Player Discussion JT Miller Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
At least for me, the argument against Miller was based on aging curves and our teams cup contention timeline.

The current season looks fantastic and if this continues I have no trouble saying I was wrong. I question the sustainability year to year, but less so with every win.

...But we know it's unlikely to continue due to aging curves so you're not technically wrong. Miller will age and the value offered on the contract will diminish.
Right now, as a snapshot, he's providing surplus value.

What did he say that was wrong?

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
...But we know it's unlikely to continue due to aging curves so you're not technically wrong. Miller will age and the value offered on the contract will diminish.
Right now, as a snapshot, he's providing surplus value.
But I did not expect us to look like contenders in 2023-24.

That extension makes perfect sense if you are contending for the first ~4years.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
The straw that stirs the drink.

The Horvat vs Miller debates looking at it now, Miller is Jack Daniels with Coke, Horvat is Club Soda with Orange Juice.

Look at Horvat with Islanders this season. He's regressed back being a 30g/60-70p guy again, despite getting huge minutes.

Still don't understand the logic signing the guy to an 8 year x 8.5 million deal. Dude is at best a 7 million dollar player who got hot during a contract year on a high scoring Canucks roster.

And what do you know, once again on a roster on the outside out of the playoffs....

• Haha
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Look at Horvat with Islanders this season. He's regressed back being a 30g/60-70p guy again, despite getting huge minutes.

Still don't understand the logic signing the guy to an 8 year x 8.5 million deal. Dude is at best a 7 million dollar player who got hot during a contract year on a high scoring Canucks roster.

And what do you know, once again on a roster on the outside out of the playoffs....

Eh, he’s on pace for 33 goals and 73 points, and his underlying numbers are stronger than in Van. With the contracts being handed out these days, he’s worth the 8.5. Calgary offered Lindholm 8.5 and Bo is probably the better player. I’m not sure it’ll age well though and obviously Miller is better

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Good grief what would we be paying Miller if he was a pending UFA this summer?

It shouldn't bother me that Pettersson is probably looking at 12 million and Miller is/was a trigger of criticism for this fanbase at 8 million but it does.

And then you have some posters cluttering up the thread with this unrelenting i will be proven right if were not a Champion BS. Embarrassing

JT MIller has 375pts in 342 games as a Canuck and is as good a down low power forward as anyone that has worn a Canuck jersey. He's provided surplus value for every season he's been here and has in the last 5 seasons more impact on deciding games positively than any other Canuck.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

It shouldn't bother me that Pettersson is probably looking at 12 million and Miller is/was a trigger of criticism for this fanbase at 8 million but it does.

And then you have some posters cluttering up the thread with this unrelenting i will be proven right if were not a Champion BS. Embarrassing

JT MIller has 375pts in 342 games as a Canuck and is as good a down low power forward as anyone that has worn a Canuck jersey. He's provided surplus value for every season he's been here.

He'd be getting $11 million per.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019

JT MIller has 375pts in 342 games as a Canuck and is as good a down low power forward as anyone that has worn a Canuck jersey. He's provided surplus value for every season he's been here and has in the last 5 seasons more impact on deciding games positively than any other Canuck.
Team Tank was in their feelings for years because they traded a precious first round pick that turned into Shakir Mukhamadullin, which the team will obviously never recover from because every first round pick becomes a Hall of Famer.

This season doesn't matter because that one single pick could have fortified the team five years from now when Hughes, Pettersson and Demko are washed up and dealt for 10 firsts between them so they could finally begin a proper rebuild.

Jim Benning was a bozo but even a broken clock is right twice a day and the JT Miller trade is one of the best in franchise history.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
When you take out all the bozo and stick-smashing stuff, what Miller has done in his time as a Canuck is nothing short of remarkable. He's been over a PPG in all his seasons other than the Canadian Division year, physically dominant, and one of the best playmakers I've seen wear a Canucks uniform.

Really starting to wonder where he's going to go down on the list of Canucks all-time greats when he's done here. He already has to be pretty high up on the list with what he's already accomplished, especially as he somehow keeps improving his game at the age of 30, which is pretty nuts as the wear and tear that happens with power forwards playing his style of game usually causes their play to start dropping off a cliff around this age.

Reactions: Grantham

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Team Tank was in their feelings for years because they traded a precious first round pick that turned into Shakir Mukhamadullin, which the team will obviously never recover from because every first round pick becomes a Hall of Famer.

This season doesn't matter because that one single pick could have fortified the team five years from now when Hughes, Pettersson and Demko are washed up and dealt for 10 firsts between them so they could finally begin a proper rebuild.

Jim Benning was a bozo but even a broken clock is right twice a day and the JT Miller trade is one of the best in franchise history.
Thanks for the laugh. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are doing a fantastic parody of the classic HFposters who intentionally misunderstand the positions other poster here hold.

Keep at it. Comedy gold.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Nothing wrong with Hughes as Captain especially seeing how he elevated his game after getting the C, but man Miller really does look like our leader out there, in every sense of it: On ice leadership, emotional leader, vocal leader, you name it.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Tocchet couldn't say enough about Miller's game against the B's in his post-game presser. We all saw it....he basically took over the third period. What a competitor and what a leader!
Probably the best game he has ever played.

He had 8 hits before the second was over?

And we got that vintage PP drive from left wing.

Nothing wrong with Hughes as Captain especially seeing how he elevated his game after getting the C, but man Miller really does look like our leader out there, in every sense of it: On ice leadership, emotional leader, vocal leader, you name it.
He is too volatele for the C and has previousy had some serious meltdowns when facing adversity.

Tocchet has helped with those issues a ton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad