Player Discussion JT Miller Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
you dont think 112 pts and +32 with the team 2nd OA being the top scorer matching up against top lines is worthy of putting him in MVP conversation?
I dont think he should be in the MVP conversation no.

Are you prorating his stats or starting counting from some spot last year..?

Also, what does that have to do with what you replied to?

I think what FAN is getting at is that there are people that still think the trade is bad. I'm sure there are alot of people that think the trade is good but it was too risky at the time.
I dont know about risky.

The only way the trade makes sense at all is if we legitimately contend for the cup during Millers prime.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Mogilny would be a good comparable if he scored 40+ goals in his time here. If he managed to stay healthy and we had a competent C for him I think Mogilny would have done really well here.

Kesler never produced like Miller but how he left left a sour taste. If he didn't go to Anaheim I would say Kesler got/would have gotten more love than Miller has thus far.

Like even if we are talking about an offensive production per dollar context, Miller has outperformed his AAV (or at least provided reasonable value) every single year he has been here.
Mogilny had 55 goals his first season here.

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Can't believe there were fans who actually tried to defend the extension. Even if Miller played at a PPG pace, it was absolutely the type of move a directionless team makes. It has aged even worse than expected.

Contract hasn't even started yet and already looking like the worst in franchise history.

(Yes I'm being dramatic, but Millers performance to start the season is very concerning).

maybe we could trade him for futures

I hate this guy more than Mark Messier. Officially the most hated Canuck and the fans are rightfully going to chase this guy out of town.

He needs to get moved ASAP. He's clearly a distraction that is all but guaranteed to be the rift in the dressing room.

Really frustrating the team extended this guy for 7 years and it won't even kick in until he's 30. This franchise just continues to make bad decision after bad decision. His extension is going to be a disaster and an anchor for this team that will cost us players. Total waste of cap.

Can you buy out a contract before it starts?

I actually f***ing hate this guy. Lmao. Just despise him. Such a loser.

It was dumb to trade for him in the first place. He excelled with points for 3 years and was good when not being a lazy bozo when things didnt go well. That made us go from bad to mediocre. He gets his retirement contract a few months to a year early and things dont go well and he completely checks out. With increasing rumours of a team rift and cliques school drama, did the team do any exit interviews at the end of seasons with players? All we hear are ex players trashing the Drs, management, and players. The team is rotten and it starts at the top with criminal ownership

Remember 7 weeks ago when new mgmt signed him another 7 years 56 million

Miller’s performance is disrespectful he doesn’t even look game shape and he’s supposed to be one of the more prominent leaders. The most prominent to some fans.

Anyways , I don’t care if it’s bad look , trade this hidden foe before the NMC kicks in and save this franchise from a heartbreaking forced hand that’s inevitable with bad value contracts like his.

Send him to Abby. Yeah, he will still get his NHL money but at least he won't be an active detriment to the Canucks. Maybe he'll learn something from the experience. Doubtful, but there are no good choices left with this guy.

Who would want to add *him?

I'm sure he will play better than these first games, regain some value and MAYBE can be moved at the TDL.

Either way we need to get rid of him before the year.
Because if we do pick top5, good chance that players getting paid after ELC and Pettersson would already be paid by then.

And who the f*** knows what JT is thinking and if he would ever waive and who knows how negative his value becomes at that point in the future.
This contract can become negative very quick, say Miller doesn’t give the clown act up by trade deadline. Then we are really f***ed.

Man, the first page is a doozy.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I dont think he should be in the MVP conversation no.

Are you prorating his stats or starting counting from some spot last year..?

Also, what does that have to do with what you replied to?

I dont know about risky.

The only way the trade makes sense at all is if we legitimately contend for the cup during Millers prime.
:laugh:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Can't believe there were fans who actually tried to defend the extension. Even if Miller played at a PPG pace, it was absolutely the type of move a directionless team makes. It has aged even worse than expected.
Contract hasn't even started yet and already looking like the worst in franchise history.

(Yes I'm being dramatic, but Millers performance to start the season is very concerning).
He needs to get moved ASAP. He's clearly a distraction that is all but guaranteed to be the rift in the dressing room.
Really frustrating the team extended this guy for 7 years and it won't even kick in until he's 30. This franchise just continues to make bad decision after bad decision. His extension is going to be a disaster and an anchor for this team that will cost us players. Total waste of cap.
It was dumb to trade for him in the first place. He excelled with points for 3 years and was good when not being a lazy bozo when things didnt go well. That made us go from bad to mediocre. He gets his retirement contract a few months to a year early and things dont go well and he completely checks out. With increasing rumours of a team rift and cliques school drama, did the team do any exit interviews at the end of seasons with players? All we hear are ex players trashing the Drs, management, and players. The team is rotten and it starts at the top with criminal ownership
He didnt give a f*** the year before last season.

Also didnt give a f*** playing for the rangers.

Management bought high on him and we are stuck with him now.

OH MY GOD :laugh:

Turns out we traded the problem at the 2023 trade deadline. Since then, JT Miller has been the straw that stirs the drink.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Thank goodness it ain’t with us and that contract. Miller is what this team needs, not him.
We will see.

If Horvat is still playing fantastic hockey in 4 years and at the same time we have not made a single run at the cup with Miller and he has declined with his physical style of play...

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
At least for me, the argument against Miller was based on aging curves and our teams cup contention timeline.

The current season looks fantastic and if this continues I have no trouble saying I was wrong. I question the sustainability year to year, but less so with every win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Regal

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Every fan of every team hopes at JT Miller show up on their roster.

Mean, tough, plays with a nasty attitude and to top it off he’s an absolute monster at scoring.

We will all look back very fondly of him after he’s peaked. Dude is a current day power forward with skill in every way.

Reactions: bh53 and Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad