John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Tell him he's had a head injury and that it's very important not to move. Please stay down until we can assess the situation John. Hold up, just stay still for a bit.
I’d bet you 100 bucks that’s exactly what he’s saying to him. JT ain’t listening. In that moment he’s basically 12 tequila shots in. The room is spinning, his head is pounding, he’s scared probably because he can’t see straight (literally) and embarrassed because he’s a hockey player and his entire country including every family member is watching him be on the ice. He wants up. You can’t force him down because sudden/forced movement might cause the exact thing you’re trying to protect him from. He doesn’t want JT to get up. Much like watching slo mo hits and second guessing everything, how this guy rolled with what he had is being evaluated to a ridiculous level. He did a good job. I can’t think of anything he could’ve done different and I do this all the time. He needed another set of hands to help guide JT because it’s tough holding c-spine on a moving patient and guiding them at the same time. Pretty much impossible really.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
hope the upload worked,

this is when it got really scary for me.

Feel better champ.

100% not intentional, seriously.

EDIT: at game speed at first i thought it was Perry's skate (the toe part) that hit JT in the middle of the face... holy shit man ><

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-20_21-38-0.png
    upload_2021-5-20_21-38-0.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • tavares.JPG
    tavares.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 11

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Watch it real time from the second camera Perry’s view. He had time to flinch or lean or move he chose his path if it went through JT that was just a free bonus
There was absolutely no intent on Perrys part.

You can tell by watching a persons demeanour just how they are reacting to a situation and you could tell Perry was visibly upset. He literally allowed Foligno to punch him a few times while doing next to nothing to fight back other then cover up. Thats how you know.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That was tough to watch. I can't agree with anyone in here though claiming this was on purpose or accidentally on purpose though and I hate Corey Perry and think he's a dirty player. It was a split second reaction and if he had lifted his entire leg instead of bending his knee he easily could have caught Tavares with a skate blade across the face.

Reactions: Bartcal

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
I’d bet you 100 bucks that’s exactly what he’s saying to him. JT ain’t listening. In that moment he’s basically 12 tequila shots in. The room is spinning, his head is pounding, he’s scared probably because he can’t see straight (literally) and embarrassed because he’s a hockey player and his entire country including every family member is watching him be on the ice. He wants up. You can’t force him down because sudden/forced movement might cause the exact thing you’re trying to protect him from. He doesn’t want JT to get up. Much like watching slo mo hits and second guessing everything, how this guy rolled with what he had is being evaluated to a ridiculous level. He did a good job. I can’t think of anything he could’ve done different and I do this all the time. He needed another set of hands to help guide JT because it’s tough holding c-spine on a moving patient and guiding them at the same time. Pretty much impossible really.

Sure, maybe. I saw no urgency from the first man on the scene.

I thought it looked like he was helping him up at one point.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Yeah in my experience people don't listen very well when you tell them to stay down and stay still. All they want to do is get up.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
There was absolutely no intent on Perrys part.

You can tell by watching a persons demeanour just how they are reacting to a situation and you could tell Perry was visibly upset. He literally allowed Foligno to punch him a few times while doing next to nothing to fight back other then cover up. Thats how you know.

Almost killing someone you know has that effect that does not really relate to anything else tho.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I hope he fully recovers. This is just a game. Seeing his body collapse like that was scary.

Wish nothing but the best for him and a speedy recovery. You don't want to see that happen to anyone.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Scary to watch

completely unintentional

Just one of those extremely unfortunate circumstances that played out the way it did

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t get why everyone including the color commentator auto calls it “accidental”. Perry is the king of accidental on purpose. To me it looks like he saw that hit on Tavares and the fall develop. He saw enough to know he had to jump over Tavares, but of course he accidentally on purpose just chose not to jump high or to the right enough.

Hope Johnny T recovers quickly. Thumbs up at the end is a good sign.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Yeah in my experience people don't listen very well when you tell them to stay down and stay still. All they want to do is get up.

I got a head injury to the point of a serious concussion, broken nose, broken teeth, and a pile of stitches and some plastic surgery to repair my lip.

I tried to get up immediately after the incident, fought everyone trying to hold me down for a good deal of time and remember none of it until I was on a stretcher going into an ambulance a half hour later.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Scary and I hope JT is ok and recovers. That was as bad as watching McCleary, Zednik, and Malarchuk injuries.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Don’t get why everyone including the color commentator auto calls it “accidental”. Perry is the king of accidental on purpose. To me it looks like he saw that hit on Tavares and the fall develop. He saw enough to know he had to jump over Tavares, but of course he accidentally on purpose just chose not to jump high or to the right enough.

Come on now - Perry isnt going to launch a knee into his friend's head. He is moving at 20 miles an hour and has a split second to react...

Reactions: compan

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
As a Leafs fan, this obviously sucks. I really hope Tavares is okay and able to return to the lineup soon. That being said, as much as I hate the Habs and think Perry is a rat, I don't believe for a second that he did this on purpose. It was just a freak accident. Sometimes things happen and it's nobody's fault.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Hope Tavares is ok. I agree it was accidental but good on Perry and Foligno for the fight so that everyone can move on.
Although I get your point, it's kind of sad that they had to have a fight to "settle it." I think most people agree this was accidental and Perry couldn't avoid it. Everyone was obviously concerned first and foremost about Tavares' health. Perry even went over to him while he was on the stretcher so kudos to him. You think that with both teams showing their concern and support for him would end it right there. Why does there need to be another fight where another player could get injured?

That being said, despite my dislike of both Perry and the Leafs, I just hope Tavares has a speedy recovery. His long term health is way more important than hockey.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Quite an active imagination you have.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Come on now - Perry isnt going to launch a knee into his friend's head. He is moving at 20 miles an hour and has a split second to react...
Nearly all hockey plays happen fast requiring quick reaction and players have no issue making the play. It’s a tough call, but if you watched Perry for a decade+ in the Pacific division you know accidental on purpose is his bread and butter. If it was another player I give the benefit of the doubt, but I am suspect to say the least.

Leafs and Habs fans haven’t watched enough Perry to know. But this play is definately in his wheel house. Although I don’t think he’d expect the results to look so horrid.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I got a head injury to the point of a serious concussion, broken nose, broken teeth, and a pile of stitches and some plastic surgery to repair my lip.

I tried to get up immediately after the incident, fought everyone trying to hold me down for a good deal of time and remember none of it until I was on a stretcher going into an ambulance a half hour later.

It's natural. I've had 2 concussions in my life and the 2nd one, when I was about 15, I slipped on ice and fell back and was knocked out cold. When woken up, I immediately tried to get up even with people trying to keep me down.

Reactions: bleedgreen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad