Proposal: JT Miller to Carolina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Like, a geeky, overweight, short nice guy with lots of pimples asking a 10/10 fashion model out 'not a chance'

or more like

A slightly above average guy asking a 6/10 bartender lady with 11 cats out 'not a chance'?

How far off are we?
The combination of Slavin and Pesce happens to be the primary reason the Canes allowed the fewest goals in the NHL last season, he's not much for offense but he ls a critical part of our success.... so 10/10 fashion mode.

Reactions: Tryamw

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
The combination of Slavin and Pesce happens to be the primary reason the Canes allowed the fewest goals in the NHL last season, he's not much for offense but he ls a critical part of our success.... so 10/10 fashion mode.
Fair enough.

How much for Ethan Bear, then?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Oh ya such a bad contract and player to trade for as a pending UFA at the TDL...the same player who has posted over a ppg over the last 3 years and could be dealt with 50% retention to have more suitors that may try to acquire him.

JT is not gonna bring back a massive haul but a young player/prospect and 2023 1st is very possible with say another pick with conditions on it.

Heck, JT could end up a Laff, probably gets them over the 1st round exits they continue to have!
I'd worry about making playoffs before making fun of another franchise for their first round exits.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Mikheyev's contract is like half of what Miller's contract will be. And they aren't really competing for the same money, they'll be playing totally different roles.

It's more Miller vs Horvat if anything.

And he may not be "garbage" in 3 years but of course you're paying for his prime and then living with whatever happens after that, but sometimes that's the price you pay as a contender if you're going all in.
LOL, no. All you are saying is you believe Miller is about to fall off a cliff.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why do Canucks fans think they'd get an insane haul for Miller when no one has been willing to pay that yet?

I'm not a Canuck's fan, but feel it's very likely he at least gets a late 1st and a decent prospect at a minimum at the trade deadline. Most contending teams already have cap issues so making a Miller trade work is going to be a challenge, but will be easier at the deadline with accrued cap space. Cap space is why Kadri and other UFAs are still out there as well.

My guess is Van. has set the price higher than what they can get at the deadline and if nobody meets it, they'll wait until the deadline. The only risk is JT getting injured.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
I'd worry about making playoffs before making fun of another franchise for their first round exits.
If he's referring to the Canes he should become better informed, we have had one first round exit the last four years.... and that was after sweeping the Rangers in the play in.

Reactions: Tryamw

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
No, actually I never said that.

It's just a gamble, as it is with most players entering their mid-30's.
He’s not going to fall off a cliff but not useful for the Canucks in 3 years. Ok. Sounds like a player no one wants to sign to a long term deal, not just the Canucks.

Reactions: Viqsi

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
He’s not going to fall off a cliff but not useful for the Canucks in 3 years. Ok. Sounds like a player no one wants to sign to a long term deal, not just the Canucks.

His prime is presumably the next 2-3 years and the Canucks don't look like they will contend for those 2-3 years with or without him.

But he can definitely help a team that is currently a contender and is aiming to be one for the next 2-3 years.

How hard is that to grasp my man?

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
His prime is presumably the next 2-3 years and the Canucks don't look like they will contend for those 2-3 years with or without him.

But he can definitely help a team that is currently a contender and is aiming to be one for the next 2-3 years.

How hard is that to grasp my man?
Who is a fit For this type of nonsense? What does his contract look like?

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

And if Miller was willing to sign a 2-year extension max, then this approach might have merit. Otherwise, it's a team that is aiming to be one for only 2-3 years rather than further along.

So you have to find a team that:
1) still reckons itself a legit contender despite an older core, but not for much longer
2) needs help at C
3) does not care about any later years on the contract
4) has youth and or futures value they're willing to give up to Vancouver to make this happen (as opposed to keeping those guys themselves for the inevitable rebuild after 2-3 years)
5) will have the cap space to extend him (and which he would be interested in playing for).

How many teams exist out there for which all of those will apply? The only ones I can possibly think of that might work are Calgary and Nashville. That said, I'd be dubious about condition #4 for both of those teams. Boston might have hypothetically applied, but they opted to bring back Bergeron and Krejci instead and they never had much cap to work with in any case.

The alternative is One Year Rental. Many teams can and/or will be able to afford that. But then y'all don't get the "core player" haul you're after.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Why...having so many high priced players and still unable to to anything?? Canucks have won more playoff series in the same amount of time, how sad is that...!?!?

If he's referring to the Canes he should become better informed, we have had one first round exit the last four years.... and that was after sweeping the Rangers in the play in.
I am NOT referring to the Canes, they are my favourite team if I had to choose one outside of the Canucks

He was referring to the Leafs (called them Laffs)
Indeed I did, because the are the laffing stock of the NHL, great regular season and always get ALL the Canadian media attention and fail year after year after year after year in round 1...

Reactions: StorminSnvechnAho

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
With Paciorety going on LTIR it opens up a big hole in Carolina's lineup

To Carolina : JT Miller

To Vancouver: Martin Necas, Jack Drury, 2023 1st
The Canes were doing a fine job without Pacioretty. Where’s this hole you’re talking about?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
The Canes were doing a fine job without Pacioretty. Where’s this hole you’re talking about?
They lost a combined 45 goals and 95 points in Trocheck/Niederreiter. And although they should see some internal improvement from Jarvis/Kotka/Necas, those two were legit top 6 forwards that they haven't replaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad