News Article: Johnny Gaudreau passed away

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I drive 35 minutes every day to go to work, I respect the limits and I get assholes riding my bumper every single day. It'll never change especially with people driving these gigantic SUVs thinking they're invincible.
There are Donkey's all over the place.
A couple of weeks ago an Idiot in an SUV decided to get aggressive with me and my wife 10 steps from our door as we were using a timed crosswalk.
The worst thing was he had two young kids in the car taking in his every move. The Cops are never around when you need them.
I think that is 5 demerits and a very hefty fine.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He looks like he's in shock. What a mess man, such a tragedy.
It's exactly that. The title about letting out a sigh is really sensationalist (hey, it's the NY Post after all). The guy clearly didn't intend to do that, and he absolutely deserves whatever punishment is coming to him, but watching him here is pretty rough. There's really no reason why this video should be posted publicly.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
It's exactly that. The title about letting out a sigh is really sensationalist (hey, it's the NY Post after all). The guy clearly didn't intend to do that, and he absolutely deserves whatever punishment is coming to him, but watching him here is pretty rough. There's really no reason why this video should be posted publicly.
You gotta expect a tabloid POS like the post to get as many clicks as possible out of a story but ya, I agree with the bolded. The guy knows he made an awful awful mistake and I think it's slowly sinking in, you can just see it in his eyes in this video.

This will go down as one of the darkest days ever in NHL history.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Omg this story just keeps getting worst and worst doesn't it?

I think for the first time in my life I'm about to block a thread. This tragedy is just too much.
You are not wrong...this tragedy is as unimaginable as it gets. It is consuming my thoughts. I refuse to watch any videos on the matter...just too painful.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Well I disagree with you guys, sorry. I watched the video again, and no, to me he looks like "damn, I'm missing my football game Sunday by staying here."

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Well I disagree with you guys, sorry. I watched the video again, and no, to me he looks like "damn, I'm missing my football game Sunday by staying here."
None of us know what he's thinking, but this is a pretty stupid thing to assume. Unless he's a total monster, he cares that he ended the life of two young men, and destroyed a few families. He made a horrible mistake, did something stupid, wreckless, etc.

But assuming that he doesn't care about his consequences other than that it inconvenienced his Labour Day weekend is ridiculous.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Truly tragic news on what was supposed to be a joyus weekend for the family.

It bothers me that in 2024 you still have drunk drivers even with all the public awareness efforts and alternative ways home someone could choose instead. There is never a reason why someone should drive drunk
Yep 100% agree...the only problem with that is that alcohol as you know, impairs your judgement...begs the question; should all cars come equipped with a breathalyzer? Is that what it is going to come down to? Would solve a lot of problems but who wants to blow in a tube to start their car every time you get into your car? like every single time... Tricky one....

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
it comes down to selfishness. "i don't give a **** about anyone else"
maybe....but as i mentioned in a previous post, when you drink it impairs your judgement. So you're not thinking as you should be when it comes to hopping in your car-people think they are "fine" to drive...and sadly they are not. You need to not take your car period if you are planning on drinking that day/night.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I do feel for Columbus fans and the organization as a whole. This is the second player tragedy to hit them in recent time. A lot of heartbreak for a franchise that hasn't had much luck on the ice either.

Three if we remember the fan that died during the game..... which lead to the netting on the end boards.

It's not a player tragedy but a tragedy related to the jackets nonetheless.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
None of us know what he's thinking, but this is a pretty stupid thing to assume. Unless he's a total monster, he cares that he ended the life of two young men, and destroyed a few families. He made a horrible mistake, did something stupid, wreckless, etc.

But assuming that he doesn't care about his consequences other than that it inconvenienced his Labour Day weekend is ridiculous.

This guy will likely go to jail but this will be the easiest part of his punishment. Living with the extreme guilt and burden that he killed two young fathers , destroyed 2 families and caused pain to many due to his reckless actions and behavior for the rest of his life will be the hardest.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I hope they throw the book at him. Multiple families destroyed because of his selfish criminal decisions. Drunk drivers get away with way too much. I don't see this as any different that straight up murder. He made the choice to get behind the wheel.
Yup. My wife had a work friend years ago and we went out for dinner with her and her husband. We were discussing drunk driving for some reason and the idiot husband started arguing that drunk driving should be legal. Things got a bit heated and needless to say we never socialized with them again (there were other reasons too but that tells you what you need to know about him). And of course, we found out later that chode had a couple of DUIs already.

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Absolutely senseless tragedy. This was a happy time for the Gaudreau family and it's all taken away by some POS drunk driver in a split second. I've been feeling sick to my stomach since this morning and I've never met the man. I can't imagine what the Gaudreau family is going through right now.

Appreciate your loved ones. I live minutes away from my family, but I hug them every time I see them.

Condolences to the Gaudreau family, friends and CBJ fans.

Have a good journey, Johnny :(

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad