In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
now tell that to the pukes that rip down my street every morning in a rush to get to work of all places
I'm a proponent of paying people for their time commuting to work. Maybe that would slow some folks down. Something in our society has reduced our collective patience, particularly when it comes to getting to work in the morning, but i think it bleeds over into other aspects of our lives and leads to tragedies like this one. Somethings are, in fact, more important than your job.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
This death hit me harder than any celebrity or athlete death, I was praying it was false when the rumors came out last night.

I’ve been far too casual about driving after a few drinks myself, and these kind of events are a sobering reminder of what can happen if you do that. The driver deserves to rot in prison, don’t let that be you in the future.
This is the reason I simply don’t drink alcohol. Personal tragedies is all I need to know it’s not worth it.

I feel for his family. I know the pain.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Through all of this, I really hope the driver of the SUV that was passing wide to give room to the Gaudreaus doesn't feel guilty for what happened.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Among the worst tragedies our game has ever seen, and here I was just thinking last month after hearing about Khyree Jackson that hockey had largely been spared these kinds of terrible events. The world has lost two young men far, far too soon and for the most selfish of reasons.

Reactions: kevistar

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Through all of this, I really hope the driver of the SUV that was passing wide to give room to the Gaudreaus doesn't feel guilty for what happened.
In the grand scheme of things and the fact that he was next in line, I imagine he feels shock and thankfulness. It could have been him too.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
A very tragic accident. When's the last time such a high profile current NHL player died like this?

Would be great if we could solve the drunk driver problem for good. Sadly, relying on people not being idiots only gets you so far.

I would be in favour for a 0 tolerance limit on alcohol. If you drink even a small glass, don't drive.
It won't eliminate the problem fully, but it might scare some people enough to reduce the problem.

Unless the reason for the limits is linked to the accuracy of the instruments to measure alcohol levels. But there's not reason to allow people to drive even if it's "a little bit". Because no one knows what their blood level is at, it leaves people responsible to decide if they drank enough or not - and something so dangerous to be left to the interpretation of people under influence is ridiculous.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
My goodness. There are no words.

So tragic... I'm utterly shocked and this is dreadful news for the sport of hockey, all NHL fans, and for the family of those boys. Thoughts are with them and can't even possibly imagine how they're feeling.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
In utter shock and gutted, I loved Johnny, even though he left, never hated him, he was always nice and a classy guy, overcame all the odds to make it to the NHL. RIP Johnny and Matthew, condolences to the family, so tragic.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'm a proponent of paying people for their time commuting to work. Maybe that would slow some folks down. Something in our society has reduced our collective patience, particularly when it comes to getting to work in the morning, but i think it bleeds over into other aspects of our lives and leads to tragedies like this one. Somethings are, in fact, more important than your job.

i actually get paid for my commute.

• Wow
Reactions: kevistar

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
This is hitting me pretty hard. In my teens I was a passenger in a car that got hit by a drunk driver. I don't like telling the story, as it takes me to a dark place. I'll just say that I was nearly killed.

I hope Johnny Hockey's family finds some strength and comfort right now.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
What a horrific day.. known Johnnie and his father since Pee wees when he was playing against kids 2-3 years older than him and just doing his thing. My son played against him for a few years here and being a goalie's father those days were not always pleasant. I cannot imagine the devastation this has brought to the family and my heart breaks for them. RIP Johnny and Matt...prayers to the whole Gaudreau family ....

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
A very tragic accident. When's the last time such a high profile current NHL player died like this?

Would be great if we could solve the drunk driver problem for good. Sadly, relying on people not being idiots only gets you so far.
Rodion Amirov had signed his ELC and was pretty much a lock to have a solid NHL career when he tragically past a few years ago. But there has never in NHL history been a player on the level of Gaudreau who died in his prime. Closest thing is probably that Swedish Goalie I forget his name I think it’s something like Pelle Lindbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad