose is worse

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
How could anyone possibly know the answer to that question,it's silly to even ask that.
Can you prove one way or the other what would be if it were to have been?No you can't,nobody can.
I just looked at his stats. 2 goals 5 assists and -7. after 29 games. Does this seem like impressive stats to you?
You originally said: "There are so many takes floating around,some are hilarious and at the same time you wonder if lack of lucidity plays a roll. He's just a young kid getting going and it'll take time to see his mature game. Sure he should have started elsewhere last season and perhaps this one,but look at this management team and the things they do.lol"

Can you prove "He sure should have started elsewhere..."?
I hope you understand what I am trying to point out.
My comment is silly and yours is not? Right... :)

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah exactly. He passes so well and he's showing he can carry the puck. The shooting woes will get better as he just needs more experience/reps in game to learn how to do it better.
I hope by the end of the season he's comfortable being that guy on PP1.
I like Suzuki but having that freight train coming at you full speed will back off defenders.
He'e the one player we have who can drive them deep then curl up for time and space.
Hey Nicholas you listening because this is on you.

Reactions: themilosh

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Galchenyuk didn’t let people down at all. When used properly he produced and so did the team overall. He was just really badly misused most of the time.

As has been discussed many times, Therrien was the absolute worst coach at the worst time for a young team. Not only was he terrible tactically he was a bully and all around jackass.

Chuck is responsible for his own decisions and whatever happened in his own personal life. But we not only didn’t help him, we hurt him by badly misusing him and creating a terrible environment.

I’ll never sit here and say Larry Robinson would’ve been a magic bullet for that team, but there’s no doubt he would’ve helped.

I continue to be shocked that people w could watch the 2016 season and STILL defend that idiot coach. If you don’t get it by now you never will. Worst coaching I’ve ever seen.
We agree on this LG, I think Therrien was the worst coach the Habs ever had. That being said, I still don’t know if Galchenyuk makes it even if their paths never cross. I suspect his chances are better, but even some of the “good” coaches tend to rely on veterans at the expense of their youth.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Galchenyuk doesn’t make it regardless. With that attitude he only has himself to blame. Also the fact he was completely incapable of moving his feet while stick handling.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We agree on this LG, I think Therrien was the worst coach the Habs ever had. That being said, I still don’t know if Galchenyuk makes it even if their paths never cross. I suspect his chances are better, but even some of the “good” coaches tend to rely on veterans at the expense of their youth.

Galchenyuk doesn’t make it regardless. With that attitude he only has himself to blame. Also the fact he was completely incapable of moving his feet while stick handling.
I don’t want to hijack the thread anymore than has already happened. I agree with you both he had his own issues. Let’s just leave it at that.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Glad they gave Slaf an assist
On the phone with Amex for a chargeback..

Some people just enjoy being contrarians and they will constantly move the goal post so that they can always be "right".
I don’t think I’ve said a single contrarian thing about Slafkovsky or my expectations of him or whatever it was the Habs would’ve picked with the coveted 1OA pick. I’ve definitely not shifted any goalposts or any desired outcomes. Don’t use terms you scarcely understand.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
You see the progress. However, you just wish he could process/react faster, improve his decision making and trust his shot. All in good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad