Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we’d brought him into the NHL and he played five mins a night, that would be a waste. An MVP type season isn’t bad. Next year he can go to the AHL and we’ll see how he does.
Once they reach dominate peak, usually develop better career at next level. Kempe be example. Just been redundant season for Roy.

Reactions: Habs4Life

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I say we calm down with the sacrifices.

Maybe we can trade a few mirrors and gun powder.

4101852.gif
How many prospects do you need to sacrifice to the hockey gods for them to grant MTL 1OA ?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
An unproven prospect without a high pedigree and some glaring flaws won't get the Habs enough in trade to be worth it, and we have a development staff that has lots of confidence in themselves now. There is way more to gain by keeping him.
‘Unproven’, ‘without a high pedigree’ and ‘glaring flaws’ sounds like a player the fans should be excited about. I guess other players have overcome such limitations. All we can do is hope Roy is another one.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Habs have a ton of potential middle six players, from Kidney to Roy to Heinemen to RHP to Ylonen to Farrell to Mesar. As fans, we're going to have a ton of fun debating the merits of each, and hopefully eventually watching Hughes trade four quarters for a dollar.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
What is this kid's biggest weakness?
Skating, by all reports.

At some point, Roy had the reputation of someone who sat on his talent. I am impressed that he acknowledged it, addressed it, and actually backed it up - he has been phenomenal ever since. Shows a lot of caracter to me.

He is also surprisingly responsible defensively. Looking forward to seeing his upside.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The Habs have a ton of potential middle six players, from Kidney to Roy to Heinemen to RHP to Ylonen to Farrell to Mesar. As fans, we're going to have a ton of fun debating the merits of each, and hopefully eventually watching Hughes trade four quarters for a dollar.
In hockey, guys can overcome expectations and they can also fall short.

In this group, there may be a prospect that ends up being a first liner. If you trade a bunch for better players, you may miss out on the really good youngster.

My money is on Roy, as he has consistently shown an ability to raise his game to another level when challenged.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

In this group, there may be a prospect that ends up being a first liner. If you trade a bunch for better players, you may miss out on the really good youngster.

My money is on Roy, as he has consistently shown an ability to raise his game to another level when challenged.
I agree with you, and this there's no need for Hughes to do anything right now. Perhaps during the summer of 2024.

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020

Imh Roy and Kidney are the only ones with a 1st liner IQ in that list. But they are also the weakest skaters.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Skating, by all reports.

At some point, Roy had the reputation of someone who sat on his talent. I am impressed that he acknowledged it, addressed it, and actually backed it up - he has been phenomenal ever since. Shows a lot of caracter to me.

He is also surprisingly responsible defensively. Looking forward to seeing his upside.
How has his skating been this season? I remember watching him at the World Juniors, and I wasn't impressed with that part of his game at all.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
how stacked are Sherbrooke? would like to see Roy with the Rocket in the playoffs im sure he would have a bigger role then last year
Any CHL team with the best junior player is going to be stacked.

That said best junior player is himself, Roy.

The Pheonix is a pretty good team. Gatineau is maybe a bit deeper and has star power too in Dean, Gendron and Kidney. Especially Kidney lol, 78 points in 35 games since being traded to Gatineau. Insanity. Freaking arcade numbers.

The Q is comparatively very strong this year and has a lot of parity, Sherb, Gatineau, Quebec and Halifax are like 4 of the best 6 teams in the CHL. Seattle, Winnipeg and Ottawa are the other good ones in other leagues, they would rank around Sherb and GAT.

The Habs very well could end up with Roy/Kidney, Benson/Davidson and Mailloux/Beck/Rohrer in the memorial cup.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
How has his skating been this season? I remember watching him at the World Juniors, and I wasn't impressed with that part of his game at all.
I thiink he is average, though I havent been watching closely enough to disagree with folks who estimate it is sub par. Considering his contributions on both sides of the ice, i'd say this is counterbalanced by his vision and positionning; he is always in the right place at hte right time.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The more accurate comparison for him it's Tyler Toffoli, he is going to be a really good top 6 player at NHL level. He have shot, hands, passing ability, two-way ability and he have great work ethic right now. He is a better skater than his previous year... With a good development, he is going to be a good one. I'm high on him, like Beck and Heineman.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
The more accurate comparison for him it's Tyler Toffoli, he is going to be a really good top 6 player at NHL level. He have shot, hands, passing ability, two-way ability and he have great work ethic right now. He is a better skater than his previous year... With a good development, he is going to be a good one. I'm high on him, like Beck and Heineman.
Toffoli must be the consensus comparison for him at this point. He reminds me so much of him. I'd take that from Roy any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad