Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Anderson to NYIslanders for Josh Bailey + 1st round pick 2024 + 2nd round pick 2025 would be something doable you think?
I feel like the best fit for Anderson would be WAS. Theyve got Mantha which they want to get rid as soon as possible (possibly cost a first to move him) and theyll want to bounce back next year after a bad year in order to win with Ovy.

So maybe something like Anderson and COL 2024 second for Mantha, 2024 first and 2025 first?

Basically, Mantha would cost a first alone to move out and Anderson is worth a first and a second, which amounts to a bit less than the return above.

Reactions: K2MyEverest

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
That is definitely possible because he has some seriously high end instincts and shows some pro-ready puck protection skills.

I would like to see both the Habs and the Rocket simultaneously develop a core of young players that can meld together in a couple of years. I can see them keeping Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris, Barron and Xhekaj With the big club while letting Roy, Kidney, Farrell, Mesar, Mailloux, Trudeau, Simoneau, Struble, Mysak etc develop together in Laval for a season or two.

I might watch more Rocket games if we have a roster with legitimate prospects on it. I have a hard time grinding out the games with career minor leaguers and a few B prospects.
They might bring Tourigny over. He has a whole pro season behind him now. Very curious to see how he looks at both camps (rookie and pro). Hard to project what he did in Czech Republic without seeing him against his peers over here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
5g +5a in 4 games in the playoffs, many highlight plays. Despite all that has been said about him, Roy remains the most intriguing prospect of the Habs pipeline. The naysayers will continue to doubt him, but he will have the last word.
Mailloux and Hutson are quite intriguing. But, yeah, so is Roy.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
5g +5a in 4 games in the playoffs, many highlight plays. Despite all that has been said about him, Roy remains the most intriguing prospect of the Habs pipeline. The naysayers will continue to doubt him, but he will have the last word.
The Q is soft as butter compared to the 2 other leagues though, its easier to produce there. Nothing against Roy, I like him, he has easy skills and he sure is a great prospect.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The Q is soft as butter compared to the 2 other leagues though, its easier to produce there. Nothing against Roy, I like him, he has easy skills and he sure is a great prospect.
If you consider the whole league, maybe, but the top Q teams are as good or better than the top teams of the other leagues. See : Memorial cup.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Anti Québec in a big fashion..not surprising..

Explain me how the Q won many Memorial Cup in the last 25 years...actually as many than the other leagues

There is as.many goals in the OHl than in the Q.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It's not though. The WHL is the softer league by far, aside from the Tbirds.
You are kidding right? The Ds are much bigger and physical.

Anti Québec in a big fashion..not surprising..

Explain me how the Q won many Memorial Cup in the last 25 years...actually as many than the other leagues

There is as.many goals in the OHl than in the Q.
Im Quebecer.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
So Bedard would have scored how many goals in the Q in 57 games....? 90??

Im Quebecer.
Bon ben arrête.tes..niaiseries....La OHl est offensive l'os....

On est pu dans les années 80. La.lhjmq torche bien souvent les.gros de l'ouest à la Coupe Memorial

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
So Bedard would have scored how many goals in the Q in 57 games....? 90??

Bon ben arrête.tes..niaiseries....La OHl est offensive l'os....

On est pu dans les années 80. La.lhjmq torche bien souvent les.gros de l'ouest à la Coupe Memorial
Les meilleures équipes font belle figure a la coupe Memorial et cela nous rend fier, juste un fan qui regarde les autres ligues et qui en vient a ce constat. Parce qu'il y a autant de buts marqués dans la OHL ne signifie pas que cela est aussi facile, il y a plus de qualité tant en défense qu'en attaque tout simplement, bcp plus de profondeur.

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I feel like the best fit for Anderson would be WAS. Theyve got Mantha which they want to get rid as soon as possible (possibly cost a first to move him) and theyll want to bounce back next year after a bad year in order to win with Ovy.

So maybe something like Anderson and COL 2024 second for Mantha, 2024 first and 2025 first?

Basically, Mantha would cost a first alone to move out and Anderson is worth a first and a second, which amounts to a bit less than the return above.
If someone offers that, Hughes HAS to take it and run, giggling like a school girl

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You guys talking about Anderson are batshit crazy. Gotten 20+ goals only twice in his career, never more than 50 points, disappears for stretches, no IQ, playmaking or passing ability... Overpaid.

He's not worth a roster player + a 1st + 2nd lmao

A mid-low first for a contender at a TDL, Maybe...

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You guys talking about Anderson are batshit crazy. Gotten 20+ goals only twice in his career, never more than 50 points, disappears for stretches, no IQ, playmaking or passing ability... Overpaid.

I liked his game at the end of this year. He was always good with RHP. If Anderson isn't moved, I hope he plays with RHP. He has improved his play with his linemates and his defense. Unlucky he got injured. I was hoping he'd get 24 to 27 goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I liked his game at the end of this year. He was always good with RHP. If Anderson isn't moved, I hope he plays with RHP. He has improved his play with his linemates and his defense. Unluckybhe got injured. I was hoping he'd get 24 to 27 goals.

He played really well this season, MSL and Nicholas clearly have helped him as he has made some impressive adaptations with pull ups and, puck control/protection.

He is never going to have elite vision or playmaking skills but he is more well rounded this season and a little less one dimensional.

Now I wait for someone to quote stats like G/A ratio and present it as damning empirical evidence that he hasn't improved....

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018

biases aside....

He's had a noticeable uptick in his overall game this year, granted I'll give you there are inconsistencies at times with him. In saying that he was definitely one of our better players on the backend of his shortened season. He was doing a lot of good things, and he was becoming more consistent. You're seeing growth in his game, so I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Reactions: Walrus26

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Honestly never understood why people think so highly of Anderson, he's inconsistent as hell, offensively AND physically.

Was glad when we traded Domi for him cause I loved the -idea- of Anderson, finally a power forward on the team... now understand why we only gave Domi for him (and a 4th round pick).

Though, the -idea- of Anderson may be worth a lot, when he's on, he's fun to watch, but he then cools off and skates in circles for a while or gets injured.

Better sell high than try to be realistic with Anderson, but people thinking he's worth Mantha and a 1st ? Come on, they both are inconsistent big guys, on similar contracts (Mantha ends next year though, Anderson goes on forever), they're both the same age, and produces about the same.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Better sell high than try to be realistic with Anderson, but people thinking he's worth Mantha and a 1st ? Come on, they both are inconsistent big guys, on similar contracts (Mantha ends next year though, Anderson goes on forever), they're both the same age, and produces about the same.
I'm not high on Mantha myself, but if Mantha and a 1st is on the table you take it and run!

For the 1st, for the shorter contract, and to please TVAspore with the french Quebec guy

biases aside....

He's had a noticeable uptick in his overall game this year, granted I'll give you there are inconsistencies at times with him. In saying that he was definitely one of our better players on the backend of his shortened season. He was doing a lot of good things, and he was becoming more consistent. You're seeing growth in his game, so I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
Uptick? Maybe. Sure!

But a 1st, a 2nd + roster player? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I'm not high on Mantha myself, but if Mantha and a 1st is on the table you take it and run!

For the 1st, for the shorter contract, and to please TVAspore with the french Quebec guy

Uptick? Maybe. Sure! But a 1st, a 2nd + roster player? lol
I was more or less just commenting to your critique of the player, in terms of value he's definitely worth a 1st and +, think you could probably get a solid prospect in return for him. Also look at what a player like Jeannot fetched at the deadline, only a few years younger and I would argue less skill considerably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad