Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
We missed Jordan Dumais but we have Roy as a Quebecer who will have success.

Than god cause the French medias would have been livid if we would have nissed both.

Dumais is legit...he is small but what a player!!!

Reactions: Dutronc

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
15 games in the AHL. If he is still around 2.0 pts/games. Recall him. And let him to play the playoff in the AHL. Pretty sure it helped RHP last year to play the last stretch in the NHL. Now he is a regular. Why not the same path with Joshua Roy?

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
15 games in the AHL. If he is still around 2.0 pts/games. Recall him. And let him to play the playoff in the AHL. Pretty sure it helped RHP last year to play the last stretch in the NHL. Now he is a regular. Why not the same path with Joshua Roy?
What if he burns the NHL too lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Hins77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It would be ideal if Roy was the guy who fit in that slot.
Another good solution would be, if Slaf fit well. Best of
course would be, that they both developed well, and it
became a useful discussion.
I think the future top 6 is going to be some combo of CC, Suzuki, Dach, Slaf, Newhook, and Roy. How they ultimately slot is yet to be seen. On paper Slaf seems like the ideal complement to Suzuki/CC and Roy seems like a perfect fit alongside Dach/Newhook but we shall see soon.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I mean, they don't "say it".... but they trade their ass fairly quick :laugh: IE, Roy in 2020 from Saint John. Then they make sure to whisper into scouts and pundits that he just didn't have the necessary ethic and commitment..

Guilty as charged :laugh:. At least we're pretty nice, overall. And fun to be around in the GDTs
Coaches don't trade players, GMs do.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Yes this damn incompetent Houle!!! That being said, Roy could have had a couple more passes. Remember, he sent Armia and Mysak on a 2 against 0, and Mysak kept the puck with the goalie on him instead of passing it back to Armia.

On the Farrell goal, Roy recieved the pass from Farell in the slot, could have taken a good shot from that spot, but the goalie moved toward him, so he gave it back to Farrell who had an open net to shoot in. That's hockey IQ.

If only Houle wasn’t the coach Roy would have had 10 points tonight.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
there's no doubt in my mind he's not a top 9 winger, but can he be a first line winger. I think so. Extremely high IQ, but he'll need that elite centerman we will draft in 2024.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
A good example for when to call up Roy is Claude Giroux. He started in the AHL in his first pro season, played 33 games in the AHL and collected 34 points, after that he was called up and played 42 games for the Flyers totalling 27 points. Roy is 8 months younger than Giroux in his first year, and already producing at a much higher pace. Yes it's only 5 games, but the quality of his points and his overall game leave no doubts. He has the right stuff.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
For the people who claim to be knowledgeable in "advanced" hockey stats:

What should we expect of Roy's NHL production if he goes 0.80, 1.00, or 1.25 ppg in the AHL as a 20 year old?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Theres no tool accurate enough to predict what you want. Not until someone that actually has deep knowledge of statistics and hockey gets to work.

It's not that hard. The issue is that the "advanced stats" crowd isn't that advanced.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Anyway the correct way to do this is to look at former CHL forwards drafted between 2003 and 2016 who were AHL rookies in their D+3, take their PPG as the x-axis, and then as the y-axis use the average of their 5 best NHL seasons.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
NHL or AHL, doesn't matter.

Roy is a maestro who will rise to the occasion, whatever it may be.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anyway the correct way to do this is to look at former CHL forwards drafted between 2003 and 2016 who were AHL rookies in their D+3, take their PPG as the x-axis, and then as the y-axis use the average of their 5 best NHL seseasons.

But then you wouldnt take into account that Josh is an outlier age wise in his draft year. Youd have to go by decimal years and months.

Then you'd probably need to run a windsorized mean and even so, is it actually accurate if you do so?

Then how do you modelize for AHL and NHL team depth? Or for Euro players that had to adjust to NHL ice?

You would get a very rudimentary statistic that I am not sure would actually reflect reality. I understand were not completing a peer reviewed statistical analysis here but the quality of such a statistic is heavily influenced by factors well beyond our reach.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
But then you wouldnt take into account that Josh is an outlier age wise in his draft year. Youd have to go by decimal years and months.

Then you'd probably need to run a windsorized mean and even so, is it actually accurate if you do so?

Then how do you modelize for AHL and NHL team depth? Or for Euro players that had to adjust to NHL ice?

You would get a very rudimentary statistic that I am not sure would actually reflect reality. I understand were not completing a peer reviewed statistical analysis here but the quality of such a statistic is heavily influenced by factors well beyond our reach.

lol kidding but couldn't help myself

• Haha
Reactions: Sagikev and Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad