Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
He's got some real tools and I've been impressed by his hockey sense this year. It was really showcased at the WJC and he continues to show it. The concern to me is just about pace at this point - can he tool his game to be effective at a faster pace? It'll take time, but it seems hard to bet against him after seeing the progress this year in tuning his overall game.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He's got some real tools and I've been impressed by his hockey sense this year. It was really showcased at the WJC and he continues to show it. The concern to me is just about pace at this point - can he tool his game to be effective at a faster pace? It'll take time, but it seems hard to bet against him after seeing the progress this year in tuning his overall game.
He reminds a little of Ribeiro, in the sense that he's not a strong skater but high iq. Ribeiro was still able to have a pretty successful nhl career but he truly had elite vision and skill. If Roy is anything close to that I'll be ecstatic. I haven't seen much of Roy but seems to have a good all around game too...good offensively and defensively. Is that the case??

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He reminds a little of Ribeiro, in the sense that he's not a strong skater but high iq. Ribeiro was still able to have a pretty successful nhl career but he truly had elite vision and skill. If Roy is anything close to that I'll be ecstatic. I haven't seen much of Roy but seems to have a good all around game too...good offensively and defensively. Is that the case??
Doesn't have Ribeiro's dynamic hands, thats for sure, but he's also a much better pro already, lol.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
This goal is Caufield like stuff, and he scored goals like that on a regular basis in the last two years.

About the Q vs OHL, remember that in February, Gatineau played two games against the best team in the OHL, Ottawa, and Gatineau won both games, 5-2 and 4-1. As I said, some prejudices just don't want to die.

Reactions: tooji

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I rather see him in Laval to be fair given the number of forwards under contracts. Except if he has a fantastic camp and Ylonen, Heineman, RHP, Belzile, Pezzeta all screw up he should get plenty of AHL minutes with Farrell and Kidney.
He would be in Laval -- This says he would be called up after the trade deadline, obviously, unless his level of play is in the ditch.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Can't go wrong with a left shot Toffoli that can play anywhere in the lineup. I really hope Habs have a prospect heavy AHL team next year and he lights it up (ie. how Sabres did it with Peterka/Quinn last year).

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Can't go wrong with a left shot Toffoli that can play anywhere in the lineup. I really hope Habs have a prospect heavy AHL team next year and he lights it up (ie. how Sabres did it with Peterka/Quinn last year).
You don t have to convince me, if he can become a Toffoli for the Habs this is fantastic. Underrated player, he is one of the best Flames this year.

Reactions: KevSkillz4 and Wats

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Me too i'm really confident that Joshua Roy can have the same impact of a Tyler Toffoli type of player. He have all tools to produce well on offense with great two-way ability like Toffoli. He can score, he can pass and can play everywhere.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll take the 5th best odds at him though, it's a lottery can't build a team effectively based on a lottery
Thats just a lie.

There's one contender that was built without a lottery pick.

Boston.
Technically, NYR fits in the bottom but it wouldn't be fair to include them as Laf and Kakko are not making them competitive. Rather, it's Fox and Panarin forcing their way there, something the Habs cannot do.
Minnesota, though were stretching it if we want to include them as contenders.

Colorado (Mack, Duchene, Byram, Makar, Landeskog.)
Tampa (Hedman, Stamkos)
Toronto (Matthews, Marner)
Edmonton (RNH, McDavid, Hall, Yakupov, Draisaitl.)
Carolina (Svechnikov)
New Jersey (Hughes, Hischier, Nemec)
Dallas (Heiskanen)
Panthers (Ekblad, Huberdeau, barkov)
LA (Doughty, Kopitar/Byfield) (Ditto contenders.)

There's literally five teams in the top 15 of teams, odds wise, that did not tank, two of them are expansion teams, one of them is New York and is literally the top destination in the NHL for UFAs and the other one isn't a real contender (Minny.)

So your plan is to build like Boston ? Lol.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
So I hope people on this forum don't explode when Roy spends at least a season in the AHL as Toffoli did. It will make him better !
Most players should go the AHL route. Only a few can have immediate impact in the NHL. Roy should spend 1 to 2 years in the AHL, better play top 6 there than 4th line in the NHL.

Reactions: dralaf

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Thats just a lie.

Boston.
Technically, NYR fits in the bottom but it wouldn't be fair to include them as Laf and Kakko are not making them competitive. Rather, it's Fox and Panarin forcing their way there, something the Habs cannot do.

Tampa (Hedman, Stamkos)
Carolina (Svechnikov)
Dallas (Heiskanen)

There's literally five teams in the top 15 of teams, odds wise, that did not tank, two of them are expansion teams, one of them is New York and is literally the top destination in the NHL for UFAs and the other one isn't a real contender (Minny.)

Think your misunderstanding..

I don't want the team being "built" on the hope of winning a lottery. Keep building but banking on a 10% shot at bedard is not a strategy. Take the BPA from these picks and continue forward.

You also cited a ton of players above, all of whom fail in the range we're picking already,

Duchene - 3rd, Byram - 4, Makar - 4, Marner - 5, Tkahcuk - 6th, Kopitar - 11th

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thats just a lie.

Boston.

Tampa (Hedman, Stamkos)
Carolina (Svechnikov)
Dallas (Heiskanen)

The one thing about Boston, that no other team was able to do...................get stars to sign cheap and stay for years on end.................it has all just recently changed a bit with McAvoy and Pasta taking huge deals......

The Bruins were able to put most of the team on an internal cap based on Bergeron and Marchand.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Me too i'm really confident that Joshua Roy can have the same impact of a Tyler Toffoli type of player. He have all tools to produce well on offense with great two-way ability like Toffoli. He can score, he can pass and can play everywhere.
That's a pretty solid comp for him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anti Québec in a big fashion..not surprising..

Explain me how the Q won many Memorial Cup in the last 25 years...actually as many than the other leagues

There is as.many goals in the OHl than in the Q.

The Memorial Cup at the end of the day is just a short tournament.

To me I look at what the NHL is doing, where do they draft most from and where are they finding the most NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad