Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Had several nice setups tonight. I'd like to see him shoot the puck a lot more. Wasn't perfect but it was a pretty good game from him. Should've had some points tonight.
He played “heavy” tonight if that makes any sense.…man would it be nice to see Dach in the middle of Slaf and Caufield though.

This isn’t how young players are brought along. Any other player would’ve been sent down a year ago and never been put in this position. It’s not Slafkovsky’s fault.
He's here and doesn't seem to be going anywhere whether we like it or not.

At what point can the conversation move onto something else though? Seems like we’re there…

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Terrible puck management tonight. Otherwise, he did do some good things.

Sadly we dont want him to do some good things, we want him to be a top 6 forward. Down he should go.
1699759173118.png

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He played “heavy@ tonight if that makes any sense.…man would it be nice to see Dach in the middle of Slaf and Caufield though.

At what point can the conversation move onto something else though? Seems like we’re there…
Reminds me a little of Suzuki during his slump last year in that he just doesn't shoot enough. Suzuki's shots have been up recently and... he's getting points.

Reactions: Pomee and 417

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He played “heavy” tonight if that makes any sense.…man would it be nice to see Dach in the middle of Slaf and Caufield though.

The conversation can move on when either Slaf improves or management finally steps in and does something with him. If neither of those two things happen, we’ll likely all be sitting here arguing until we get a definitive answer on where his career is going. Lol

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna

I agree. We have ourselves a player. For 19 and under 60 games and a Euro to boot, his game is starting to mature. Long gone are the head-down hits against. I can't wait to rub it in hard once the stat sheet starts to catch-up. And it will. I won't let anyone off the hook.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Sarcasm! If he can use his frame to hit and win puck battles, Slaf can continue to build confidence/momentum. People are disappointed that he was a number 1 pick in a weak draft year. So far, Cooley is trending well, but do Habs want another 5'10" (174 lbs) player on the second or third line! Not sure many first overall pick can survive the Montreal media/fan scrutiny. It would have been nice to draft first overall in 2021 (Owen Power or Matt Berniers at #2) or 2023 (Bedard), but Habs drafted 1 in 2022. Good to accept it as it cannot be changed.
Yea! who needs small Patrick Kane types when instead, we can draft Chad Kilgers 1st overall!

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I agree. We have ourselves a player. For 19 and under 60 games and a Euro to boot, his game is starting to mature. Long gone are the head-down hits against. I can't wait to rub it in hard once the stat sheet starts to catch-up. And it will. I won't let anyone off the hook.
For the record; every one wants the guy to dominate and become a superstar.

I don’t even think it’s up for debate… you’ll just be cheering amongst other Habs fan and we’ll high five ‘til our hands fall off.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

If/when it happens, I fully consent to you rubbing it in on me hard, as you mentioned.

For the record; every one wants the guy to dominate and become a superstar.

I don’t even think it’s up for debate… you’ll just be cheering amongst other Habs fan and we’ll high five ‘til our hands fall off.

Right.

I was originally gonna post that, as it should be obvious, we're all Hab fans and we all want every player and the team to succeed... lol

Reactions: ReHabs

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Really?

Wow.

So as Hab fans we should just nod and blindly agree with everything Management is doing?

Got it.
If we agree with their decision based on our own assessment and believe in the plan, of course we should. Why? Should we go against our own assessments just because some internet dude, like you, says so? Nah...

Reactions: Pomee

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If we agree with their decision based on our own assessment and believe in the plan, of course we should. Why? Should we go against our own assessments just because some internet dude, like you, says so? Nah...

Okay,

And if we feel the player should be in the AHL instead playing 20mins minutes and a game and not just 1st and 2nd periods?

It makes us 'HaTeRz'?

Reactions: Saxon and Pegasus75

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He doesn’t score goals, he doesn’t set up plays and he’s mediocre defensively despite what people around here sell you. Why would any coach play him in the third period of a close game?
I don't know how anyone could watch tonight's game and think he doesn't set anything up. Made several great passes included a tape to tape one timer for CC. He had a good game tonight. 2nd in 3 games since going up with CC. I don't get why the hell they put both these guys with Dvorak though.

In any event, he's got to shoot more. If he makes that adjustment I think he'll see much better results.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The conversation can move on when either Slaf improves or management finally steps in and does something with him. If neither of those two things happen, we’ll likely all be sitting here arguing until we get a definitive answer on where his career is going. Lol
Thing is…he’s played very well the last 2 games, but that's drowned out by the repeated “he should be in the AHL” discussion.

I mean, how much more can we say about that at this point? Everywhere you look or listen, radio, tv, Twitter, etc, it's the same repeated thing as nauseum.

Meanwhile we can't even discuss his actual play because it's secondary to “he should be in the AHL”.

Disregard everything else, just look at tonight...he played a good game, can we discuss that?

Or because he didn't get a goal or assist tonight, hey let's talk about how he should be in the AHL again...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thing is…he’s played very well the last 2 games, but that's drowned out by the repeated “he should be in the AHL” discussion.

I mean, how much more can we say about that at this point? Everywhere you look or listen, radio, tv, Twitter, etc, it's the same repeated thing as nauseum.

Meanwhile we can't even discuss his actual play because it's secondary to “he should be in the AHL”.

Disregard everything else, just look at tonight...he played a good game, can we discuss that?

Or because he didn't get a goal or assist tonight, hey let's talk about how he should be in the AHL again...
I didn't see enough of our last game to comment. But he was really good his first night on the first line and he was good tonight. Definitely a lot better than earlier this year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not even thinking that far, but after a rough stretch, he's been solid the last 2 games.

Can we discuss what adjustments we’re seeing that's he’s made? Or what he needs to do more of? Anything else will do at this point lol.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I'm pretty sure everyone wants him to actually succeed and if/when he does they will be happy to eat crow.
Well, I'd certainly hope so. But it doesn't seem like that sometimes. I see the mistakes and where there is definite room for improvement. But I see many positives I find encouraging too. And lastly, I think they're making the right decision growing him in the NHL vs AHL. Time will ultimately tell...

Reactions: River Meadow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad