Value of: Josh Manson to the Leafs at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Ya I just don't see the time being now. The Ducks need to focus on the future and if they can't resign Manson before the deadline they need to trade him. Same with Rakell.

Lindholm is the only exception because losing him would set the Ducks back a long time.

lol sorry i meant the time is now to judge who this team really is. They'll be rested and healthy coming out of the break. They definitely shouldn't go all in. Ride this retool and gage the trade market on the expiring vets 100%

Reactions: Yemeth

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Ya I just don't see the time being now. The Ducks need to focus on the future and if they can't resign Manson before the deadline they need to trade him. Same with Rakell.

Lindholm is the only exception because losing him would set the Ducks back a long time.
I think he means the time is to rest and practice.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
A week and a half later and nothing has has really changed except that their record went from 3-7 in their last 10 to 4-4-2.

Here is the realirt, the Ducks are in 2nd in the division but that's fake here is why.

LA has 2 games in hand
SJ has 3 games in hand.
Dallas has 6 games in hand
Edmonton has 7 games in hand
Winnipeg has 7 games in hand
Calgary has 8 games in hand.

I wouldn't be to worried about Winnipeg I don't think they have it in them.

But LA is right there Calgary VS Dallas is tonight so one of them has to win and will gain 2 points

If it's Calgary they get Arizona tomorrow that's a likely win.

There is a chance Calgary alone could gain 4 points in 2 days and still have 6 games in hand.

The Ducks will get passed by several teams because there are a lot of teams with WAY to many games in hand.

They are 4-0-2 in their last 6 games. They got 8 out of 10 possible points. You can't tell me that is better then the 1-5-0 record they had in the 6 games before...
Also I don't know why you are commenting on 2nd in the division. No Ducks fan is bragging about being 2nd in the division. They will probably be fighting for the 3rd spot in the division or a wild card spot at best. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Reactions: LuckyDucky

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Much as I like a lot of the Ducks players Manson is not one of them and the Leafs would be idiots to trade for him. He just gets caved out there but "muh toughness and reputation".

Reactions: Ciao

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They are 4-0-2 in their last 6 games. They got 8 out of 10 possible points. You can't tell me that is better then the 1-5-0 record they had in the 6 games before...
Also I don't know why you are commenting on 2nd in the division. No Ducks fan is bragging about being 2nd in the division. They will probably be fighting for the 3rd spot in the division or a wild card spot at best. Nothing has changed in that regard.

I brought up 2nd in the division because right now they are 2nd in the division.

I don't think they stay there but on February 1 2022 they are 2nd in the division

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
The Ducks have slid down the standings going 3-7 in their last 10 if that trend continues they will be sellers at the deadline.

The Leafs at 25-10-3 are a very good team but as we have seen recently if they suffer a couple injuries on the back end it gets thin quickly.

The Leafs need another guy and Josh Manson should be a target.

What's the cost
I wasnt interested in him when he was actually good (price too high) and now that he isnt 'good' the price is still too high

Reactions: Ciao

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wasnt interested in him when he was actually good (price too high) and now that he isnt 'good' the price is still too high
Well price is too high for you…. Dubas prob starting to feel heat, got to get out of 1st round

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Well price is too high for you…. Dubas prob starting to feel heat, got to get out of 1st round
Manson isnt the answer ...heck, I think we should unload Muzzin before he becomes worthless.
Muzzin for Manson i could get behind.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I brought up 2nd in the division because right now they are 2nd in the division.

I don't think they stay there but on February 1 2022 they are 2nd in the division

Then you are kind of wasting your breath because noone else thinks they will be 2nd in the division. Noone else even thinks they are 2nd now.
There are 4 other teams ahead or tied with the Ducks in point%.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

No doubt. People think he went all in last year because he traded a few picks but he never traded a single prospect.

no no THIS year is all in for 2 reasons.

#1 they do have a fantastic record so they should be all in.

#2 Dubas's Job has got to be on the line.

All these fantastic regular seasons are great but this is arguably a more loaded roster than last year, it's time for playoff success

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Manson isnt the answer ...heck, I think we should unload Muzzin before he becomes worthless.
Muzzin for Manson i could get behind.

Since holl was in covid protocol and muzzin get injured, leafs d strugfle because leafs have a real lack of physicality, intensity in their d. So they loose too much 1 on 1 battle, they are not 1st on defensive rebound, they always on high pressure because no body are ready to break the play with a hard hit or hard work. So please dont tell me one of the most physical dmen i the NHL with real shutdown ability is not a good answer... please just be serious

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Since holl was in covid protocol and muzzin get injured, leafs d strugfle because leafs have a real lack of physicality, intensity in their d. So they loose too much 1 on 1 battle, they are not 1st on defensive rebound, they always on high pressure because no body are ready to break the play with a hard hit or hard work. So please dont tell me one of the most physical dmen i the NHL with real shutdown ability is not a good answer... please just be serious

Josh Manson would be a great answer.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Friedman said on his podcast that someone told him that Toronto is on Manson's no-trade list.

NTC's get waived all the time and when he signed that they had just come off finishing last the previous season so that makes sense.

I have a hard time believing he wouldn't waive now

Reactions: cgc83

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
The reason why everyone wants Knies is because he’s very good! Leafs aren’t trading him unless it’s an offer they can’t refuse. Manson is not that.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
The Ducks have slid down the standings going 3-7 in their last 10 if that trend continues they will be sellers at the deadline.

The Leafs at 25-10-3 are a very good team but as we have seen recently if they suffer a couple injuries on the back end it gets thin quickly.

The Leafs need another guy and Josh Manson should be a target.

What's the cost
well i agree this manson guy should be the target but it takes 2 gms to tangle now, if he is even available at what cost and if he wants to come to T O

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
well i agree this manson guy should be the target but it takes 2 gms to tangle now, if he is even available at what cost and if he wants to come to T O

Well the ducks are likely going to be outside the playoffs in the next 6 weeks.

I don't see why Manson wouldn't waive

The Leafs are 29-10-3

They are sitting just outside the top 5 in the league and they have games in almost everybody they are chasing except Carolina but Carolina.

The Leafs are a legitimate contender I see no reason not to waive

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

The Leafs are 29-10-3

They are sitting just outside the top 5 in the league and they have games in almost everybody they are chasing except Carolina but Carolina.

Prob the whole Canada thing

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

The Leafs are 29-10-3

Even if they are, it's probably not going to be by a very wide margin. They are 9th in points percentage right now, behind Edmonton and ahead of Dallas.

The Ducks are honestly in a nearly impossible position from an optics standpoint. The team isn't very good, and isn't all that young. They've got a few really exciting youngsters (Terry, Zegras, Drysdale); but have 4 core players coming to UFA status. 2 of them (Rakell & Lindholm) need to hit on their "career" deals being 28 years old. Manson probably looking at his last big contract.

If you "rip the heart out of" f the team at the deadline, I'd imagine Getzlaf is gone too... but if you do, the haul for those 3, maybe even 4 with Getzlaf, would be huge and likely set this franchise up for years of success. Trading all 4, I could quite easily see 2 first round picks (Lindholm & Manson), 2-3 NHL ready prospects (Lindholm, Rakell, Getzlaf), and a couple more 2nd & 3rd round picks (Lindholm, Rakell). Team's going to #### for the rest of the year, but will have cap space, and California sunshine with which to go to work in free agency.

It's also pretty difficult to "toe the line" between the two extremes. Trade Manson and keep everyone else, you haven't done all that much to improve the long term outlook.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Knies should not be in any trade package.

Period
My assumption is that Dubas is going to make whatever moves make his chances of winning this year or next best.

Not saying a Knies for Manson type deal does that... but hes def got to start winning with this core.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad