Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why did heineman go back to europe?

Man, Norlinder can't stay healthy. He's lookongnmore and more ellie the next Josh Brook/Juulsen.

I said it over a year ago or more now... Norlinder has to get physically stronger to be able to do his thing in the NHL and not be taken advantage of physically. It happens to so many young D men who are trying to get to the maturity stage. Takes time and with Norlinder, he's getting injured more than you would like.

The step between juniors and final 4 playoffs in the AHL is a huge step to make. The future of Roy does not depend on playing in these playoffs or not. Wanting Houle fired over that is ridiculous. Same freakin bashing of francophone coaches in the AHL. Houle dis a very good job this year and showed he should have been hired as a head coach by another organizition before. He said from the begining that the goal

Yup! Roy will have his time and if he is ready, the coach will evaluate it. He's only 18 and you're 100% correct... the jump for a 18 year old to final 4 in the AHL playoffs is a huge jump. He's had a great age 18 season in the Q but lets not push him into a spot he could drown in or worse... get injured.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Will he play the next game?

We don't know. Gabriel Bourque got hurt last game. He wasn't at practice this morning. But Bourque could end up playing tomorrow. If he doesn't, maybe Roy will get in.

The fact he practiced with Paquette and Teasdale could indicate that if Bourque isn't able to go, Roy might get in the line-up. I don't think he'd practice on a line with those two if there wasn't at least a real potential he will play.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
We don't know. Gabriel Bourque got hurt last game. He wasn't at practice this morning. But Bourque could end up playing tomorrow. If he doesn't, maybe Roy will get in.

The fact he practiced with Paquette and Teasdale could indicate that if Bourque isn't able to go, Roy might get in the line-up. I don't think he'd practice on a line with those two if there wasn't at least a real potential he will play.
Lokking forward to it. Thank you.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Thought Roy would get in with bourque and paquette seemingly hurt.. but now he's paquettes winger today
Curious to see what happens for sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Roy gonna play against men. Huge difference. I just hope some bonehead vets won't smack him from behind in the boards.

Agreed. Hope he gets a game or a few to measure up where he is at in development. This kind of stuff gives young players an idea how close or far they are and if they have obsession to improve, they get even hungrier to work on those areas that may hold them back.

The secrete to development is how hungry that player is to work at their game as they work their way to higher leagues. The Habs job is to facilitate that environment but it's up to the player to put the work in.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Roy might play tonight

Si jamais Bourque ne peut y être, c’est le jeune Joshua Roy qui prendrait alors la place dans la formation de Laval.

I know. I posted it in the Laval GDT.

It will be interesting to see. Last game, Paquette was set to play but was pulled last second after the warm ups. Maybe the same will be with Bourque. I'd expect Josh Roy to take part in the warm ups just in case he needs to get in.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I find it weird that he won't be allowed to play in the AHL next season (not 20 yet), but he can play in the AHL playoffs since his Q season is over this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I find it weird that he won't be allowed to play in the AHL next season (not 20 yet), but he can play in the AHL playoffs since his Q season is over this year.

It's about protecting the CHL. So allowing him to play in between the Q playoffs and when his age 19 season starts does not take away a CHL asset.

Age 20 factor is to prevent NHL teams from bringing guys like Roy to the AHL too early and taking away talent from the CHL.

Said this before... CHL has to allow more 20 year olds and less 16 year olds. Makes the CHL more competitive and also a better development league where NHL clubs are more content in leaving their assets in the CHL to develop. Many other development leagues have more 20+ players and CHL has to adjust IMO. Change it to 6 players per team and basically only the elite 16 year olds make the team. If not elite, you play another Midget AAA season. I don't see major issues there.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It's about protecting the CHL. So allowing him to play in between the Q playoffs and when his age 19 season starts does not take away a CHL asset.

Age 20 factor is to prevent NHL teams from bringing guys like Roy to the AHL too early and taking away talent from the CHL.

Said this before... CHL has to allow more 20 year olds and less 16 year olds. Makes the CHL more competitive and also a better development league where NHL clubs are more content in leaving their assets in the CHL to develop. Many other development leagues have more 20+ players and CHL has to adjust IMO.
I know why the AHL age limit is 20, I just find it weird it's not applied to the AHL playoffs too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know why the AHL age limit is 20, I just find it weird it's not applied to the AHL playoffs too.

I was not aware of this being allowed cause I have not seen it before. But after thinking about it, it makes sense. It does not block Roy and Kidney from the opportunity and it also does not take away a CHL asset for good.

If you understand the age 20 protection for the CHL, you should understand that allowing them to play in the AHL playoffs when their season expires does not affect the age 20 rule cause the CHL club gets them back for their age 19 season. What's the negative? Player can get hurt but the CHL is also not paying them to play hockey so there is that too. Their rights only go so far

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad