Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Cannot believe some are still thinking that Roy will not make it because he is too slow. First he is not slow, even though speed will never be his strenght. His hockey IQ and anticipation are so good that he will not need to be very fast. He will be fast enough to be at the right place at the right time, either to shoot or to make brilliant passes.
Kucherov isnt that fast and he is one of the best player in the NHL. Suzuki isnt that fast either. There are many exemple.
Roy isnt the typical 20 years old Q player having a last good year. Since 2 years he is just on another level. He could play in the AHL, and pretty sure he could be effective. He was playing on PK last WJC. He has many tools, he just need to be focus and he has top 6 upside in the NHL imo. Or at least. Middle 6. But he is not an ahler.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
The nice thing is that Roy is not 20. He is 19 until August 6. This fact is forgotten by many. Many are in love with Farrell, but he is almost two years older than Roy. Imagine where Roy will be in two years.

Kucherov isnt that fast and he is one of the best player in the NHL. Suzuki isnt that fast either. There are many exemple.
Roy isnt the typical 20 years old Q player having a last good year. Since 2 years he is just on another level. He could play in the AHL, and pretty sure he could be effective. He was playing on PK last WJC. He has many tools, he just need to be focus and he has top 6 upside in the NHL imo. Or at least. Middle 6. But he is not an ahler.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Kucherov might be one of the worst examples you could have brought up. Roy is lightyears behind him and will never be that level of a skater. Aside from having deceptive speed and powerful strides, heck even aside from being to hold his own in skating competitions against All-Stars, the guy has exceptional edge work and agility. Very few have control over their speed or have crossover starts like his.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
i know this must sound funny, but ever since I played NHL20 and drafted Roy 12th overall, I had a feeling that once we drafted him we got a steal. A Gallagher like steal. This kid is for real. Hoping he gets bigger and stronger because he’s got 30 goal scorer written all over him.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
i know this must sound funny, but ever since I played NHL20 and drafted Roy 12th overall, I had a feeling that once we drafted him we got a steal. A Gallagher like steal. This kid is for real. Hoping he gets bigger and stronger because he’s got 30 goal scorer written all over him.
NHL20!! Man! youre much more advanced then me. All of my hockey views come from Street Hockey 95. Im still waiting to draft my Rastafarrian MMA fighter

StreetHockey95BoxArtSNES.jpg

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Tbh he's a pretty strong guy, his coach said it was one of his better attribute.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Roy was real good for the Phoenix last year in playoffs. Had back to back good WJC. A real smart player, pressure player. I think he will be in Montreal by next March.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Roy was real good for the Phoenix last year in playoffs. Had back to back good WJC. A real smart player, pressure player. I think he will be in Montreal by next March.

Completely agree.

I see KH shipping out a few pieces at the deadline next year, Roy will be one of the core young pieces in contention to grab a roster spot around that time.

Reactions: ReHabs

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I rather see him in Laval to be fair given the number of forwards under contracts. Except if he has a fantastic camp and Ylonen, Heineman, RHP, Belzile, Pezzeta all screw up he should get plenty of AHL minutes with Farrell and Kidney.

Reactions: DAChampion

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

That is definitely possible because he has some seriously high end instincts and shows some pro-ready puck protection skills.

I would like to see both the Habs and the Rocket simultaneously develop a core of young players that can meld together in a couple of years. I can see them keeping Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris, Barron and Xhekaj With the big club while letting Roy, Kidney, Farrell, Mesar, Mailloux, Trudeau, Simoneau, Struble, Mysak etc develop together in Laval for a season or two.

I might watch more Rocket games if we have a roster with legitimate prospects on it. I have a hard time grinding out the games with career minor leaguers and a few B prospects.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That is definitely possible because he has some seriously high end instincts and shows some pro-ready puck protection skills.

I would like to see both the Habs and the Rocket simultaneously develop a core of young players that can meld together in a couple of years. I can see them keeping Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris, Barron and Xhekaj With the big club while letting Roy, Kidney, Farrell, Mesar, Mailloux, Trudeau, Simoneau, Struble, Mysak etc develop together in Laval for a season or two.

I might watch more Rocket games if we have a roster with legitimate prospects on it. I have a hard time grinding out the games with career minor leaguers and a few B prospects.

Next year they should be must watch. Ylonen and RHP will be graduated of course. Waiver eligible and they've proven they belong for now.

Farrell and Heineman will be final cut decisions that will be impacted by how many bodies Hughes can get rid of.

So Farrell and Heineman as maybes.

Then:
Roy
Kidney
Mysak
Mailloux
Trudeau
Simoneau
Struble
Norlinder

As the main young guys down there with a chance of Mesar as well.

Toward the end of next year you'll see Dobes, Dichow, Engstrom and Tuch. Hutson probably gets the Farrell contract.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Next year they should be must watch. Ylonen and RHP will be graduated of course. Waiver eligible and they've proven they belong for now.

Farrell and Heineman will be final cut decisions that will be impacted by how many bodies Hughes can get rid of.

Then:
Roy
Kidney
Mysak
Mailloux
Trudeau
Simoneau
Struble
Norlinder

Toward the end of next year you'll see Dobes, Dichow, Engstrom and Tuch. Hutson probably gets the Farrell contract.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Beck as well, I am leaning towards keeping him in the OHL for another season.

Oliver Kapanen has also put himself on the radar. I could see Allen traded as well and Primeau making the move to the big club, especially if they sign Dobes.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It will be interesting to see what happens with Beck as well, I am leaning towards keeping him in the OHL for another season.

Oliver Kapanen has also put himself on the radar. I could see Allen traded as well and Primeau making the move to the big club, especially if they sign Dobes.

Kapanen is definitely on radar to joining after his season next year, good catch.

Beck they probably will send to the OHL just because of roster spots and there's growth to be had, just hope they get him out of Peterborough as fast as possible.

This is the fun part of the rebuild, we are going to be adding more picks when Anderson and Edmundson are traded. There's still a possibility of another Monahan like deal for us as well.

Two firsts to use this draft already, an additional first in our back pocket for 24 or 25.

The cupboards will be well well stocked and it's fun to follow so many interesting prospects and with such a deep pool not being so dependent on the success of a particular prospect.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Kapanen is definitely on radar to joining after his season next year, good catch.

Beck they probably will send to the OHL just because of roster spots and there's growth to be had, just hope they get him out of Peterborough as fast as possible.

This is the fun part of the rebuild, we are going to be adding more picks when Anderson and Edmundson are traded. There's still a possibility of another Monahan like deal for us as well.

Two firsts to use this draft already, an additional first in our back pocket for 24 or 25.

The cupboards will be well well stocked and it's fun to follow so many interesting prospects and with such a deep pool not being so dependent on the success of a particular prospect.
Anderson to NYIslanders for Josh Bailey + 1st round pick 2024 + 2nd round pick 2025 would be something doable you think?

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

Then:
Roy
Kidney
Mysak
Mailloux
Trudeau
Simoneau
Struble
Norlinder

Why Farrell can be consider as a maybe and not Roy? Same lvl of prospect. Will depend who perform best at camp. Roy will surprise some people.

Reactions: Dutronc

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I haven't seen anyone say he won't make it. Many are simply questioning how effective he'll be at the NHL level and whether he'll be able to forge a lengthy career due to his skating. Many dominant junior players over the decades couldn't find success at the NHL level. For every success story like Luc Robitaille, there are countless stories of players with skating question marks who couldn't handle the NHL pace.
Someone literally said he would not make the NHL and would never get an NHL pension. have you read this thread?

Robitaille was an awful skater. He did pretty well for himself.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Then:
Roy
Kidney
Mysak
Mailloux
Trudeau
Simoneau
Struble
Norlinder

Mesar will play in Laval.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Anderson to NYIslanders for Josh Bailey + 1st round pick 2024 + 2nd round pick 2025 would be something doable you think?

I would definitely do this trade in its entirety.

Adding the 1st and 2nd rounders would be extremely beneficial for Montreal who has an extra 1st rounder in 2025, most likely (CAL), but not in 2024 yet. The extra 2nd rounder in 2025, while not immediately impactful, is always good to keep good prospects funnelling through the system.

The trade gets rid of a 5.5M contract for Anderson, up to and including 2026-2027, for a 5M contract good for only next season (2023-2024).

IMO, Bailey is not an albatross either and can be a solid veteran for two offensive youngsters and an able playmaker for a scoring winger in the process.

He could be a temporary line mate with Caufield and Suzuki, freeing up Dach to play with PLD, if we get him, and Slafkovsky or with Slafkovsky and someone else, if we don't get Dubois.

I would trade Bailey at the deadline for an extra 2nd rounder in 2024 and more, if possible.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I would definitely do this trade in its entirety.

Adding the 1st and 2nd rounders would be extremely beneficial for Montreal who has an extra 1st rounder in 2025, most likely (CAL), but not in 2024 yet. The extra 2nd rounder in 2025, while not immediately impactful, is always good to keep good prospects funnelling through the system.

The trade gets rid of a 5.5M contract for Anderson, up to and including 2026-2027, for a 5M contract good for only next season (2023-2024).

IMO, Bailey is not an albatross either and can be a solid veteran for two offensive youngsters and an able playmaker for a scoring winger in the process.

He could be a temporary line mate with Caufield and Suzuki, freeing up Dach to play with PLD, if we get him, and Slafkovsky or with Slafkovsky and someone else, if we don't get Dubois.

I would trade Bailey at the deadline for an extra 2nd rounder in 2024 and more, if possible.
Why would the Islanders do this though lol ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad