Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Why is he not suited for the Rocket today? Why do we keep doing this? Put Heineman, Roy and Norlinder into a position to play for AHL via PTOs etc not playing them? It's the minor leagues. Can they please play their players? How long has Heineman even been injured for..

Can they please stop wasting time, let alone development time?

Reactions: Mrb1p and Kimota

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Why is he not suited for the Rocket today? Why do we keep doing this? Put Heineman, Roy and Norlinder into a position to play for AHL via PTOs etc not playing them? It's the minor leagues. Can they please play their players? How long has Heineman even been injured for..

Can they please stop wasting time, let alone development time?
Heineman has gone back to Europe, Norlinder was blindsided hit and got concussed, Roy just arrived. Gotta leave him some time to learn the system and pro environment, it's literally his first time on a pro team, playing a pro game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Heineman has gone back to Europe, Norlinder was blindsided hit and got concussed, Roy just arrived. Gotta leave him some time to learn the system and pro environment, it's literally his first time on a pro team, playing a pro game.
Why did heineman go back to europe?

Man, Norlinder can't stay healthy. He's lookongnmore and more ellie the next Josh Brook/Juulsen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
A couple of cool articles on Roy:

Also interesting is this one that includes a blurb on Xavier Simoneau. Simoneau was actually pacing to be the 2nd highest scorer in the league at 118 and would've been a single point behind Roy. Add in Kidney who wound up with 100 points that would've been three with triple digits. Pretty cool.

2021 is starting to look like a monster draft for us.

Last edited:

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Why did heineman go back to europe?

Man, Norlinder can't stay healthy. He's lookongnmore and more ellie the next Josh Brook/Juulsen.
Injured and won't come back in time. I guess management decided to let him rest for the rest of the year + summer to be ready next season

Reactions: 26Mats

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
I sure hope you're right. We give no opportunities to these kids, I swear

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You want to put him in a position to succeed. I’m sure the coaches are feeling him out. If he is deemed ready I think he could get a game or two.

If the games are close and low scoring, Roy could be very useful at getting that goal that could make difference in the game. He has sneaky offensive instincts which should at least translate to the AHL.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If the games are close and low scoring, Roy could be very useful at getting that goal that could make difference in the game. He has sneaky offensive instincts which should at least translate to the AHL.
For sure, at worst you can hide him on the 4th line and put him on the power play.

Reactions: Sagikev and 26Mats

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
For sure, at worst you can hide him on the 4th line and put him on the power play.
Houle uses his 4 lines around the same amount of minutes. The 4th line of Teasdale-Schnarr-Condotta is all about getting the puck down low and being responsible defensively.

Putting Roy with them makes no sense. He will get in if and when the team loses a few and need more goalscoring and he would then be given a top 9 role.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Houle uses his 4 lines around the same amount of minutes. The 4th line of Teasdale-Schnarr-Condotta is all about getting the puck down low and being responsible defensively.

Putting Roy with them makes no sense. He will get in if and when the team loses a few and need more goalscoring and he would then be given a top 9 role.
Thats dumb. The AHL is a development league.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It normally is i agree but i think right now it’s all about winning, don’t think they care much about getting Ylonen his reps.

Well Houle said the playoffs will be about winning - which has actually provided a nice playoff run, which paradoxically has been invaluable for Primeau's development...

Its lame. Icing a team of career AHL mercanaries to win... such a beta move. There is zero homegrown talent there, theres no reasons to have like 95% of players play over Roy.

Detroit, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Boston... theyve all been good for a long time because they let kids simmer down there and they give them an important role while supplementing their development with AHL veterans.

I guess this is the first year so its a throwaway.

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Its lame. Icing a team of career AHL mercanaries to win... such a beta move. There is zero homegrown talent there, theres no reasons to have like 95% of players play over Roy.

Detroit, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Boston... theyve all been good for a long time because they let kids simmer down there and they give them an important role while supplementing their development with AHL veterans.

I don't agree with it either. But, it's actually resulted in pretty much the best development scenario possible. Primeau is probably the player who's development could have benefited most from these playoffs, and he has benefited the most. RHP and Ylonen are playing on the first line.

Roy's development won't be hurt if he doesn't get to play. It's really no big deal - though I would like him to get some games in.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

I agree…..hopefully next year we’ll have more “prospects “ in the mix, especially on the defensive side.

Guhle, Xhekaj, Norlinder, Struble, Tuch, Mysak are hopefully all in the mix.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Josh Roy gets in the line-up, it will most likely be in one of the next 3 games. Laval will play at home so JF Houle would be able to control the match ups.

Reactions: Sagikev

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Bourque got injured last game, not sure what his status is but that could open a spot..

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
The step between juniors and final 4 playoffs in the AHL is a huge step to make. The future of Roy does not depend on playing in these playoffs or not. Wanting Houle fired over that is ridiculous. Same freakin bashing of francophone coaches in the AHL. Houle dis a very good job this year and showed he should have been hired as a head coach by another organizition before. He said from the begining that the goal

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The step between juniors and final 4 playoffs in the AHL is a huge step to make. The future of Roy does not depend on playing in these playoffs or not. Wanting Houle fired over that is ridiculous. Same freakin bashing of francophone coaches in the AHL. Houle dis a very good job this year and showed he should have been hired as a head coach by another organizition before. He said from the begining that the goal
Couldn't agree more. A lot of posters are showing how little they know in this thread.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Roy doesn't play in the next few games, I would fire Houle

No reason to play known scrubs over a legit prospect like Roy

Hughes needs to step in like Gainey did for Price with Don Lever

Roy is still only 18. Houle has the best interest of the team in mind. The team includes prospects like Ylonen, Primeau, and RHP. Good for these prospects, as well as Roy and Kidney, to be in an environment where the team is doing everything it can to win. nothing wrong with that at this time of year.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Roy is still only 18. Houle has the best interest of the team in mind. The team includes prospects like Ylonen, Primeau, and RHP. Good for these prospects, as well as Roy and Kidney, to be in an environment where the team is doing everything it can to win. nothing wrong with that at this time of year.

Please, don't throw me back into this nightmare from the 1990s.

Next thing you know we'll be trading Roy.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Please, don't throw me back into this nightmare from the 1990s.

Next thing you know we'll be trading Roy.

Thank you for bringing nonsense to the conversation.

Too many people project past failures on the current people. Wheter it is Houle or HuGo, no prospect has been ruined to date. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but we have no reason to believe it will. Stop being so gloomy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad