News Article: Johnny Gaudreau passed away

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Impatience behind the wheel is as much as a factor. There are a lot of dumb ass aggressive drivers doing stupid things to get somewhere 5 minutes faster.

I see it every day on the 401. Did the driver go onto the shoulder, then? Late at night on a country road. That's crazy driver time. Unless this guy is a complete psychopath, I feel for him, too. He made some incredibly stupid decisions that changed the lives of so many including himself.
What terrifies me is when I stop at a crosswalk to let people walk and some chode drives around me to keep going. I've seen some close calls, luckily nothing serious

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
So very sad and completely unnecessary. RIP Johnny

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Apparently, the driver wasn't arrested. Cops would have forced him to take a breathalyzer and arrested him on the spot if he had been drinking. It is highly likely this report is inaccurate.

They were biking on a country road, late at night & an impatient driver hit them while trying to pass a slower vehicle. That seems to be what happened.

This driver has probably taken this action hundreds of times previously with no issue if he actually lives in the area.

It's a horrific accident.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What terrifies me is when I stop at a crosswalk to let people walk and some chode drives around me to keep going. I've seen some close calls, luckily nothing serious

Yeah, I live in an an area with a lot of roundabouts. Using a crosswalk is ..... interesting.

I also have driven a country road late at night. Going 20-40 kms above the limit is extremely normal. It's also pitch black.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Just read this . I am numb
God rest his soul , and may the killer burn in hell be it in life or afterlife

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Apparently, the driver wasn't arrested. Cops would have forced him to take a breathalyzer and arrested him on the spot if he had been drinking. It is highly likely this report is inaccurate.

They were biking on a country road, late at night & an impatient driver hit them while trying to pass a slower vehicle. That seems to be what happened.

This driver has probably taken this action hundreds of times previously with no issue if he actually lives in the area.

It's a horrific accident.
From the ESPN news posted above, he was charged with DUI

Reactions: LaP and MarkovsKnee

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Impatience behind the wheel is as much as a factor. There are a lot of dumb ass aggressive drivers doing stupid things to get somewhere 5 minutes faster.

I see it every day on the 401. Did the driver go onto the shoulder, then? Late at night on a country road. That's crazy driver time. Unless this guy is a complete psychopath, I feel for him, too. He made some incredibly stupid decisions that changed the lives of so many including himself.

Yeah, the 401, but especially the DVP and 400 are fking death traps.

It’s scary because I go bike riding every second Sunday up in Stouffville (on one lane roads) and all the time, cars just blaze by me going well over the speed limit.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, the 401, but especially the DVP and 400 are fking death traps.

It’s scary because I go bike riding every second Sunday up in Stouffville (on one lane roads) and all the time, cars just blaze by me going well over the speed limit.

Fortunately, I don't have to drive those highways. I was driving the 427 around the airport a lot which was also a death trap. The lane improvements they've made have helped a lot, though.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
From the ESPN news posted above, he was charged with DUI

I saw suspected of being under the influence and charged with death by auto. Quick google shows that to be “Death by auto is a second degree crime punishable by up to 10 years in state prison and a fine up to $200,000” “Criminal homicide constitutes reckless vehicular homicide when it is caused by driving a vehicle or vessel recklessly. “

It’s possible the investigation is ongoing… maybe blood samples are being analyzed?

For years I lived in rural areas where one lane roadways resulted in impatient maneuvers causing fatal collisions…

Really sad news. Devastating to the Gaudreau family. My thoughts are with his family & friends…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad