Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I've read he's been playing a much more complete game and a force at even strength vs powerplay.

Exactly. Roy himself mentioned that the Canadiens, and particularly Adam Nicholas, told him they're not focused on his production because they know it will be there. What they asked him to do is round out his game because it's the things he needed to do to help him when he turns pro.

And we saw what he was like at the WJC. That was him playing a more well rounded game, playing on the PP, on the PK, top line or bottom-9.

So it makes no sense to say it's a wasted year of development.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Roy should have played in Laval this year. Be ready for NHL next season. This season been a mirror of last. He has developed none.
Last year he was 2pts/game in the playoffs, this year so far he's at 3pts/game .
Maybe you missed the world juniors this winter?
Saying he has not developed or progressed has to be one of the top 5 clueless comments I have read on this board in the past year.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
32 points across his last 10 games, Jesus!
Save some points for the rest of the team:laugh:

Capture.PNG

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
No Slaf almost wasted a year of good maturation and confidence building that he would have been able to achieve in the OHL. Roy on the other hand worked on his overall game, we saw that at WJC, and also with Sherbrooke.

He dominated the league for +/-. If you compare to last year you can see that it was not a team thing for him. On a per game basis he doubled his +/- number, on a team with a worst +/- overall this year compare to last year. On a full 68 games basis, Roy had a +44 season last year, and this year, again, extrapolated to 68 games, he was on a pace of +85, while Sherbrooke overall as a team were +45, and last year they were significantly better with a +72. So Roy improved his +/- by almost 100%, on a team that as a whole significantly went down on +/- by 38% .

After tell me that he lost a year by playing in Sherbrooke this year. It also shows that there is good coaching in the Q and in the CHL overall. Suzuki also played at 19 in the OHL and look where he is now, same for Guhle in the WHL and Caufield in the NCAA. Suzuki made the jump with the Habs at 20, we will see for Roy. They have the luxury to send him to Laval for at least half a season. The only way he starts in Montréal will be if he is forcing their hand at camp.

Wasted a year of his development.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
The strenght is already there, he is very good at puck protection, he has the frame at 6'00", 190 lbs, and his skating is not as much of a problem as some say. He is not very fast, but not very slow like some say, and he has the anticipation and IQ to compensate. He will never be the player carrying the puck from end to end, but he is the kind of guy that will end up in some games with two or three points without being very noticable otherwise.
Out of this world production. If he can get his skating and strength to a good level, watch out.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Probably not the hottest of takes but I feel pretty confident that Roy will be better than Farrell.

I say this as someone who didn't see Farrell's pro games at all. At the very least he has higher upside but that's an even more tepid take I guess lol.

Either way, he could just turn out to be a legit 1st liner or possibly more. The goods are there.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Probably not the hottest of takes but I feel pretty confident that Roy will be better than Farrell.

I say this as someone who didn't see Farrell's pro games at all. At the very least he has higher upside but that's an even more tepid take I guess lol.

Either way, he could just turn out to be a legit 1st liner or possibly more. The goods are there.
I feel too, Roy has some size, big IQ, sick hands and shot. I really like him. Would not be surprise to see him have a great camp next year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I feel too, Roy has some size, big IQ, sick hands and shot. I really like him. Would not be surprise to see him have a great camp next year.
I mean if his skating was good not even great, I don't think many would hesitate to call him a potential star. His tools are absurd. I've been cautious somewhat for the majority of the time we've had him but the stuff I've been seeing lately is pretty wild.

Judging on pure highlights, his are at least as good as Suzuki's at the same age. Roy's are arguably better if memory serves well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad