Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Honestly, nothing to lose here. Undrafted and he’s killing it with Roy. Weird too, because he’s never done much and now all of a sudden he’s top in the league…
Either a huge development boom or Roy has been carrying him offensively.. Guess we’ll find out this season!

I’m open to signing him for sure

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly, nothing to lose here. Undrafted and he’s killing it with Roy. Weird too, because he’s never done much and now all of a sudden he’s top in the league…

Parent is a 4th OA pick in the 2017 Q draft. He's had a solid Q career and it's just another example of someone maturing and being in the right situation for his age 20 year. This happens for a fair amount of 20 year olds. Samuel Asselin had that kind of season with the Mooseheads a few seasons back and there are many more others that have done that too.

It would not hurt to sign Parent to the AHL contract and perhaps he starts in the ECHL if he don't make the AHL roster. Basically how Asselin started with his pro seasons.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Either a huge development boom or Roy has been carrying him offensively.. Guess we’ll find out this season!

I’m open to signing him for sure

It's a combo of Parent being fully developed for his age 20 Q season (Q standards) and playing with two players who compliment each other well. Parent always had solid potential and was a 4th OA pick in the Q draft.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It's a combo of Parent being fully developed for his age 20 Q season (Q standards) and playing with two players who compliment each other well. Parent always had solid potential and was a 4th OA pick in the Q draft.
You’re right, relatively common for overagers in their final season.

I definitely like the idea of an AHL contract to see how he shakes out

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
Maybe if you low-ball Parent with an AHL deal, he will instead sign elsewhere (probably with Tampa as all the good undrafted Q players tend to do)? If you feel like he has potential, just sign him to a 2-way deal and be done with it.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Maybe if you low-ball Parent with an AHL deal, he will instead sign elsewhere (probably with Tampa as all the good undrafted Q players tend to do)? If you feel like he has potential, just sign him to a 2-way deal and be done with it.
They are going to open a lot of room on the 50 contracts space. Lots of picks who will need to be signed, and lots of guys they can go looking for.

Reactions: Vachon23

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
We are just starting to see our prospect finally arrive in Laval and NHL, let him build his confidence once again next year, go to WJC and be a big part of team canada, in 2023-2024 we’ll see if he can make the jump to the NHL but I am def not a fan of rushing young players, unless he is Suzuki dominant at the training camp.

Reactions: dralaf

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And then most of the posters would complain that Mtl just signed another small francophone.
What a disingenuous, sweeping generalization. I’ve been posting here for almost 10 years and have never seen the majority of posters here behave the way you’re claiming, nor a minority of posters, nor any number in particular, for that matter.

What we’re about is talent that helps us win. I personally don’t care if the player is like a Tolkien and only speaks in a language he has invented. The type of ethnic/ language trope you’re trafficking in, is an embarrassment to this forum. :facepalm:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Then let him sign with Tampa. I like Parent but there is no NHL potential there and we have way to much prospect/pick to sign in the next couple years. We need to even let go some our prospect because we don't have enough contract spot available for a 2 way deal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Then let him sign with Tampa. I like Parent but there is no NHL potential there and we have way to much prospect/pick to sign in the next couple years. We need to even let go some our prospect because we don't have enough contract spot available for a 2 way deal.
What about Logan Morrison and Jordan Dumais?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't really know Morrisson and Dumais is only 17 yrs and will be draft eligible
Logan Morrison is Mysak's teammate in the OHL. They were both draft eligible in Mysak's year. But Morrison was never drafted and is projected to finally be drafted this year as an over-ager. Morrison is far out producing Mysak. He got 100 points to Mysak's 64, in 1 less game played.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Logan Morrison is Mysak's teammate in the OHL. They were both draft eligible in Mysak's year. But Morrison was never drafted and is projected to finally be drafted this year as an over-ager. Morrison is far out producing Mysak. He got 100 points to Mysak's 64, in 1 less game played.
So you're question is should we sign Morrison to a AHL deal ?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
There is a contract limit.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How did Olivier Archambault compare to Roy in his draft year? There's comparables there no?
The point totals may be close, but not the goal scoring pace.

But when it comes to the D+1 year, which is more important, there's absolutely no comparison

Reactions: jaffy27

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Am I the only one who thinks he just threw a pass to the middle and got lucky? I'd like to see another angle but that's what it looks like to me. Not dissing on him as a prospect, just not sure that pass was all that

There is definitely a significant element of luck but great playmakers have elevated spacial awareness and can visualize the ice and where teammates/opponents are without having to look. Before turning his back he knew where the lane was and knew that he would have a backdoor, weakside cutter. Roy also knew that defenders around the lane that he passed through would not be expecting the pass, especially such a hard pass. The execution certainly required some luck but it wasn't as blind as it looked to be. It was risky and I am not sure that he will be encouraged to do this in the NHL as that could have potentially created an odd man rush the other way.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad