Value of: Josh Manson to the Leafs at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
But if not? Oh well get someone else, Lindholm has no trade protection

Its unlikely that Lindholm would be available at all, unless its looks like there's no chance at all to re-sign. In which case you'd be bidding against teams wanting a long term asset... I haven't seen much to indicate that TOR would have interest in paying that price or available cap room to get him re-signed

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Its unlikely that Lindholm would be available at all, unless its looks like there's no chance at all to re-sign. In which case you'd be bidding against teams wanting a long term asset... I haven't seen much to indicate that TOR would have interest in paying that price or available cap room to get him re-signed

Who said anything about signing him? this is go time, the time to win is now

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
He'll resign with Anaheim, Lindholm too.

They won't let go these two and the players don't want to leave a place where you're relatively anonymous while playing in such a perfect environment.

Rackell, as he's relatively expandable for Ducks and beginning to show signs of slowing down, might be let go after the playoff run.
I don't think they'll trade him though, typical auto rental player.

But if (big if considering their position in the standings) they want to trade Manson, they'll definitely get a 1st Rd pick + b prospect.

Or a 2nd + solid prospect since a lot of 2022 1st have been traded already.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
He'll resign with Anaheim, Lindholm too.

They won't let go these two and the players don't want to leave a place where you're relatively anonymous while playing in such a perfect environment.

Rackell, as he's relatively expandable for Ducks and beginning to show signs of slowing down, might be let go after the playoff run.
I don't think they'll trade him though, typical auto rental player.

But if (big if considering their position in the standings) they want to trade Manson, they'll definitely get a 1st Rd pick + b prospect.

Or a 2nd + solid prospect since a lot of 2022 1st have been traded already.
The playoffs for the ducks isn't guaranteed by a Longshot. Calgary and Edmonton will pass them in the next week or two.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The playoffs for the ducks isn't guaranteed by a Longshot. Calgary and Edmonton will pass them in the next week or two.
I think most duck fans see playoffs still as a long shot…. And even if we did make it the only way we get through round 1 is Gibson going full jiggy 03. We should look to sell players that don’t have a future with us in our eyes, or their eyes.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I think most duck fans see playoffs still as a long shot…. And even if we did make it the only way we get through round 1 is Gibson going full jiggy 03. We should look to sell players that don’t have a future with us in our eyes, or their eyes.
This is a fair assessment and I agree 100%. Lindholm only moves if he doesn't want to resign.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
This is a fair assessment and I agree 100%. Lindholm only moves if he doesn't want to resign.

Its the same thing with every player on his last year of contract.

1- Are you in good spot or playoff?
No go to question #2
2- do you want to keep the player
No---> goodbye
yes---> question#3
3- do he want to resign
No ---> trade
Yes ---> question #4
4- do the salary the player want or number of year he want correspond at something the team is willing to give?
Yes ---> questiin #4
No---> goodbye

If lindholm want to stay but at 9M/8 year, its not the same thing than something like 6M/6 years.

Last edited:

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Not if the Oilers keep starting Smith

Honestly everyone from Winnipeg up has a shot at catching the Ducks.

The Ducks are a Fowler, Lindholm, or Gibson injury away from being really exposed defensively.
Every time one of those 3 guys has gotten hurt in the past couple years the team takes a nose dive.

Even if the Ducks are in a playoff position, you can make an argument that trading Rakell and Manson may be the best choice for the longterm. And Lindholm if the negations are not going well.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Honestly everyone from Winnipeg up has a shot at catching the Ducks.

The Ducks are a Fowler, Lindholm, or Gibson injury away from being really exposed defensively.
Every time one of those 3 guys has gotten hurt in the past couple years the team takes a nose dive.

Even if the Ducks are in a playoff position, you can make an argument that trading Rakell and Manson may be the best choice for the longterm. And Lindholm if the negations are not going well.

Oh i agree, was more poking fun at the laughable situation in Edmonton. Lots of teams still alive. I prefer to deal guys by the deadline if they aren't extended regardless of our position in the standings.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Gliff

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Leafs fans really need to let this one go. I've been a big fan of Manson over his career, and peak Manson (I don't care about the one year outlier in points, just the other things he brings to the table) would be a great addition to the Leafs, and pretty much exactly what they are lacking. But Manson has a lot of heavy usage miles, and he's sustained quite a few injuries. What Leafs need most, is a guy that they can depend on, and I'm not sure that Manson is that guy right now. To pay a fair price for him, and then have him go down, gives me a bad Deja Vu at this point. Great player, exactly what Leafs need... but I think it's the wrong timing for him.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad