Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Because I'm a homer I guess lol. I personally believe the Q is as strong as the W, but both are a tad behind the O.

What anyone believes doesn't matter since it's a results driven business, so it comes down to what do the numbers say, if that's what you are looking for as some will just look at the level of play but to me I don't give a f*** about the leagues at the end of the day, I care about the Habs and thus the NHL.

So for me I couldn't care what league is better, I look at what do NHL scouts do, where do they pick most from, where are the most NHLers from, etc...

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
The Memorial Cup at the end of the day is just a short tournament.

To me I look at what the NHL is doing, where do they draft most from and where are they finding the most NHLers.
Strange comment cause in the 70s and 80s.... many more players in the NHL were from Québec but the Q won the memorial Cup once in 1971....

No no.....the Q is as good as the OHL and WHL ..if not they would destroyed the Québec teams at the Memorial cup.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
The one thing about Boston, that no other team was able to do...................get stars to sign cheap and stay for years on end.................it has all just recently changed a bit with McAvoy and Pasta taking huge deals......

The Bruins were able to put most of the team on an internal cap based on Bergeron and Marchand.
I believe that is exactly what Hugo wants to achieve with Caufield, Suzuki and hopefully Dubois. Having your stars love the city and wanting to win enough to accept internal cap structure is how depth is created.

As some poster said, I also see Roy having chemistry with Dach. Very compatible type of game and they'd kill it with Heineman forecheck and blasts from open space. Could play against any top line if the 2 youngsters develop well enough...

RHP with Suzuki and Caufield is my poor Marchand to Bergy/Pasta. Pass first mentality, great puck retriever, solid tips and net presence. Sign him cheap and long term this summer.

Slaf and Dubois are one scary duo. Big ,fast , very skilled... Great exploitation line. Add Andy (for now or *gulp* ... Bedard ) and it's scary for real.

Helluva top 9, best C line in the league, everyone under 25... Nobody signed over 8m.

Let these guys become a family, defend each other like the Bruins do, play the right way and understand their role while our Ds live through growing pains, find your Askarov and watch the dynasty unfold in a couple of years....

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Strange comment cause in the 70s and 80s.... many more players in the NHL were from Québec but the Q won the memorial Cup once in 1971....

No no.....the Q is as good as the OHL and WHL ..if not they would destroyed the Québec teams at the Memorial cup.
I'm talking about now not in the '70's and 80's, things change and for whatever the reason, the Q has fallen behind the OHL and WHL according to the NHL though I would have to look up the numbers as it could be closer then I think it is.

One team winning a short tournament does not mean much of anything as I said it's not about the leagues level of play, it's about where are NHL scouts picking the most from, where are the most NHLers from.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm talking about now not in the '70's and 80's, things change and for whatever the reason, the Q has fallen behind the OHL and WHL according to the NHL though I would have to look up the numbers as it could be closer then I think it is.

One team winning a short tournament does not mean much of anything as I said it's not about the leagues level of play, it's about where are NHL scouts picking the most from, where are the most NHLers from.

Article has a nice visual showing CHL breakdown of first round picks ...

OHL & WHL definitely look to have been outpacing the Q for quite some time

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Q revealed the nominees for all of their trophy awards today.

Roy nominated for MVP.

He's up against Nathan Darveau of Victoriaville & Jordan Dumais of Halifax.

Also nominated for Personality of the Year.

He's up against his coach/GM, Stéphane Julien and Louis Robitaille (coach/GM of Gatineau).

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The Q revealed the nominees for all of their trophy awards today.

Also nominated for Personality of the Year.

He's up against his coach/GM, Stéphane Julien and Louis Robitaille (coach/GM of Gatineau).

Does this award then to go more to coach/GM than players?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wasted a year of his development.
Not true at all. He's following the exact same path as Suzuki did.

U16AAA 2.06 PPG
Junior D-1
U16AAA
2.06 PPG
Junior D-10.73 ppg
Junior D1 PPG
Junior D+11.8 PPG
Junior D+21.8 PPG

U16AAA2.19 PPG
Junior D-1
.6 PPG
Junior D
Junior D+1
Junior D+21.6

Suzuki started playing all situation hockey, just like Roy and he'll be able to carry his team in the POs. It is a very valuable development path.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

There was a higher ratio of OHL,WHL and QMJHL alumni in the NHL in the 70's and 80's because there were far fewer Europeans and Americans in the NHL. The OHL has developed more NHLers than the Q and it is not remotely close.

All three CHL leagues are the top junior leagues in the world, it is perfectly ok to be the 3rd and at times the 2nd best junior league on the planet without getting all defensive and ignoring the facts.

The Q draws from the smallest and least wealthy population base and that is why they develop the least NHLers. The gap is not huge and the Q can easily ice a team every year that can win the Memorial Cup. Honestly who cares which branch of the CHL is the strongest, perhaps take pride in the fact that Canada has the three greatest junior leagues in the world and just be happy with that.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Roy should have played in Laval this year. Be ready for NHL next season. This season been a mirror of last. He has developed none.

He improved his skating, defensive play, was killing penalties, played more physical and intense while maintaining similar production as last year.

Saying he hasn't developed from last year is ridiculous.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not if he carries his team to a Mem cup like Suzuki almost did. Putting up points in these playoff situations and winning usually ends up being good for development.
Maybe, but could say same about Laval this year. Roy looks same player as last year. Be ready next fall if played Laval this year. Going to waste a year of his NHL career this way. At 19 they should be allowed to play pro. Dumbest rule in NHL that is. A waste of a season

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe, but could say same about Laval this year. Roy looks same player as last year. Be ready next fall if played Laval this year. Going to waste a year of his NHL career this way. At 19 they should be allowed to play pro. Dumbest rule in NHL that is. A waste of a season
I've read he's been playing a much more complete game and a force at even strength vs powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad