News Article: Johnny Gaudreau passed away

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Brutal that we need these types of awful reminders for how precious & potentially short life can be.

can’t fathom how difficult a time it is for a young family who now need to move fwd without their spouse / father.
You are so right. This morning was bit down on routine stuff and this puts things In Perspective
Should be in a prison with the most hardened criminals or given the death sentence.
death too easy . First option sounds way better

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Should be in a prison with the most hardened criminals or given the death sentence.
Considering the devastating effects drunk driving can have on people and how well known the consequences are, there should be stricter punishments for it. There is simply no excuse to drive drunk these days.

Reactions: tazsub3

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
The news made me want to listen again to Dubmatique - Soul Pleurer as well as La Vie Est Si Fragile.
Must feel like insurmountable sorrow for Gaudreau's parents, wife and siblings (especially the sister who planned the wedding and chose the date)... :(

Reactions: DesmondDekker

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
I think the drinking is secondary to just bad driving habits in this case. People become accustomed to always wanting to save a few minutes while driving and this becomes a reflex rather than thought out. The same thing happened to me when I was younger. And one sees it everyday, all the time. To change this habit, it requires some reprogramming, telling yourself that those few minutes will have no impact on anything in your life, and to just ignore the opporunities that present themselves to "save time" (as there's usually nothing of note happening at the destination point that would benefit from an extra few minutes).

In short, retrain your brain to accept a few additional minutes of time for safe travels. Once you take the decision, it's surprisingly easy to implement. You just exist in a parallel reality to people driving like maniacs bumper to bumper who have given no such thought to their own insignificant existence.

I drive 35 minutes every day to go to work, I respect the limits and I get assholes riding my bumper every single day. It'll never change especially with people driving these gigantic SUVs thinking they're invincible.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sad, sad tragedy.

Angered by how this guy must have been driving. It’s not like he cut them off into a ditch. A level way beyond typical asshole driving.

Also gutted for his sister who was set to marry. The guilt, the shattered plans, … when and how does the couple get on with their lives? And TWO brothers!! I can’t imagine.

Have we seen anything like this in hockey since Pelle Lindbergh??

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Sad, sad tragedy.

Angered by how this guy must have been driving. It’s not like he cut them off into a ditch. A level way beyond typical asshole driving.

Also gutted for his sister who was set to marry. The guilt, the shattered plans, … when and how does the couple get on with their lives? And TWO brothers!! I can’t imagine.

Have we seen anything like this in hockey since Pelle Lindbergh??
The only recent one I can think of is when Heatley was driving way over the speed limit and killed his teammate Dan Snyder. Healthy wasn't found to be drinking at the time of the incident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmodiar

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Just a terrible loss.Were the 2 of them riding their bikes in the dark on a side road or did this happen in the daylight ?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Shit dude. I really always liked him as a player.

That's a huge sad day for their sister aswell (today should be their mariage).

R.I.P to both.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The only recent one I can think of is when Heatley was driving way over the speed limit and killed his teammate Dan Snyder. Healthy wasn't found to be drinking at the time of the incident b
20 years and 11 months exactly from yesterday also. All the stars aligned for this tragedy it seems like.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I'm a tough old sod that's seen a lot in life and I must admit that when I opened the internet this morning and read this awful news,I got misty eyed. Rest in paradise to those two brothers and hockey heroes.Drinking and driving kills. Please don't ever do it.I will miss watching Johnny play as I liked his style. R.I.P

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Told police he “downed 6 beers” before driving
He did not pass away. He and his brother were killed by a car. Let’s be forthright. Way too many people are injured and killed by cars. It’s unacceptable.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Days like today just make you wonder how you would respond to or how your family would deal with losing you in such a situation

And frankly, it just shakes you. Unbearable, unimagineable.

Hopefully people take pause, reflect a bit
Not quite the same but we've lost two individuals in our family in rather sudden circumstances, both to cancer but in both cases they passed away in less than 7 days from finding out. The shock of it all never really wears out, one of those individuals was my dad and I have a conversation with him in my phone about my brother one night and that was the last conversation we ever had.

I hope the family is able to recover, but I know they have a long journey ahead, and for his children it's truly heartbreaking that they'll never know their father. This day has stirred a lot of emotions in me and I think anyone whose lost a relative they are close to can empathize deeply with the Gaudreau family, I hope they're able to find even the smallest amount of comfort with each other in the days ahead

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad