News Article: Johnny Gaudreau passed away

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
My heart is aching....what a unimaginable tragedy.

May God give the family the strength to get through this.

Regardless if this was a drunk driver or not, please, please , people, do not drink alcohol at all.

It is poison even in moderation and you do not need it to be happy or to decompress.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Me too, man. Me too. US and Canada are in a league of their own when it comes to cities built for cars.

I'm in Europe right now so I'm reminded on the daily.

I lived in an Asian megacity for some time a few years back and haven’t been able to handle the reverse culture shock of coming back to the land of inconvenience and wasted space.

I hear ya, Singapore or Bangkok or Japanese Cities are so incredible they are hard to leave.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Brutal that we need these types of awful reminders for how precious & potentially short life can be.

can’t fathom how difficult a time it is for a young family who now need to move fwd without their spouse / father.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Just sad stuff all around. One sec you're biking with your bro, talking about the coming wedding, feeling excited about the start of a new season and a chance to play with your old buddy Monohan aaand BAM! just like that, you're gone, it's all over... RIP to Johnny and Matthew.

On a hockey side of things, I feel for Blue Jackets fans and players, isn't that like the second major player death within the team in very recent years. The guys must be totally devastated.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Just devastatingly awful news.

It hasn't been confirmed by authorities the driver was drunk. The 2 men were riding bicycles late at night. Let's not jump to conclusions on driver.
It has. Driver was trying to pass a car, at speed, on the right side. He hit them from behind.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's always hard to find the words that describe the feelings that come from a tragedy such as this. It is a tough day for the hockey world but an even more devastating one for the immediate family that is left behind. I join you all in offering my condolences and prayers for those deeply affected by this terrible tragedy. Cherish those you love and always tell them how much they mean to you because things can change instantly. God bless you all.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
From an on-ice perspective, this is a massive blow to a franchise that was working hard to overcome recewnt struggles.

Perhaps Kent can find a way to help out Columbus without hurting the Habs. That's an additional method to show support over and above sending condolences and observing a moment of silence on opening night at the Bell Center.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
On a hockey side of things, I feel for Blue Jackets fans and players, isn't that like the second major player death within the team in very recent years. The guys must be totally devastated.
BJ are a cursed franchise… What a tragedy. So sorry for his family and especially children.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
This is so brutal , unnecessary and something that could probably have been avoided had the driver not been a reckless drunk idiot. You just don't drink and drive. There is no ifs and but. The man will likely goes to jail for this and with good reason. I hope he'll take the time to make a deep self introspection because his irresponsible and careless behavior just killed two young men.

My sympathies to Gaudreau family and anyone affected by this tragedy. May they stand strong together in such hard times

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Woke up to the rumor but had a brutal feeling that it wasn't a rumor due to the deafening silence

I hope his family recovers...one day

This is brutal

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I think the drinking is secondary to just bad driving habits in this case. People become accustomed to always wanting to save a few minutes while driving and this becomes a reflex rather than thought out. The same thing happened to me when I was younger. And one sees it everyday, all the time. To change this habit, it requires some reprogramming, telling yourself that those few minutes will have no impact on anything in your life, and to just ignore the opporunities that present themselves to "save time" (as there's usually nothing of note happening at the destination point that would benefit from an extra few minutes).

In short, retrain your brain to accept a few additional minutes of time for safe travels. Once you take the decision, it's surprisingly easy to implement. You just exist in a parallel reality to people driving like maniacs bumper to bumper who have given no such thought to their own insignificant existence.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That’s complete bullshit. We just notice the ones that don't more. Like we notice bad drivers more. Motorized vehicle entitlement is a real syndrome.
Not from my experience in Ontario. I have yet to see a cyclist stop at a red light if they can get away with it for example. Riding 2 abreast when there is no way to get around them. Just like pedestrians crossing when there is no walk signal like they don't realize there are left turn lights for cars.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
So, so terrible

Some of the takes on the main board thread make me sick to my stomach

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
This is so brutal , unnecessary and something that could probably have been avoided had the driver not been a reckless drunk idiot. You just don't drink and drive. There is no ifs and but. The man will likely goes to jail for this and with good reason. I hope he'll take the time to make a deep self introspection because his irresponsible and careless behavior just killed two young men.

My sympathies to Gaudreau family and anyone affected by this tragedy. May they stand strong together in such hard times
Man you so forgiving .
I for one Hope hé rots in hell and suffers ten fold more then those kids that lost a father , wife and parents and sister that lost sons brothers and husband

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad